Masters Running

Wednesday Feb 6 runs (Read 559 times)

Centaur head? S _ _ _ C
    Ummm, Soft C? Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

mrrun

probably a prefix, but i can't think of one. i'm not up on dinosaurs - would one fit?
      jtv

I thought I would poke my head back in here. It has been probably several months since I posted on the daily. 7 miles in 57:32, with a 3 mile tempo in the middle: 7:25 7:32 6:58 Can you tell which were into the wind, and which weren't! First speedwork of any kind since Nov. About 50F with a 15 mph wind out of the south. It's strange wearing shorts at 6:00am in the middle of winter. Enjoy your run/workout everyone.
          Easy run for T and I this morning...8@8:28 pace...just trying to burn last night's dinner off...
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          bap

Ribs, British pork cuts American pork cuts As Britain has adopted many American recipes they understand what a spareribs is. Its a radical feminist magazine that closed down in the 1990s Big grin I have a very bad chest infection. I DNF'ed a 4 miler on Sunday and found out why. I could barely walk 3 blocks to my allergist on Tuesday and had to have 3 hours of emergency treatment. Today's breakfast look like this:

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

SteveP

. It's Ash Wednesday today. When I asked DS what he was giving up for Lent, he said watermellon. (?????) Good runs, all. Jeanne
              HAHAHAHAHA.... Gotta love the kids.
              Okay, here's a layup for you. I'll even give you a head start with a couple of letters: Centaur head? S _ _ _ C Spareribs
              I'd like to buy a vowel.
              Can I buy a 4???? Went to AM Church services and did some knee bends. Otherwise it's a rest day. Nothing more ambitious than coffee cups curls and gazing into the mirror and blowing kisses to my reflection......Don't judge....somebody has got to do it.

SteveP

evanflein

{{{BAP}}} and {{{dear Munch}}} and ok, while I'm at it {{{Rochrunner}}} All you guys need healing vibes!! No time to post last night but had a pretty good run. Need to work on getting some speed back in these legs. Too much long run stuff makes me pokey. So... after a one mile warm up, I cranked out 3 x 1 mile @ 7:30 with .5 mile @ 8:34 recovery after each, cool down for half mile at 8:49 for a total of 6 miles in about 49 minutes. That first mile at 10k pace was really hard, but interestingly the second was not so bad and the third was ok too. Was tempted to try another, but gotta ease into this stuff! 8 EZ miles on tap for tonight, but I might throw a couple in at MP near the end just for fun. Colder still this morning... -48 downtown, -34 on the way in to work. I think this is the worst day of the week and it should be slowly warming up in the next couple of days. We could see -10 by Saturday... Woohoo! That spells outdoor run for me! Tongue First Dark Horse, now Spareribs... the UK will never be the same. Holly, that's cute... but I doubt there are many.
                  Spareribs starting the daily? What a nice surprise! BTY and bap -- you both crack me up. Feel better soon, bap. (Yikes. That's a lot of meds). Easy run and rowing planned for later today. Another windy, rainy, icky day in store. Time trial last night went fairy well -- didn't improve from my time 3 months ago (13:45) but I attribute that mostly to running on an unlit, rutted dirt track (everyone's times were slower than usual) and being tired. We'll see what shakes out in the 5k this weekend. Everyone's healthy in my house except for Guinea Pig Steve, who came home from the vet on Monday because things were looking up but is now back today. Sad I give huge kudos to the clinic who have made it a mission (not even charging for much of it) to get this little guy healthy for both pig and DD. I think it's going to turn a corner one way or another in the next few days. hey -- where is Dark Horse?

Marathon Maniac #957

Centaur head? S _ _ _ C Spareribs
                    Stoic?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bap

Its 66 degrees in New York City and I'm stuck inside!!! Cry Back down to the 40s tomorrow.

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

evanflein

Hey, BAP, I'm stuck inside too. And will be for some time....
                          Sorry Holly. I already provided the correct answer (I think). Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

Yikes BAP.....thems a lot of meds there......................Did you bring enough for the rest of the class????

SteveP

BTY

Ribs,
                              And now for something completely different. Day 3 of 10k training programme. 3 miles in 30:30. This 10:00/m + pace thing is getting to be a habit. (Insert nun joke here). 31F, rainy and windy. Not quite IRC, even for Albania.
                                Wow, that magazine is over the top. I'm embarrassed for my gender. 6 miles on the TM, 30 min on the bike. Everything pretty good, calf loosening up, shin still weak and a bit scrofulous looking. Sorry, I just had to use that word after finding it last night in my 7 yr old son's book! The book was a bit too hard for him, but still, it was a children's fiction book! Tomorrow rest day, so hopefully on Friday I'll be able to go up to 8 miles. The cross-training is starting to pay off as I bounded up the stairs this morning with my new quads of steel. Did I almost detect some whining about those warm temps over there? Good, I hope not. Well wishes to all that are healing.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."