Masters Running

Just Another Manic Monday 10/17 (Read 34 times)

Good morning good people! Just a quick post to get the daily started, then off to work. You'll have to wait for Jay's excellent recap

4 miles this morning. It was 65° windy and humid. I had on shorts and a short-sleeved top. Pretty nice for the middle of October around here!

My grandson Will turned 7 over the weekend, so I went to his roller skating birthday party. Haven't been on those for a while and I made friends with some new muscles!

High 5's to all of you who are taking AG awards these days, and running 50k's. Y'all are my role models.

Is anyone besides me glad that this nasty presidential election will be over in a few weeks?

Have a great Monday everyone!

coastwalker

Mornin' Jlynne and everyone.

Nice run in shorts, Jlynne! Yes, I'll be glad when the presidential election is over. But I'm also concerned about what happens after that, regardless of who wins. If the 2 parties don't figure out how to work together, the nastiness will just continue ad nauseam.

Good job of persevering on your run, Hally. I hope the wedding was fun.

Nice mild-weather 10-miler, Holly. What will you do with DD moves out??

Good for you (don't tell Twocat) for getting out in the rain for 8, Econo!

I'm glad you took advantage of the gorgeous weather and did 4, Stumpy.

You don't see many Oct sunburns in CT, Twocat. Tell your DW to be careful out there.

You don't need an excuse for any run you do, Marposai! 5.5 is plenty good enuf.

Evanflein, 20F with high winds does not sound like fun. Congrats on the AG hat - true statement that it'll keep your ears much warmer than a medal.

DW and I went out to shoot some foliage (or foilage, as some people call it) yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful day, and we got some colorful shots. This is one of them:

Today was an SRD, so I got some reading and easy stretching done early this morning. The fool moon was still sitting high in the sky on my way to the office this morning, and the sun was not yet up above the trees, so the fall colors were there but muted and it was a gorgeous view with which to start the day.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad you fixed that, Jay--I was conflicted as to which one to post in.  Still wouldn't have run in either.

Just dropping to wish everyone a happy Monday.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Yes, Jlynne, and agreed, Jay.

No run for me today.  Have good Mondays: only a half hour left to Monday morning here.

Congrats, twocat--good wresting that award from the official!

grins,

A

ps: yesterday was Bosses Day.  We missed it as no one read their Sunday calendar, but pulled it out earlier this morning.  Just mentioning it in case you are in the same situation.   I really do like my boss.  

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Head Procrastinator

Sunday is a silly day to have Bosses day, just saying.

Holly, thanks for being happy to see me Smile

Jay, that tree is beeyootiful. The wedding was lovely, I am so happy for my friends. They have been together for 9 years anyway so this is just a formality. The bride was beautiful and the groom was handsome and the grandchildren were adorable flower girls and ringbearer.

Nothing for me today, maybe that crappy run was my body saying take a day off!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

New skirt in town

No run today for me, because I ran the Baystate Marathon yesterday.  I ran a disappointing 4:12...nothing hurt, nothing was "wrong", I just felt decidedly "sproinkless". In fact, I felt lethargic during my whole taper, which was odd.  No pep returned to my legs during those lighter tapering weeks!  I finished my race yesterday feeling just fine, and I feel great today (a bit tuckered but nothing is really sore).  I wonder if I need to change up my training plan.  I max out with a series of ~55 mile weeks, with intervening ~45 mile weeks, and I got in a total of 4 20+ mile runs...but my legs just felt leaden on race day!  I'm rethinking my training for next year's Boston: maybe fewer miles, but more speed work? So much to ponder!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Marathon Maniac #957

Is anyone besides me glad that this nasty presidential election will be over in a few weeks?

Yup, but also what Jay said.  I mailed my absentee ballot this morning, so my role is done.  DH and I didn't vote for the same candidate this time.  Since I cannot stand either of the main candidates, I voted for an independent.  DH says I wasted my vote, but I say I am making a statement.

Robin - nice racing!  Even though you aren't thrilled with it, I think it is great!

3 miles for me this morning, plus some core work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

hi guys//.........still stuck in knoxville, dd2 has a severe bone bruising and doc said 14-weeks to heal up

managed to catch a cold for the last 2-weeks,

and got dd2 and claire to work and school,

followed by NO WORK-OUTS.............meh

like I told dd2 ''it's exhausting to be you''

===============

cold geared up from short visit home, so trying to Sweat Out the Cold

30-min HH eith 1-lb habd weights

............good running to ya

,,,,,,,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,dd2 is going to buy me some ''Hokas'' as a thank you...............ohboyohboy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Was in NH as well yesterday - lots of beautiful foliage and many political signs - I bet NH will be happy once election day is over.

Ran 10 miles at an easy pace this morning - lovely day for LSD

Robin - congrats on your "disappointing" time - seriously ... well done!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Holly S. technically, we all waste our vote. None of us are ever pivotal to a government election. Maybe a very local one, but that would be it and then only very, very rarely. I can guarantee that if you switched your vote for president the election outcome would remain unchanged. Be happy with your vote.

An 8 mile run for me this morning. Nice weather here. It is actually getting into the 70's! Alas, reality hits again late this week. In the meantime I am just going to be happy about it!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Robin, congrats on #16! 4:12 is a strong marathon! I hear you about changing marathon plans. I am thinking to do the same.

4 miles plus arms and core workout this afternoon after work.

I am home alone last week and this week. I am really enjoying the me time.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sounds like a sproikless category PR to me, robin.

doin' the best you can on any given day is what it is all about.

Is anyone besides me glad that this nasty presidential election will be over in a few weeks? .

That's what I thought until I thought about it and realized the media here in the big cities will just start highlighting all the murders, drugs, homeless/jobless, etc. again but then I realized that no matter who becomes president will continue to provide plenty of front page fodder probably for the next four years.

nice jay. we are getting one or two too to relish here-and-there here before winter but nothing like this

Tom - nothing wrong with 14 weeks in DD-land.

any GK's there?

twocat - until this year, I've never considered my vote wasted

and have even voted in some elections over there years

where it almost wasn't.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tetsujin209 as the saying goes close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and slow dancing. You either are or are not pivotal. In an election a candidate wins or loses. The gap in votes is irrelevant.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

New skirt in town

sounds like a sproikless category PR to me, robin.

doin' the best you can on any given day is what it is all about.

That sums it up perfectly, thank you! I spent the last 10 miles of my race marveling at how sproinkless my legs were, enjoying the beautiful day, and pondering what I might do differently for next April.  It was all good!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA