Masters Running

Happy Sat Runs - Workouts - and Greta Friends (Read 443 times)

evanflein

Sorry about the sucky runs, Enke. I had some of those a couple weeks ago and they gradually got better. Tough going for awhile though. Hang in there.

You men with your low heartrates. Geez. Almost need to hold a mirror to your nose to see if you're really breathing. Mine is pretty low resting (mid to upper 40's) but I can zip it up to upper 160's without much effort. Mid-170's when running strong but I can still talk. A friend of mine (male) is sure he'd puke at 170...Go figure.

Byll, have fun tomorrow. I'm sure you'll kick some major butt and have a greta run!

Nice running, TimBo. Fun to have that 24 hour option and apparently no time limits on the treadmill. Well, I guess there's not much of a waiting list at 3:00 a.m., right? You've done a good job with the base building and will have some good races this year, for sure!

{{Deb}} I'm glad it's not as serious as it sounded, but also very glad you're going to get it taken care of. 

I think I'll run outside today, even though we do have more snow and it's a bit on the cold side today. Hmmm, just checked again and it's -12° I thought it would warm up more than that. Now I'm feeling like a weenie and want to stay home. But No! Too much treadmill running already. Time to start "the process" of getting ready, I guess.

Slo

Bike build is progressing well.

I was jonesing for a beer so I thought I better take a break and go get my run in first. You know how beer and garage work go hand in hand.

A very easy 6.5 miles. Mid 30's, sunny....everyone was out.

Everything is mounted. I'm down to running the cable to the rear deraileur, sizing the chain, wrapping the handlebars and tuning the draileur systems.

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Dg}}} – rest up, Deb, and I hope this gets resolved in a fairly quick and painless way.

Slo – nice bike!

Erika - enjoy Scotsdale! 

I switched out yesterday’s easy day for today, with 2 miles on the TM, followed by some core and upper body weights, plus 58 push-ups.  Busy dsy today with a half-day at the tax office, followed by DD's school carnival, grocery shopping, and library stop.  On tap for tonight: Zombieland.  

More snow last night will ensure the bike path is still covered, but I think I’m going to try it for tomorrow’s 20-miler anyway.  It may make for a long and slow slog, but I’m pretty tired of the TM. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Evening, gang!

dg - whew - I'm so glad your visit to the emergency room ended happily.  Warmest hugs my friend!

{{{{{George's truck}}}}} - sorry about that!!

Divechief - my sweat puddles have been confined to the bottom of the machine.  I'll have to work on puddling around the machine ;-). 

DH and I picked up our race packets in Hyannis this afternoon.  I had enough sense not to pack any cold weather running gear.  As soon as I set foot in the Expo, the running urge hit me.  I started to look for running gear, but managed to talk myself down.  The motel where we're staying has the same ellipticals as my gym, so I'm going to do a long elliptical workout while DH race tomorrow morning.  I picked up some ALINE shoe inserts at the Expo - anybody tried these?  

Gotta go meet some friends for pre-race carbo loading (them, not me ;-()

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

King of PhotoShop

Just checking in to send my love to my favorite runner, dg.  Be well. Spareribs
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Slo--nice bike, but I think you got gypped buying on eBay--half the spokes are missing

An hour of pump class for me this morning.  I scaled back the weight that I overenthusiastically added last week.  Doesn't feel like my arms will be sore until Tuesday this week.

My RHR was high 30's, low 40's while on atenolol--my cardio took me off it and now it's mid 50's.  back before BP meds, it was lower.  hope as fitness increases, it decreases again.  I agree with Erica's friend, though, 170 would be RTYP territory for me too.

glad you like those intellectual movies Holly.

Tomorrow I think I'll try an actual outdoor run.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Laura and I ran 14 miles today also Timbo. the plan was 13, but it was 13.5 by the time we did our loop, so we added a bit more for an even 14. Not quite as speedy as Tim though. 2:16 was our time. We did a few challenging hills in there, so had a few minutes that eeked into the 10 m/mile range.  My average HR was the upper 160's. A few miles were into the 170's also - the uphills probably.  I was just pleased that with that long of a run, I averaged out 168 or so. I am astounded at the guys' low heart rates.

Tammy

Maniac 505

Slo: 

Sweet looking bike, the wheels don't  quite look like campy G7 spoke lacing , but kind of close.  I can't quite ID the cable routing to determine if it is campe or Shimano,  but I am guessing high end shimmano

so are you going to clue us in on how you speced out the bike, or will you keep it a mystery?

evanflein

I made it out for 9 miles... 9.13 to be exact (per Garmin), in temps ranging from -3° to -5°. For it not being that cold, it sure felt cold. I think it's because there was no direct sun with totally overcast grey skies. Spent my time looking for plowed bike paths and had to do several out-and-backs on some bigger roads in "spoke" fashion to get it done. 8:40 average pace, lots of slow mincing steps across icy intersections and road crossings.
                    SteveP

.   Spring my ass......   

Winter is loosing it's novelty.

DG, I hope you're not featured on an episode of "House"

6.2 snow covered miles. DW booked us a trip to FL late March. Darn well better warm up down there.

SteveP