Masters Running

Saturday, May 31st Daily (Read 335 times)

Awwww....Susan. I am sorry about the kitty. I had a cat for 18-19 years and went through exactly the same process and it is NOT an easy one. That is ONE of the reasons I have no pets now. A nice 5.56 miles in 86 degree weather. A great run to finish off the month of May 2008. Thanks Twocat and Spareribs for the answer. I GREATLY appreciated the answer and the thought process. All of the information shared were solid answers. I have always erred on the cautious side but have continued to quietly increase my miles each year in a gradual pace. Your answers only confirm my thoughts and feelings. So far I have managed to dodge any major injury in my running, but then again I am not fast nor trying to bust a time PR every time out. For this reason, my potential for injury is less than those trying to increase their speed all the time. Thanks again.
    Vista
      Susan, Sorry to hear about your cat. I have gone thru that in the past too. Be strong An hour ez tonight with a few strides. Feel amazingly good...rest tomorrow and a trail run with Topdown on Monday evening. Cheers Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

{{{Susan}}} Sorry about your kitty. Mine (well, I share custody with my mom; long story) will be 16 in the fall, if she makes it until then. Here's hoping both of our furry friends can avoid the last trip to the vet. Cry Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

No time to read the thread right now, but I realized I didn't post my run this morning. Warmup: 1.1 miles, 9:13 Workout: 3.1 miles (5K race), 6:52/mi, 21:20, AHR 179 -- 3rd in AG, but no hardware -- they only gave to the top 2. 21st overall (about 250 finishers, I think). Humid, hilly, very warm. My first visit to the med tent -- my HR didn't come down from ~115 for quite a while after the race, and I just didn't feel right -- they suggested hydrating better before the race -- nothing serious. I'll try to read the thread tomorrow morning, sorry...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy Boomers, This morning I had to take DD to town for an orthodontist appointment, and afterward we went for a walk around a lake - probably about 2 miles. She didn't want to go, and pouted for the first 5 minutes or so, then she forgot she was supposed to be pouting, and we had a nice walk and talk. This afternoon she wanted to go to the rec center to run - she's on week 4 of the C25K, and she likes to run on the track or treadmill to keep track of distance. I keep telling her it's so much nicer outside, but all we have around here are hilly dirt roads, and she says she's not ready for that. So I drove her to the rec center, then ran from there with the dogs while she did her running inside. Too bad for her - it was 60 degrees and overcast, perfect weather. The dogs and I went about 4 miles in about 45 minutes - they slowed me down a bit with all their sniffing and peeing breaks, though! Susan, sorry about your cat. It's really a shame pets don't live as long as their people, but they bring so much joy to our lives for the time they're here. Bruce, congrats on your 12 miler. Your log looks so regular - are you a man with a plan, or what? Big grin My log is all over the place - I obviously run by feel, and have no plan at all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Workout: 3.1 miles (5K race), 6:52/mi, 21:20, AHR 179 -- 3rd in AG, but no hardware -- they only gave to the top 2. 21st overall (about 250 finishers, I think).
              Tried to sneak this one by us late in the day huh? Very nice race Lou on a tough course and temp. Well done. Spareribs
              SteveP

Larry, are you a maniac in training????? Confused Good deal on the 35 mpw Spareribs!! Sweet. Breger, I pretty much bagged the spring. Life happens. I'm shooting for the Cherry Festival of Races 15K in July. As Ribs suggested, well see how it goes. (((((Susan))))) Though I'm not a cat person, I'm fond of our cat. She lets me know when it's my bed time. If I'm sitting and she meaws, generally, I get up and see what she needs. Other than that, she has me wrapped around her little paw. Other than that, I'm not a cat person. With your handle, WRFB, how, specifically would you hydrate???? DW took me to the local animal shelter this AM. No photos yet. He's a Catahula Leopard Hound mix. His markings are similar to a dalmation's. He can run.At first we were leary cause his body type seemed like a breed that may have gotten a bad wrap.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catahoula_Leopard_Hound I gave him a bone...then took it from him and he thought I was playing. That was a comfort when we have the grandson often. His name is "Ace". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bathound2005.jpg. We ran. He just got back from taking DD#3 for a walk.

SteveP

Susan and Eliz my thoughts are with you both and your cats. I have gone through what you are and it wasn't easy. Just know you have support here if you need it.
                  Mariposai

The hillbillies are having a blast in Seattle. I even had a chance to go out for a nice 6 miles run this afternoon and now we are going to walk around Lake Washington with my friend. Thanks for your words of comfort in regards to my denial letter. I must clarify that they word...you are not it...was my paraphrasing and not their official words...The letter was well written. Black eye. Thanks for your support, nonetheless. You guys are the best.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mariposai - thank you, however, our eastern Washington meccas aren’t the match of international metropolises but, with the multicultural populations, concerts, international dining, students being granted fellowships from Austria to Japan, community wellness runs autumn leaf>>> and events, it’s sure not hillbilly country, . . . and neither are its residents with Ph.D studies, community/state/national/international recognition and awards. But for us crumbs who are, it’s nice to know those in the upper crust, especially since I get to see you tonight belly and flamingo dancing, . . . I mean seeing belly and flamingo dancing at the Ipenema Restaurant and Lounge.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)