Masters Running

"So where's the snow?" Friday, 2.8.13 (Read 43 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Have fun in the snow, folks!  No sense complaining about it, so might as well enjoy it!

OM, Nice run!  You're gonna rock the CO marathon!  Hope you'll come visit when you're here - or come acclimate before the race!  You're fortunate that you can switch your long run to a Friday when the weekend weather looks carpy - most of us working folks can't do that.  It's supposed to snow here tomorrow and I have a 24 miler on tap...   Joking   But no way I could fit that in at lunchtime...

Jlynne, I hope your hamstring heals up okay and I also hope you get the okay for some swimming or elipticalling or something -- doing nothing would be tough!   Hey, when is that new grandbaby due?

Posie, I hope you feel better soon.  And sad about your friend.  Life is short.

Tramps, I hope your tweaked knee feels better soon.  Take care.

Divechief, hope your pre-retirement and retirement work out well for you!  I'm hoping to retire (or at least just work part time) when DD graduates from college next year.

Tammy, good luck to David at the hoop shoot contest!

Off for a lunchtime run in the state park.  Gorgeous here today, 50° and sunny!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

When I was a kid, I hated pot pies. Then, in 6th grade, I had English class right before lunch. We were reading a story, one day, about a baker who was baking ”meat pies”. This made me really hungry and those ”meat pies” sounded so good...I wanted one so bad...then it occurred to me...that a pot pie WAS a meat pie. I've loved them ever since. Man, am I hungry.

Marathon Maniac #957

I love pot pie!  But I am the only one in my family, so I never make it.  Ribs, do you have any leftovers?

Divechief - thanks, I really am interested in hearing about different plans for retirement.

OM - I still think that was an awesome LR.

4 miles for me this morning (and a couple planks).  I meant to do more, but helping DD with homework took too long, so it is what it is.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We were supposed to travel from boston to rochester to visit DW's family.  Descretion being the better part of valor, we postponed tthe trip for a while.  I still took the day off since the govenor asked everyone to be off the road by 4pm.  So out for 11.2 miles this morning before showering and going to a funeral for a friend's mother.  DW did something to her knee as we werre going in, so she limped in and by the time we got out, our doctors office was closed for the storm.  So we spent a couple of hours at the ER to find out that she has a soft tissue injury.  I'll be doing a little waiting on for the next couple of days.

Made most of the run without much snow.  longest run in a long time.  I got a FB message from a friend that said "I saw you running this morning.  Not sure if you werre having fun".  I replied "Fun is relative.  much better than a blizzard run".

Actually Boston and southern NE doesn't get a huge amount of snow--about 40" on average.  having grown up in Rochester, NY with an average of over 100", DW and I are amused by the usual major storm uproar.

BTW, just realized I made a scheduling mistake by doing a 10K in Richomond the same weekend as Boston. Sad

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sorry folks,It looks like the crud still lives inside me....running just 3 or 4 miles a day

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sorry folks,It looks like the crud still lives inside me....running just 3 or 4 miles a day

even though I got a shot at the doctors office in Novemer for flu (and everything else), I'm just getting over my second bout with the flu this year.. Maybe I should have tried running to get rid of it too. oh well. good luck gordon.  It sure seems worse this year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Sorry to hear the crud won't let go... Mariposai, Gordon, Tet, who else? Seems pervasive this year, flu or not. Get better soon, you guys.

I hope everyone on the East Coast is hanging in there. Sounded like a good day to stay home and snuggle under a comforter!

I've actually run 7 days in a row! That's quite a lot for me at this stage in my running life. True, most of the runs are pretty short, with a couple of 8 milers (one on hills, one intervals on the TM) and a 10 mile "long run," but I'm really trying to get more consistent. The worst thing about a continued "slump" is you get out of the habit of running. That's how I felt. Instead of just assuming or "knowing" I'd get my run in, I started to wonder how I'd get a run fit into my day. It became a matter of "if" and not "when." That really bothered me. DH has been very supportive and agrees I should head to the garage for a run even if that means we don't get to hang out together right away after work, or on the weekend. So... hopefully I'm getting my groove back, and can work on getting my endurance back soon.

In that vein... 4.1 miles mostly easy tonight after work. Got some snow today and it's supposed to be pretty mild this weekend (but probably unplowed). I want to get outside to run tomorrow and Sunday, and would like to get my "long run" up to 12 miles maybe...