Masters Running

Thursday 10/10/2013 Dailies (Read 43 times)

Henrun

In spite of all the talk of 50 at 50 (I'm in awe of those of you who are), I'm not doing 70 at 70 in a couple of months.

In 6 months I'll consider myself fortunate if I can do 8.0Cool.

Doing better. Did a 2.5 mile loop- much faster than my recent loops on the same course. Was preceded by a short bike ride to a class.

Got tickets for Jungle Book tonight and then off to Brooklyn in the the early a.m. for a family event. Hope to run the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan early Saturday prior to family stuff.

enkephalin reall!  Another ultra signer upper!  Well congratulations to C-R good luck in your race.  Also, a big congratulations and best wishes to tselbs who plans to do a 70 mile race!  Heck, I did not even know there were any 70 mile races!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

............................good running guys............

Enjoy the Work-Out, if you aren't,  Change Something.....

+1!

I was NOT a wimpy, wambly, wombly weather wimp today!  Just as I headed out with the dogs, it started precipitating, in the form of little ice balls.  It was 40F.  I decided to go ahead and run, and I figured if it turned to rain I'd come home and if it turned to snow, I'd keep going.   Well, it turned to snow, so we ran 4 miles - there was about an inch on the ground when we got  home!   And the temperature had dropped to 32F.  Of course, it stopped snowing about 5 minutes after we came inside....    Anyhow, I felt like a badass while I was out there!  Smile

It looks like lots of folks are thinking about joining Karin's 50th birthday party at the  VT50!  How exciting!  I think the relay option sounds great for folks that don't want to do 50k or 50 miles. I'd like to do all 3!  But guess I'll have to pick one.   I checked back in my log to see what I did on my 50th birthday, and I was hoping it wasn't too wimpy!  Turns out I was camping in Alaska on an island, and we went for a hike.  So no run, but that was a pretty cool birthday.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

It looks like lots of folks are thinking about joining Karin's 50th birthday party at the  VT50!  How exciting! 

Indeed!  However, I don't want to leave Enke out....it's just that January doesn't have so many fun options.....However, I calculate that you will still be 50 in September, so, joining the 50th birthday party and making it a Karin/Enke event is doable.  As a matter of fact, I turn 50 6 months later.......

Nope, still not interested in the 50-miler....DH gives me enough grief about my time spent running as it is....

5.6 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

What a fun day of running I had this afternoon. I met Speedy Stacey at the track. The plan was 5x800m. The first 2x800m in 4:04 each. The last three in 3:50 each and I felt like I could have done one more, but did not Big grin.

Now time to go and enjoy some enchiladas.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Look at that Holly S. has added her name to the do 50 when you turn 50 club!  Wow, glad I am past being able to do that but I am sure impressed by the collection of troopers here planning to do so!  Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Anyhow, I felt like a badass while I was out there!  Smile

I laughed.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Wait what? Thankfully I have a few years so you guys can forget that 50/50 thing.

Ice balls wild? Yikes.

Nice work posai. My son and I ran track workout tonight too. 8x400s in 1:30 and 4x200 blasts with 200 recovery with 1 mile wu and cd. We both hurt in a good way. Best part - his XC and track coach came out cheered him on during the last round.

TIme to call it a night.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

huh, what gives? you'd rather run on the slippery snow instead in regular rain?

I guess I"ve been in the rain belt too long to like running in snow anymore, if I ever actually did, which I didn't beause I was a skier who only ran when there was no snow to do on what snow is made for doing on..

Holly, that's too bad you'll have to tell DH when you get back that you made a mistake and got into the 50-mile by mistake.

However, there's no way 2-cat could do a 50K let alone 50-miles so find the shortest leg in the relay you can for him,  . . that is, unless mariposai goes out there to pace him or he comes out here to the PNW for a local 100-miler in May that has such a generous cutoff time that he could do it twice if not upside down too to say nothing of getting  paced by a fleet of friendly goddesses, mariposai, francesca, dove, and probably enke too by then..  Hmmm, I never thought of it myself but you don't think that that has anything to do with the ancient one's recent interest in trail running? <<<(liz/CNY/holly/leslie/wildchild/dove/francesca/mariposai/arf

\

ps tom - he's now 80yo but when he was 70, a local nemesis ran 280 times around a quarter-mile track or someting.  At the time, I didn't give it a second thought for me as it was impossible but as my own time approached (last May), I entered a 100 miler for the incentive/motivication to at least claim 70 miles.  It was too slow to count but going on past the cutoff to my own 100 miles was so exhilerating that I'm going to try it again for real in May 2014.  You are way faster than even my best recent 5K (30:15 running hard and sweaty trying to catch up to enke).  There's not many challenges for our chronology that we undertake without having any idea if we can do them or not anymore. However, running 70 miles is one or them so don't write it off just yet.  Besides, you have all year to celebrate. Albeit not much in running miles, I'm getting as much mileage as possible out of becoming the big seven-oh.this year too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Tag, did this ever happen to you?

http://assets.amuniversal.com/9bdefa800b3b01312453001dd8b71c47

(from today's Speed Bump)

When Tag's left at home, I get an inspection when I return. It's very thorough if I've pet another dog.

SteveP