Masters Running

FINALLY HOME (Read 220 times)

TomD

To all of my friends that I know and to all of my friends that I have not met, I finally got home from the hospital last weekend. I am still pretty weak and not hungry. Probably because of the many medicines I am taking I have a terribly dry mouth and an awful taste in my mouth, but it will get better with time. I went into the hospital on the 19th to have lung surgery to have my left lung removed because of cancer. They found a spot on my spine and one on my aorta artery which soon as I can regain my immune system , I will go through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation. The surgery went well and right on target and I would have been back to work last week except I acquired MRSA in the hospital and became critically illfrom that and then because of the MRSA it gave me Atrial Fibulation of the heart. I knew nothing about MRSA before I had this experience, but it is devastating to the immune system and cause death. It has torn mine down to nothing. Even if I felt like it I can not go out and be exposed to other germs, plus I am contagious to other people especially if they are compromised in any way, This has been a totally devastating both physically and financially for Tom and I. I have a long hall back and my journey is going to be tough, but the alternative ( 3 to 4 months) is not what I want so I am going to need everyone of you continuing to send those prayers and positive thoughts. They have helped me get this far and I know with all of us together we'll beat this battle. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me. I know your there because I can feel the warmth. Thanks again and I'll write as I can. Love to you all, Donna Detore

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Donna...I will continue to keep you in my prayers, I am sending you all the heart-filled, loving, healing, strengthening thoughts I can muster. {{{hugs}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tom--if you open coastwalker's thread "Update from Donna," you'll find several of our responses to this same note there.
        Masters 2000 miles
          We're with you all the way, Donna. Keep up your good spirits and attitude. TomS
            Welcome Home Donna! This has taken you both through the wringer but you are strong and can beat this! Keep the faith! We're all pulling for you! Hugs to you both. Skip
            SteveP

The fact that you feel the way you do, yet you sent us a letter is amazing. More people are praying for you and Tom than you'll ever know. Thank you for posting your update.

SteveP

arf

MM #405

Donna, stay positive, Tom is very strong, let him be strong for you,, he adores you. and we love you. arf and Divechief
                  (((((Donna))))))) - hang in there. We'll be strong for you and Tom - just concentrate on getting better. Prayers winging your way - hugs!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous