Masters Running

Saturday 2.25.17 (Read 41 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have to make this quick--Debbie is waiting for me to throw something on the grill...in other words...it's my turn to cook.

I did 14 miles at a 7:12 pace, today.  I haven't run that pace, for that long, in over a year.  Now, we'll see how my body holds up.

Okay--gotta go grill some meat.

Oh--good job, Holly and Erika!!!!

See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations BerthaSlayer and Catwhoorg!

yes!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Left foot held up ok, right pinkie did not. The entire toe is covered in one (or more?) huge blisters. My time was 3:53:49, good enough for first in age group, always a plus in a big race! Holly did well and felt better than she has in many races, in spite of not feeling confident in her training. I told her the swimming and running she was doing these past months really made a difference. Glad to have gotten through this one!

Lou, Harriet and Kirsten all had good runs, too. Lou and Harriet both BQ'd and Harriet won her age group!

C-R

Just a drive by.

Nice race winning cat and Bertha!

Ran an easy 7.5 today. Trails tomorrow.

Gotta jet.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

What a great racing weekend!!!!

Congratulations BerthaSlayer and Catwhoorg!

Erika, Holly, La Tortuga and the Beers all had a great racing in AZ.

Today was a daring day for me as a runner. I decided to jump my longest run to date from 14 miles to 18 since I have a marathon coming up in April. I felt good thru the whole run. I guess all the skiing did help me to stay fit.

The Easy Pacer decided to join me for the first hour. It was fun to have his support and company.

Then I was on my own to run back home to complete 18 miles. It was cold, but the sun was shining and I had some great smile miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Congratulations BerthaSlayer and DH, Catwhoorg,Holly, Krista and Erika on your races and wins today!! You are all winners and inspire me so much. I know I wouldn't be a runner with this group to turn to for encouragement.

Doug, you asked about tselbs and I've been wondering about him too. The last few times he posted he was having trouble with his mojo and just couldn't get out there. Maybe he will pop in to say hi.

Winter is back here in SW MN but the roads were surprisingly clear, just a bit of snow and ice here and there. 24*, felt like 12*. I need to get a real winter running jacket, but the fleece one I wear usually is just right. Today my arms got a bit cold, especially into the wind. I am not setting speed records, just trying to get my stamina back.  The Chilly Cheeks 10 miler is in seven weeks-- that is why I made myself get out the door today.

tomorrow is church then a noon meeting. Hopefully we will get out in time to go to the 2:00pm showing of LaLaLand. We don't have a movie theater in town anymore but it is at a nearby town this weekend.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

Yay Catwhoorg!!! Interesting, well earned, hardware.

I'm liking the conversation on retirement funding. 12% pre tax into company 401K (I can't run that far). They have an employer matching program.i forget what percentage that is. I put 10% after tax into an emergency fund. At the end of the year, we put that into a traditional IRA and put that tax deduction into the household expense fund after filing the return.

Bertha, If I may..."Nailed it!". Even more interesting hardware.

I'm sorry Spacity. 

Danger!! Danger!!! Cuteness overload!!

Dad's still in the hospital. I'm reversing my diagnosis of willful misconduct. I wasn't in the mood to get out into day two of a rain and snow mix. Blah. Kind of kicking my own butt for getting a round trip ticket to help rehab Dear Old Dad.

SteveP

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My congratulations to all the racers today.

Mariposai that is one pretty photo.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**