Masters Running

Back from Injury - Tallrunner (Read 275 times)

Well after two months of rehab - tendonitis in my right hamstring I did my first run back outside. I have run on the treadmill the last week to ensure I was going to be okay before I hit the snowy Ottawa streets. An hour and fifteen minutes all EZ, the last 30 minutes felt like the last 6 miles of a marathon...long way back. I missed you guys. Should be back posting most days. Best Tall For those of you that are interested here is an article that was written in the Ottawa Citizen about my running today. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sports/Learning+apply+brakes/1240899/story.html Hope everyone is very healthy.

Recent Best times: None recently

spacityrunner

Nice to see you again Tall. Great article!! Welcome back

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, welcome back, Tall! We've missed you. That was a good article. Take it easy on your comeback to running and enjoy the gift!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tall - bizarrely enough, I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering what had become of you. I even considered sending you an e-mail to inquire about you (I still have you in my address book from a question you answered for me sometime back), but didn't want to be intrusive. I'm glad to see you back! Great article, too.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Yeah, I'd been wondering what happened to you... Welcome back fellow frosty runner! Good article, and something we can all learn from. Hope you and your girls are doing well and I look forward to hearing more from you. (Heh, gotta give you a poke in the ribs about the treadmill though... you teased me about going over to "the dark side" when I got mine!!)

King of PhotoShop

Easy does it now Frank. You know how you are! But sure glad to see you here again. Best wishes. Spareribs
                Good to hear your voice again, Tall. Nice article BTW
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Nice article Tall. And glad you are on the mend. Still going after the ultra this summer?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

nice article Tall!! glad you're back to running!!

denise

Very nice article. And welcome back!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Great article Tall! It's good to see you back and over your injury. Meg

Once a runner . . .

Tall, it's great to hear from you and know you are healing. That was a nice newspaper article. TomS
                          Tramps

I had assumed you were hibernating until the Spring thaw. Wink Glad to hear that you are well on the road to recovery and that we'll be hearing from you regularly. Welcome back! ETA: Nice article. Print it and tape it to the wall to remind yourself!

Be safe. Be kind.

Great atricle tall one. Geez, a speedster and a captain of industry as well.... Glad to hear you are back into running. I know how great those first few runs can feel.... Enjoy them but don't get reinjured.... Ray
                                See, you go away and when you come back there are more folks to greet you Smile Glad to hear you are on the mend! Wow, those are some fast times for 2008! rs
                                Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)