Masters Running

1st of July - Daily (Read 612 times)

...tet//.........that picture is a GOOD Advertisement for Vegeterianism.......

or possibly Cannabalism..

if they

were in Cans.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Glad I'm not the only one that likes to poke the ferret occasionally

CNY, we REALLY need that yearbook picture of Mr. Kevin.  Now he's calling me a ferret. 

5 miles in the heat, yay...little slower than yesterday, but still sub 9s.  Then off to a debrief and now I have to catch up so can't post much.

Nice b-day doings, Holly!

Hope to hear more about WS, Leslie.  SOunds incredible.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      Henrun

Did my annual Canada Day run in Canadian flag shorts-3.1 miles in cool weather. Nobody noticed. Last year did 9 and got a few comments-guess I have to do longer runs on July 1. In the afternoon I cycled 5 miles to the Charles River, read, but it was windy , so I headed home for another 5 and stopped for coffee and more reading at Starbucks. Marj took off tomorrow and we're probably taking our road bikes up to Manchester by the Sea for a longish ride.

I look my best blurry!

...you guys are off to a good start this morning........

hips were a little stiff this monring

(characteristic of arthrits)

but

found a GREAT 39-page booklet

''The Arthritic Athlete''

only addresses hips and knees, but VERY useful ''loosening up'' exercises.

gonna

poolrun tonite,

and here's a link to Galloway

on how to do it.

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/resources/newsletter.html#cross610

I have been using a normal leg lift,

but

since he was right on the 4/1

will try the scissors move tonite with my legs.

we'll see.

.....................good running guys............

I'm a broken record about this but I am an avid deep water runner.  It will make you fast- I swear!  I also recommend trying going without the belt once you get into a good rhythm.  You can also vary the intensity-farlek a bit.  Make so bubbles while your at it!  Lol!  OK that was immature.

Happy belated birthday Slo!  

In a bit of a rush all week.  I am headed out on vacation to the Outer Banks and to visit family and friends for  2 weeks.  I hope we have WiFi in our beach house.  My legs are looking forward to the cushiony sand running.  

Just shy of 8 kind of speedy miles for me today.  Lovin' the cooler weather.  

Maniac 505

100 miles in 15 hours  over the western states elevation gain and loss, and what must often be technical trails is amazing.  Leslie,  I am eager to see the report

I have to admit, the tiny Oysters in Newport were tasty,  If I didn't have a race to run, I might have eaten a dozen or so, but my favorite way to eat them is grilled on the BBQ until they steam themselves open,  but I will let Tet have the Uni (Sea Urchin overies)  Sushi to his self.

10 miles for me,  4 miles were at 1/2 marathon pace.  now I am off to work

Dave

Tom,

I had a similar day with my father the year before he died. I decided to suprise him and take him back to the farm that he was raised on. It no longer belongs to the family but we went anyway. As we drove by I slowed down and almost stopped but he did not recognize the old barn or house. Old  age I thought. As we turned the corner he got all excited and said "stop thats my grandmas house do you think she is home"  Thats when I knew something was wrong, then we all just smiled and enjoyed his moment, it passed quickly but I think it meant the world to him.That Christmas I gave him a scrapbook of the old farm and surrounding area. He spent hours looking at those pictures, not always recognizing where it was but he always had a smile while gazing at them. Best gift I ever gave and the best gift I ever got.

3.5  miles 33 minutes

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #3309

This made my day................as I am helping many that are takin' up running (seems to be all Wimmin)

Kelly said...................

Group run...4 miles listed on the training log. As we reach the turn around mark the 5 experienced runners say "how do you feel Kel?" I said "Great!" So we added a mile!! I ran 5 miles!! I am a proud runner tonight

I kept telling Kelly that she is a runner - she kept saying jogger and felt ashamed. I told her distance and speed does not mean anything................and that she is a "runner" (that really made her day....mine too)

Tim

PS: I will eat ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the Oysters people don't want (yummy)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Mile race done, not as well as I was hoping. Eeeked a 2 second PR out of the deal with 6:36.4

This race is done on a high school track, they start you with a gun and it's not chip timed. I'd warmed up before hand but then we had to sit around and wait for awhile... They ran the slower women (mile over 8 m/m) first, then the slower guys, then the kids 14 and under and then finally the faster women. I think I lost a couple seconds from having to sit around and wait and it was hot (ok, for me 77 and it felt humid (again, for us but we're wimps for the H/H). But... no excuses. I just need to concentrate on the shorter distance and speed work if I want to do better at this distance. I don't have the patience for that, or feel I have the time (I'd rather just "go run"), so there you go. That's the third race of our local series so far. My nemesis Jane has won 2 (she was 15 seconds ahead of me tonight), and I've won 1. Oh well, I fully expect her to take the series AG award this year. But there's a race or two I might be able to best her at still to come.