Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.19.13 (Read 41 times)

Love this!

This was on FB, and Stumpy thought we should post it  here for tselbs:

3 days of "running my life" = 13 miles!

Hi Henry!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mariposai

Henry, for selfish reasons we want you to post as often as you can. You always cheers with your posts. I know it must be hard for you, but please hang out with us as often as you can.

I started the day with a good 5 miler, then work, then a Thanksgiving lunch at a local non-profit organization who offers a dinner for all their partners and clients. I must admit the food was great. The only problem is that after eating so much I had a hard time staying awake all afternoon. Ohhh, at the party I talked with the local high school band director...I got his agreement to have the school band to cheer on the runners during the Omak Orchards in Bloom half marathon race I am putting together for April 2014. An artist also volunteered to create the t-shirt design for us...all volunteer work, isn't it amazing? Small community, big heart!

Nite guys!

Ohhh, only 3 more days before our son Daniel comes home for the week...he send me a text today saying that he is  already plotting some "mama-son, and papa-son outings".

You know what? I am so grateful for my RAfamily. You guys enrich my life in so many ways!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

You know what? I am so grateful for my RAfamily. You guys enrich my life in so many ways!

so are we, even if we're not running that much,, if any.

if TomS is a b/a runner what is TomW?

Most of the rest of us must be off the scale.

mari - you get more done at an evening party than most of us do at work all day long.

Is everybody agreeing that April would be  good month for a half mari?

no particular reason but is there any wine-tasting in your part of Washington state?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I'm continuing to slack, not because I want to. Back on the DL. Ran a bit once my back recovered. Now my R knee is a major problem. Had excruciating pain last week after a 2 mile run. Heat helped. Now able to walk but will hold off until I see my primary tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm dealing with more arthritis. Hope to go back to pool running (hi TW).

The irony is that my DD (age 48) is facing a knee replacement in a couple of months (genetic??).  Maybe my running gave me another 30 years.

I'm reduced to lurking for now-will do so daily.

Mom had both knees replaced after racing the Sprint Worlds in Auckland last fall.  She said she had 5.000 km left in her knees for the race, and when the transition zone (through which she had to run twice) turned out to be 650m long, she ran out of knee mid-run.  Anyway, she got them both done in February and just cycled 100km with me last weekend.  She'll be starting to walk/jog in the next few weeks.

Simply amazing.

Me, I'm slacking with precisely no good reason except life is a bit much right now.

Marathon Maniac #957

MS - your mom is awesome!  So are you...(:

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."