Masters Running

Tuesday June 23 daily (Read 436 times)

dg.

Nono I read it twice too.  Smile  Would have loved to hear what they said.  & see the look on his face. 

Craneium.. you're right.   it is a challenge we face.

Mary, I hope the supplements work!  Thanks... your picture made my day.   Where's the fire?

speaking of picutres... Holly, what beautiful pictures!  Now I want some of them along with everything else so I can see how things are going.   growing. 

I'm sorry to hear about all the cuts.

have to get back to work so short report... I tried going to the gym first this morning, sort of a new plan.  I didn't plan my time well enough though.   Just did upper body weight machines, glute/ham raises & split leg bridges to encourage glute firing.    Then to the river for 4.6 miles, a 10.23 minute pace.  Not great but getting a little better.

I have PT this afternoon..... last week I did something to throw my S/I out totally about a half an hour after she adjusted me.  how dumb is that?  I can't wait to have it rearranged.

Outside of the power equipment it'll just be me swearing.

Carolyn - I think the proposal is to have a very limited amount of maintenance staff to try and keep the places from falling apart, if that, but it doesn't sound like the areas would be usable for camping, not even with self-service pay stations.  They wouldn't be able to keep people off the trails without supervision, so I guess you'd almost have a free for all.   Who knows.

And they announced on the radio this a.m. that all the staff for our local adult school is being laid off, as well.  They didn't say anything about closing the school, but how do you have classes without staff?  It's the only place for people to go locally to get basic back-to-work skills at a relatively low cost.  The community college has cut back almost all it's classes in that regard, including two years ago discontinuing all its legal classes, including the paralegal program.  It's gonna be tough for awhile.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks for reminding me Holly, I need to go to the link that the library sent out ... yeah, we go there regularly, especially with the kiddos and during the winter.  In fact, when we first moved here and didn't have a house yet we were daily regulars at the library.

Nono, good for those ladies!

Party at SLO's??

Good luck breger, I hope the new plan works out for you.

Steve, we could have run together again, well, for part of it anyways.  Ran 3.22 in 27 min (8:23), Tuesdays are my short run days and usually a tempo sorta day.  I decided to keep it easy (relatively) in prep for this weekend's long run.  I think I'm finally recovered from the last long run that I ran a little too fast and so did the smart thing by pulling back on the pace of my runs for the last week and a half.  Like Steve, I felt a spring in my step today and know that I'm doing the right thing and am runningsmarter.

Happy twosday runs!

rs

P.S. Por ultimo, termino estudiar espanol hoy!!

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
        Mariposai

P.S. Por ultimo, termino estudiar espanol hoy!!

Abrazo de mariposa para ti entonces.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Sorry for the post and run.

4.4 miles in 96F. Sweet!!!!

Tag rustled up a woodcock and it flew within arm's reach!!. It was beautiful. They're like a deformed humming bird on performance enhancement drugs.

American Woodcock

I took him along an old logging grade to a pool and I went in. It's very spring fed and very cold. Erika would compare it to a sauna. When getting out, I could see our own breath on the water....Brrrr.

SteveP

Renee the dog

I agree that the rude comment was actually funny, while likely not his intent. I think the only reason I came up with anything to say in the moment was to ease the discomfort of the other women.  And, they probably saved him from a life of boorish behavior from that little follow-up exchange today.  The day he gets married, he should say a silent prayer to his 3 angels. .

Yeah, summer's here at the shore. I'll be setting my alarm to get out there earlier. Much easier to run among the drunks who are still on yesterday.  They are usually polite enough to cheer!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Hmmm, not sure about the sauna part... sounds like fun though, Steve! That bird has one seriously long bill...

Nono, "drunks still on yesterday" that's funny. Reminds me of running The Strip in Vegas early in the morning!

I made it back from my run just before the skies opened up! I almost didn't go because it looked cool and windy with the possibility of rain. But I'm glad I did! 4.5 miles in 39:20, .6 mile walk back up the hill to my office. By the time I got to my desk it'd gotten all dark and stormy looking and now it's raining. Perfect timing. It was a little chilly up here on the hill, but down on the trail it was IRC. My legs are a little tired feeling though. Still recovering from this weekend I guess.

Nono - your story puts my boardwalk encounters so far this summer into perspective; my most annoying run-in so far this year took place on the bay; I was paddling well away from a loop where people renting Jet-skis circle round and round like hamsters in a wheel, when one of them slowed down and loudly said "great, now we have to wait for the a$$hole in the kayak."  Funny how they called me the same name I use to describe most people on Jet-skis.

Hopeful - it cracked me up to read "Sweet Brinkley" as the caption under your avatar right after reading about the dead squirrel encounter.

SLO - vodka lemonade?  I'm on my way over.

Erika - was thinking of you when I started my run at 8 p.m. this evening.  It was dark by the time I got in, but it got me thinking how cool it must be to see sunlight all night.

Slogged through 3 miles late this evening after an after work celebration.  Heat, humidity, and one beer four hours earlier do nothing good for my running. 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai ... no le entendi, puede repetirlo por favor?  JK Smile  Gracias!

Just found an old thread Holly started a year and a half ago on speedwork and marathon training.  It reinforced my current training, THANKS for starting it and all the contributions!

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)