Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 7.31.18 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

I think it's funny we're all telling Mike to slow down. You're making us tired! 

Haha! I'm not telling him to slow down, I asked why he always runs faster than the plan! Like Jay said, if he's always faster than the plan, maybe he needs a new plan? But, he did sort of explain it, so it's all good. Basically, he's not sure what he's doing (after all these marathons, really?) and is making it up as he goes with a little help from the Hanson's. I get it.

So I'm closing in on 200 miles for July, finally! And with 2.5 miles to make it, I'm not going to quit at 199 and I'm certainly not doing enough to hit 211, so no prime for me this month, and I'm ok with that. I'll get out at the end of the work day because someone rescheduled my 11:30 meeting to 1 pm so sort of screwed up my mid-day plan. Oh well.

Mike E

MM #5615

Prime numbers, should anyone need to head out and log a few extra for July...

Thanks milktruck, but I'm at 170 miles and today the plan calls for no running...and we all know how much I like to follow the plan...

I didn't even end on an even number, much less prime.  2 treadmill miles tonight got me to 82.3, which I'll take considering the injury took me out for the first two weeks or so.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Nice prime sequence, MilkTruck.   I let my miles land where they may but I'm ALWAYS checking on race bibs to see if they are prime...it's a nice feature when that happens.

Got in some miles near marathon pace on Monday morning, with which I was pleased, coming 9 days after the Ultra.   Will be out in (likely) rain early tomorrow for 8+.

And, yes,  it's getting darker.   I didn't take my headlamp on Monday, just didn't want to.   And saw 7 other runners with theirs and noticed how invisible I was.   It'll be on tomorrow.

Don't slow down, Mike.   Run with perseverance the race set before you.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

milktruck let me see, go out in the dark with a bum hamstring and get to a prime number or finish my scotch and go to sleep. Tough call, but the scotch is going to win. 

SPUNKY57 Running rule book rule #1, "No running in the rain!"© Applies to thunder storms too. Plus there the penalty is potentially a lot higher!

evanflein I think that in Alaska you get bonus miles for just surviving the winters. You can transfer some to July and call it a prime number for the total. Just a suggestion. 

My PT cleared me to use the elliptical today. But I decided discretion was the better part of valor and decided to just do some gym work. I am seeing her tomorrow morning. I may give the elliptical a shot tomorrow morning with the delusion that she will repair any damage I may do. Then again, I may just pass on the risk. We will see.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

9.8 on Mt Tam, 1520' climbing

At the astoundingly slow pace of 12:14! I'm not used to any real heat, and it was 80-90 on the hillside. I walked all the steep parts. I was planning on a 15 miler, but took a wrong turn and missed the Northside trailhead (because I decided to do the run counter-clockwise for a change). Ended up on top instead, and discovered the water has been turned off! 1.5 miles down to West Point Inn, and got water there. Considered taking another route to make a longer run from there, but decided I was beat up enough and went the 1.5 back down to the van.

now it's truly beer'o'clock.

Beer: we have to stop meeting like this!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

C-R

Good point about construction sites Jay.

Speed workout tonight. A little over 8 miles but some tough stuff. There are about 40 people in the group including a couple of Olympic marathon qualifiers. I hate chasing fast youngsters but it builds character.

Time to call it quits.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

milktruck let me see, go out in the dark with a bum hamstring and get to a prime number or finish my scotch and go to sleep. Tough call, but the scotch is going to win. 

False dichotomy; not mutually exclusive.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, just over 5 miles yesterday in high humidity.  This morning was an easier paced and just humid.  Knee was griping so only went 4.

JLynne, a belated Boun Compleanno!

Tammy, hope you are able to go on your trip.

Milktruck, prime numbers?  I shoot for irrational or imaginary ones!  :-)

TwoCat, with you on the Scotch.  At my last unit, the wing commander went on a TDY to Scotland.  Brought me back a small bottle of 10 year old from a small distillery I'd never heard of.  Almost as smooth as my 18 year old Glenfidditch.

DW is driving down tomorrow so if you don't hear from me.....

Have a great night everyone!

SteveP

C-R (and everyone else) - it always helps to know where there is new construction and porta-potties!

The world is my urinal.

Dave59, I enjoy hearing about Annabelle time.

As promised, a few pictures of GD#1's 4th birthday.

GS#2 who will be 4 in 6 weeks.

DW, DOD, and yours truly.

SteveP

Dave59

False dichotomy; not mutually exclusive.