Masters Running

Tuesday - 2/6/2018 (Read 38 times)

''Tom - challenge him to who can do the most one-legged squats.''

......Seriously tet//....the ones in ReHab are done off a step whilst holding onto a bannister,,,,,,,,,,they're not that hard,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIR-m85_gVQ

ReHab would use -

Side (on video)

Step-Up

and

Step-Down

of 20 reps each twice daily

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

,they're not that hard,,,,

20 reps each twice daily

ho hum

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tom - That's a great exercise.  When I started single leg stuff for my left leg after getting of crutches, I was pretty dang surprised at how weak it was compared to my other leg after 4 weeks.  I like the exercise you've shared.  I have a great 2-piece "step" from my "The Firm" days that will be perfect for it.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bioguy

Wow- consider my butt kicked. 8.5 miles total that included 12 x 1/4 mile intervals with 1/4 mile recoveries. Whew!

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - it possible, it would be good to get the test.  With my DH (and his father), the low-oxygenated blood gets thick when sleeping, and that's why it is such a big stroke risk.  One of my classmates from HS had a stroke when he was 42 due to sleep apnea.  He died the year before last, because of complications from the damage caused by the stroke.  When DH got his C-Pap, he finally began to get good sleep (me too) after years of feeling exhausted all the time.

TomWhite - good exercise.  I usually put my back leg on the sofa when I do these, but am not confident enough about my balance to use weights.

5 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

32 minutes of pool running today.

tomwhite, what do you mean by "push against the water"?  That squat exercise looks deceptively easy. I bet it's quite a workout to do 20 of them, and then switch sides?

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, a quick 2 miles easy before work.  At lunch ran to the base track and did intervals, 4 x 1200.  They went poorly, but they went.  That run was 7.76 miles (Garmin).  Average pace was 7:50.  After work taught spin at the Y.

Tammy, consider picking up the "previous generation" of the watch you're interested in, for example the Forerunner 230 instead of the 235.  Garmin still supports it and they're pretty good about warning you when support is going to be discontinued (happened with me on my 3rd 305--and they gave me a deal on the 220 I'm using now).

Tramps, those kinds of flocks/swarms/two long words I'd never seen before always remind me of The Birds also.

Tom, that was funny about the judge ordering an injunction against NYC.  Pretty sure the 82nd would have a hard time trying to do that today.

Nice intervals Bioguy.

Have a great night everyone!

Feeling a little like TwoCat here - my 8.2 miles on Sunday didn't make it to Jay's Monday recap so did they really happen???

KSA - that's a cool super bowl memory!! Congrats to your team and their fans!!

6.7 miles today - still feeling a little sluggish probably from the combo of blood donation, flying, vacation eating and drinking and the change in humidity, but so very thankful for the health to be able to get out there and run!! So awesome being able to stretch and workout outside by the pool looking out at the canal!!

denise

deez4boyz I know, not making the coastwalker roundup is a bit like having your Garmin fail or forgetting to take it altogether. Maybe then the run never happened. All that work for nothing. 

An incredibly busy day for me. Up early and ran 8 miles. then the rest of the day in the office. Worst of all, near 5pm I checked my real estate class syllabus and realized that I had missed a class day on it. That day would be tomorrow! That meant spending the rest of the day plus my evening preparing a set of lecture notes for class tomorrow. We will see how it goes!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

12.2 on another beautiful summer day.

Key thingy; I bought a couple knock-off versions of that, they are great if you have a bundle of flat keys you need to contain. But, we have one key to open all the exterior doors, and keypad deadbolt/handles on others. So, they key thingies got set aside. I have a whole bundle of client keys, I COULD transfer them to the key thingy, but some are color-coded or odd sized.

Garmin 235; that's the watch I originally wanted, but got a Polar M400 instead because they were only $100 at the time. Now I have the M430, which has wrist heartrate, and you can "detune" the GPS so the watch will last up to 48 hours or more in GPS mode (but it only takes a reading every 60 seconds or something in that power saving mode).

Starlings; it's too late to kill them all. They are entrenched. Someone thought it would be a good idea to bring birds mentioned in Shakespeare over to North America, and Starlings have decimated the native species.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

Dave59, I could use a sanity organizer.

Tramps, that's a way cool picture.

Tom White, I love it!

Cripes Henrun, who wouldn't love to be your neighbors?

Locally the mute swans(introduced from Europe) have pushed out the less aggressive trumpeter swans. Lately, the Department of natural Resources have been catching the mute swans. Neutering their tingly bits so they can't reproduce. Then setting them free. The dog and I counted over two dozen in a nice area of backwaters.

Two before work. Three after.

DW and I have signed up for a weight lifestyle management system through work. The first three weeks, we've been banned from cake, candy, brownies, cookies and ice cream. What else is there? I didn't delve into those delights until I quit drinking. I had some crazy bad headaches at first. Now it's life as usual.

SteveP

. . . we've been banned from cake, candy, brownies, cookies and ice cream. What else is there? I didn't delve into those delights until I quit drinking. 

The Hub's is ice cream and chocolate M&Ms . . . or basically anything else in the house that's sweet, but those are the two main things.  We quit buying cold cereal because he couldn't not eat big bowls of it every day.  *sigh* Don't get me wrong, I'll take the massive sweets eater he's become over the nasty person he was before he quit drinking, but I sure do worry about the health issues associated with it.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance