Masters Running

Last Day of 2008 - Masters Running and Parties ... (Read 432 times)

dg.

it's a pretty special group we have here. a friend sent this to me a couple of weeks ago. as we see each other through our ups & downs (or try too), it seemed to fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHfcJmcWTG0
      it's a pretty special group we have here. a friend sent this to me a couple of weeks ago. as we see each other through our ups & downs (or try too), it seemed to fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHfcJmcWTG0
      awesome....thanks for posting that.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      evanflein

Hey Stevie Ray... when our dog had a broken pelvis and had to be "quiet" for 4 weeks (a husky, not easy to do) we got a baby's playpen to put her in. That let her be with us and see what was going on, but she pretty much had to stay put. I think we used it for our dachsy when she hurt her back, too. I suggest you get one for him so he can be in the room with you but not jumping off the couch! I got my run in on the treadmill downstairs today. Too damn cold to go out... -30 here at the house, -40 in town. The news says the inversion will weaken in the next several days meaning our temps up here will get colder. Rats. On the other hand, I can't believe we head to Florida on Monday night! Won't get in till Tuesday evening so that'll be a "rest" day on the calendar for sure. 7.11 miles today, bringing me to 2002.3 for the year. Thinking back to the end of October I didn't think there'd be any way I'd hit over 2000 for the year, but I did it. Amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it and all the body parts cooperate. Smile
        dg.

Erika... a playpen. great idea. I seem to remember..." This is supposed to be the first week of taper, but I see I only have to do 75 miles in the next 10 days to make 2,000 for the year. Oy. To be soooo close..." & now... "7.11 miles today, bringing me to 2002.3 for the year.". Congratulations. You are amazing. Hope your Florida trip (& race) is the best... you earned it. Evryday... I'm so glad you liked it. I hesitated a little. let's hope we can both find our running shoes this year. Wink