Masters Running

Saturday July 3rd Runs to kickoff the holiday weekend (Read 372 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Byll.. thanks for the Pre tip (I hope they broadast it here too)  I did just watch the TDF TT. That was kewl.

Go almost Boomer Lance!

Nice racing Karin! 4 on 4th on the 3rd Smile

After yesterdays 6.6 mile run, the legs felt fine so I upped it today with longer and hillier (rolling with a 250 ft hill).

8.54 miles in 1:20:05 (9:22, AHR 151)

The goal was to go out at 10 min pace and back at 9.

Actual 9:55 out and 8:49 back. Best of all, nothing hurt. No sciatica, no PITA Smile

The IRC low humidity 55° really helped too.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

evan, way to go on your mile PR.  hallar, your comments about your dad were touching.  tomwhite, healing vibes.  lynden, wishing you good luck as you start over  hopeful, I hope all is well with your daughter.  Tall, it's good to hear from you and that you are getting some running in.  nono, it's great you've gotten a couple of runs that went well.  CNY, congrats on your 4 mile race with 2nd woman OA, 1st in AG, and PR.  fussy,happy anniversary.  Ilene, it's neat you saw huskydon at your race but could you share a few details?

Nice long runs for dive, sarge, holly (on TM while supervising sleep over), and breger.

This morning, it was about 60° and there was a light wind.  I got in 8 miles in a bit over 1:20 for a 10:01 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

As a tribute to Murphy, I raced a tenK this morning with each mile just a few seconds slower than the one before it!  So anyone can do this.  Won my AG but it was not one of my best races.  Happy I did it though.  Spareribs
        Dave59

I'll come back and read later...  Ran a 20k this morning and was doing ok until I started feeling sick around 8-9 miles.  Should've quit but I'm not too bright.  Finished in a pw time and had trouble standing up straight at the end.  Ended up laying in the medical tent for 30-40 minutes until I felt good enough to get back to my car and come home.  I have no idea what happened, and the EMT's were pretty busy with people worse off than me so I didn't get a lot of feedback.  They talked to me when I stumbled in, and a doctor stopped by for a minute.  I must have answered everything right, so they weren't too concerned.

Saw a couple of Tom's (tselbs) friends but didn't get a chance to say anything to them.

Marathon Maniac #957

4 mile race in 26:36--2nd woman overall and 1st in the 40-49 age group. PR too...with a kick---

Karin - you continue to inspire me!  Way to go!

No supermom here, folks, really....last night I spent a lot of time saying, "no, you cannot do that in the house... not near the computer!....watch out for the lamp!...you girls need to quiet down, now....don't you want to settle down and watch a movie?  are you sure?...you want to do that NOW?.....it's bedtime.....no, really it is.... okay just a little bit longer....I mean it now.....time to go to bed....please go to sleep!..."  

Fussyrunner - I'm actually longing for a day like yours......Monday, hopefully, will be devoted to puttering around the house and yard....

ETA - Dave!!  Scary!  Glad you're okay now, though.

Spareribs - you've been missed around here - nice to see you popping in.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Yikes, Dave... maybe just some dehydration? How warm was it? Hope you continue to feel better and have no lasting effects from it. But hey, you finished...! (runners.... )

Holly, you sound like me when the boys have sleep overs. But I'm sure I'm louder. Congratulations on surviving another one.

Way to go Karin! Very impressive race for you. Have fun canoeing, geez it's been years since we did that.

Watching the Spain/Paraguay game. Incredible that it's still a scoreless game! But it seems we're headed for a penalty kick. Wow... that was incredible. I can imagine Nancy is gripping the edge of her seat!

I'm having a day like Mariposai in a way. Spent most of the morning cleaning stuff and taking care of little stuff that gets missed all week. I'll try to get a run in later, but nothing too intense. I did sign up for the 5k tomorrow, so will save my legs for that. (that means no weeding till tomorrow)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sorry--Mari, but Spain just scored and Parguay just got saved on TWO close in shots.    Only minutes to go.  My anscestoral homeland beat Brazil so I know who I'll be rooting for the rest of the way.

An hour of pump class today.  I'm managing to up the wieghts and getting more reps in, but still quivering at the end.  My foot feels better today, so hope it will let me get out tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

huskydon

I raced a 10K (~50 minutes) and got to see lleneforward.  We both had to hang around afterwards, if you get my drift......

YAY!  Baseball talk on the daily.  I'm listening to big JL and gimpy boys and we're ahead. 

Congrats Erika on the PR, and CNY and Ribs--and yes, Ilene, more info??  Dave, glad you are ok, but that was sounds scary.  Be sure to check in tomorrow and tell us you really are ok, yes?

Hang in there, perch.

Happy singling, BQll.

O Holly, you are too Supermom, just accept it.  I bet the princesses all tell DD how lucky she is to have such a cool mom.

17 very non-sproinky miles for me in just under 2:45.  It wasn't hot, I think my legs were just tired and it has been such a beautiful day, my id kept saying "let's just walk, we could smell the flowers, watch the dogs in the creek, and listen to the birds!"  O well, it's in the log and I'm good for the rest of weekend!

Anyone else hear the story about the town in Kansas that got totalled by the tornado and came back to reinvent itself as a green town?  Really interesting.

Happy 4th.  Glad I got to hear the reading of the Declaration on NPR [my favorite is Nina talking about justice--it's just so right.]  Why did they do it so early this year?

Which reminds me, anyone else LOL hearing E. Kagan saying that like most Jews, she was probably in a Chinese Restaurant on Christmas? 

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Some great racing from this group!  Way to go, peeps!  Karin - You keep PR-ing and winning your AG, you're gonna run outta room for all those awards.

Holly - I distinctly remember a sleep over where a bunch of us took some training bras, soaked 'em, then froze them in bowls.  Heh, heh, heh.  . . . . come to think of it, I think I was a victim of that once, as well.

9.5 beach miles today.  We were suppose to run out at Headwaters, but the trail was closed for work.  I don't like running on the beach.  It's fairly boring, except for the the fact that we kept stopping to collect shells.  Found 4 completely intact sand dollars!

The Hub and his buds are getting ribs and tri-tips ready for smoking tomorrow.  I'm just staying out of the way.  I'll show up long enough to eat then get the heck outta dodge again and home before the drunken masses leave Old Town after the fireworks.

After I got home from our run today, I basically passed out on the couch for about 2 hrs.  I couldn't believe it.  Guess last weekend finally caught up with me.  It the kind of sleep where you're half awake at times, but it just impossible to open your eyes, so you may as well go back to sleep.  I've been up for about 4 hrs and I'm still feeling groggy.

Have a fun, safe 4th -

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Icy training bras? Yikes. Leslie, you run with a tough crowd.

We had an incredible thunnerstorm here just as I was going to head out for my run. Hugh black clouds, loud cracks of thunder, strong wind and then the rain. Wow, it rained buckets! I think half our driveway ended up in the ditch again. Living on a hill is so much fun. It carried on for about an hour and a half or so... then lightened up a bit. I checked the radar, and it looked clear on my end so off I went. I love the way things smell after a hard rain. Like the air got a good scrubbing. 8.6 miles, 8:18 avg pace (faster on the way down the hill, slower on the way back up) and felt good.

I also got dive bombed by those dumb birds again... twice! As I was leaving their territory, one of them swooped by me really close, then squawked a lot on the way back to the nesting area. Like he (she?) was saying, "look! I scared it away again!" Dumb birds.

Making Mango Peach Chutney now. Love that stuff and I've been out for a long time but found a good supply of peaches AND mangoes on sale at the same time. Yay!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sounds like something our ski team would have done back in those days, . . .

if we would ave thought of it.

off to the midnight races. 

sorry for last post of day evan and steve.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

sounds like something our ski team would have done back in those days, . . .

if we would ave thought of it.

off to the midnight races. 

sorry for last post of day evan and steve.

Marathon Maniac #957

I raced a 10K (~50 minutes) and got to see lleneforward.  We both had to hang around afterwards, if you get my drift......

For the awards?  And you're just going to leave us hanging like that? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...there was a Secret Prize for Last Post of The Day........

...............I believe it was oysters.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....