Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 11.13.17 (Read 38 times)

hally sounds like a great recipe! I am going to have to try something along those lines. It was not THE bourbon. But close. I am, however, opening up THE bourbon at a dinner party this weekend. I figured not dying was a good enough reason to do so. 

RunnerKSA alas, you are right.  An interval unrecorded on your Garmin never happened. What are you doing at the (I presume) Flying Monkey on race day? Good luck to your DS. I hope the MRI says all is well, or soon will be.

Surly Bill I so wish our fall weather was as warm as yours.

coastwalker congratulations on putting on such a great event! When are you planning to hand out lobster rolls again? 

Tramps sounds like you were a terrific host! Glad you had such a great weekend.

Jlynne I am never ready for these conditions. I am already looking forward to summer. 

fatozzig I realize this is likely a stupid question, but can you return the alarm clock and try another model? I have the opposite problem with my microwave.  Numbers are in some blue light and they are nearly impossible to see in the kitchen light.

deez4boyz I hope you can get that PF fixed up in record time. It is a tough injury to beat.

TammyinGP as my friend says, you do not have to beat everyone just those that show up for the race. Congratulations!

Dave59 you get double points for doing the miles on a TM.

milktruck and stumpy77 the RD may be a nice guy, but I hear he only really cares about the race walkers. 

evanflein nice relive video. LIked the pictures. But one says you actually ran 0. I saw it. Big sign says mile 0.  Are you sure your ran 12?

Mike E come out for the relay! Come out for the relay!! Put it on your calendar. Next September.

spacityrunner no prizes are given for the fastest workout.

Today was just an elliptical day. Tomorrow and the day after are days of misery. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Wednesday afternoon. Yes, I wanted a morning appointment but could not get one that fit with my schedule. These days most people can avoid the whole "prep" thing. Not me.  Last time they found a polyp (benign). Combine that with my recent bout with cancer plus my family history . . . add it all up and you get "prep."

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Tomorrow and the day after are days of misery. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Wednesday afternoon. Yes, I wanted a morning appointment but could not get one that fit with my schedule. These days most people can avoid the whole "prep" thing. Not me. 

Jeesh, Matt, you just can't catch a break.  I had an old school doc for my colonoscopy and ended up with the 48-hour liquid diet (Hell, I tell you!) but at least my appointment was in the morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

I wrote a little poem...it's not real great...but its better than nothing.

Judging from your past poems, I bet it's awesome. 

Erika, love the relive, bummer about the snow....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

ZERO miles today

but...

I was dismissed from jury duty! I was one of the last jurors/alternates cut from the team. I tried to look disappointed when the judge called my name, but I didn't fool anyone. Looking forward to my $15 check.

Rain here Wednesday and Friday, and temps are dropping to a chilly 61, but I'll hit it with renewed vim and vigor now that I know I won't be sitting in a courtroom every day for 1-2 weeks.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

Jay puts on a great race. Since we were in Portsmouth overnight for my DGD’s 5th bday on Sunday we were fortunate to see the front runners go by. A friend was the 60-70 AG winner . He wore the new Nike super shoes.

Congrats Tammy. If I cherry pick my races these daysIcan place even at my very slow pace. And showing up is the most important factor.

Ran 4.2 miles this morning with some hills.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 and change at lunch

8 hilly miles after work

And marathon training is officially ON

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jay - the top five finishers in the Seattle Marathon Walk finished under five hours but none I saw were laying any claim to being race-walkers, . . . but there's no judges out here to know the difference.

windy five miles - what’s a guy supposed to do who should be tapering for the Seattle Marathon in two weeks when, after the three-and-a-half month drought this summer and every weekend in October supposed to be back to PNW normal <<<(rain/rain/rain)>>> and then this weekend’s supposed four day rains that threatened to ruin any running down here for erika but it sounds like she didn't see a drop of rain on any of them, November finally came true today not only strong winds turning the rain sideways but upside down too.  .
                Though not deemed to be of “major, historic proportions,” nevertheless, highly reminiscent of memorable precursors I experienced in (1) 1962 (Columbus Day), (2) Inaugural Day 1993 when, . . . don’t tell Mike, I had to fly from Seattle to Vancouver, BC in gusts up to 93mph, . . . and, being used to Bering Sea storms, was one of the few on board who didn’t get sick), (3) Thanksgiving sinking of one of the floating bridges on Seattle Marathon Day in 1990, etc.
                Tried to see if I can still brave the elements as of old in case the SM turns out same as usual. Unfortunately, though lots of wind up to 48mph on on the mile long crossing of the new floating bridge, the rain had abated and it was just another five mile outing in the wind. <<<(whew)>>>

<section> <section>

</section> </section>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet, it rained on me on Saturday, but not bad. Friday and Sunday's runs were rain-free though. I really lucked out, and told DH we got out of there just in time with the forecasts of the rain and WIND that you're getting now.

Ha, Twocat... I started at mile 5, ran down to zero (the start) and back. On the other side of the road from mile zero was a continuation of the rails, with a sign saying the project was continuing but not done yet.

4.1 miles on the treadmill tonight while DH ran the snowblower around. I'll do the stairs and clean up work later this week.