Masters Running

Tuesday Aug 8 (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

marj/henry - glad you were in Reykjavik long enough to learn how to spell it.

Good luck in Ireland too.

What’s a guy supposed to do when Seattle breaks a 66-year old record with today’s 52nd day sine measurable rain? Why, of course, be grateful not to have to worry about asthma or worse and celebrate with a leisurely five mile mute in spite of the ongoing ”unhealthy” air quality designations and warnings to avoid outdoor activities due to heavy smoke and palpable haze from British Columbia forest fires. Fortunately, being too slow to get out-of-breath probably helps.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Temps here are in the mid-70's... summer-like! BTY, I have some runs like that, mostly because my outbound trail is slightly uphill, so I get a nice downhill run back!

KSA, she's gorgeous! I assume, she, yes? I love green-eyed kitties. And yeah, I blame mine for my late risings sometimes.

Love the Iceland pictures, you sneaky world travelers! Enjoy!

Nancy, sorry about the smoke (you, too, Tetsujin), and I know all too well how that goes. This is actually our 2nd or 3rd year with almost no smoke problems, just a little barely bothersome episodes when the smoke from fires northeast of us (NE Alaska and upper Yukon Territory) drifted our way. But nothing nearby, which is nice.

I sure don't miss the back-to-school crazy times. Even now, working at the university, I don't deal with students so I still don't experience it. Just returning and new faculty...

So sorry about your BIL, Mike. But I can certainly understand why he's made that choice. Sometimes enough is enough, I guess.

5.6 too-fast miles at lunchtime. Couldn't figure out why my legs were feeling so tired and then saw my pace on mile 3 (which was .7 mile uphill and into the wind, only .3 mile back) of 8:07. Geez, what's the hurry?

Hawi (named after the turnaround point on the Kona Ironman bike course) is a he.  We have 3 male Ragdolls (including my son's which is living with us) and 1 female Tortie.  My daughter/son in law have 2 Ragdolls.   It's a great breed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RunnerKSA I so miss having cats! Alas, my DW will not let us get any since our prior pair died.

tetsujin209 and Mariposai the smoke sounds awful. I hope you can find a way to get yourselves out of the area.

Another day that I cannot really eat. Any chewing is quite painful. Fortunately, I have a followup appointment on Thursday. It cannot come too soon. I am pretty miserable. That did not stop me from going out for a 10 mile run today. Best 90 plus minutes of my day. While running I stopped thinking about the pain my tongue is in. Running is a great cure for some many ailments!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

With the cost of everything here, you may be happy you're not in our suitcases.  We spent yesterday walking behind a waterfalls and seeing a black sand beach, mountains, glaciers, puffins - all very near each other.  Pictures don't do justice (specially with an iPhone).  weather is unfortunately 40's, cloudy, with intermittent rain.  today onto a new area - drinking coffee in our room and hanging out by the door in order to get internet access!

happy wednesday everyone!

marj