Masters Running

Talkin' about Tuesday, 11.5.13 (Read 44 times)

..MORNIN' GUYS//...........running late today

28mprnb

plus steps

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good stuff people.  Holly - that's not a marathon, that's an obstathon.

The best sign I saw at the marathon wasn't a sign at all.  The DJ in Harlem was talking to a guy who was walking the course - "you better start running - nobody walks through Harlem - I don't walk through Harlem!"  Both runners and spectators enjoyed that line.

7 miles "running" on the treadmill this morning.  Felt really good.

Time to set my plan for LA.

C-R

Busy work place today in here.

Nice story Slo.

Glad you had fun with the grands Tom.

Annoyed at a marathon. Sounds like all of mine about mile 25.

Run-vote-run. Very good Karin.

I ran a hard 5k at lunch and then a harder 5 1/4 with DS after work. That boy is getting fast. Promised him a new set of "real" spikes if he qualifies for US Nationals. Psst - he'll likely get some for next fall anyway but hey, if it motivates him now.......

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - too funny!

Okay, I forgot my response to everyone else....sorry...

Trying to go through my photos from Utah and skim/save some from what my friends took too.

Crazy busy at work and I was only out 3 days....Undecided

3.1 recovery paced miles for me this morning on the TM.

I think I'm getting a cold.....those germ-filled airplanes.....

One thing I noticed, as we flew across the country - Ohio get a bad rap, but it looked very beautiful flying over it, much more so than lots of the country we crossed.  So many fields of different colors, depending on the crop and whether it had been harvested or still left to dry, and the grass so bright green from recent rains, against the many patches of woods all lit up with reds, yellows and brilliant orange - lovely!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Well, count me in the list of folks who are mighty busy today and the rest of the week.

I have been up since 5am doing the different things I enjoy doing every hour of the day.

Let me see: I ran 3.1 on my great winter pal aka the TM; I did some ab workout, I went to do the work I so enjoy doing, traveled to the Methow for a meeting, came home and baked a pan of apple crisp to feed the folks from my community who came to brainstorm with me the potential of a HM in the spring and now I am left with this awesome feeling knowing that I am an intricate part of a small, vibrant and free spirited rural community...

So...PBJ I must say that is was good to see you running the NYC marathon!

Ok, now off to get ready for another loong day.

Ohh, but the weekend is coming and Dievechief and Enkaphalin are going to be at my place this weekend. Divechief is arriving Friday, Enkie on Saturday...ohh we are going to have soooo much fun!

..ahhh...live is good!!!

Ok then...I better start doing some more zombies chase Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard