Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 7/11 (Read 473 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - May the Sproink be with you this weekend. 6400 and up, hm.

Joe - that's some workout - wow! I'll bet you slept well.

8 slow mi in 97F - tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. Was supposed to do strides after that but just didn't have it. But tomorrow I'll be up in Leslie-land, can't wait can't wait can't wait!!

Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Hey Guys!

I just HAD to pop by & say "Hi!" to everybody!   No real time to read just now...Gotta be outta here in about 30 mins to head over to Silverton for the HardRock 100 aid station... steady busy around here....new patio door, bay window (Doug puts 'em in, I chase toddlers, paint & clean-up)....

HUGE Congrats to Jim!!!  very kewl!

Laters!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

First good luck at the SOB to Leslie! go get 'em!

4 miles this morning in absolutely BEAutiful IRC! Temps were in the 50's at the start! (jealous Arla, Carol,Joe Kevin??) It warms up quick here but 50's in July is a treat. Still some residual soreness and dead legs but coming around.

Arla sounds like u will get your cooler temps in this wknd. Wish I could go on your trip, I needs me some mtns.

Carol hope you survived your H & H 3 miler.

Cindy, Doug does windows? send him out......I know, I have seen your project list, not much chance of that...lol

Joe and Kevin yo need to push that heat back to say Illinois and heat up my corn market.......

getting ready for wheat harvest and hauling corn to market (train to Mexico) now on the farm.

later gators

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Ultrachick

Hi Everyone! Read the first few posts and seems that you all are doing well. Good luck this weekend Leslie!! Have fun! Congrats to Jim on his AG win too!

I'm doing well-busy as usual. I don't know where time goes...oh wait...I have two teenage boys and like to run a long ways. There you have it. Throw in moving from Charlotte to my house in Essex that's been rented out for the past 5 years and not as perfect as when I left, still having a lot of junk to go through, shuttle the boys around and train for a 100 miler as well as that work thing and there's my life!

I have the VT100 next weekend-that will help me catch up to Joe in this year's friendly mileage competition :-). Hopefully the hay is in the barn and the heat wave will break. It's just as hot and humid up here as it is in Jersey. I'm not going to worry about the weather though. It's beyond my control and if it's really hot it will slow down everyone-not just me.  I have it in my mind I'm going to finish and that's all there is to it. Jack is going to crew and pace me.

We went to the Finger Lakes last weekend for the Finger Lakes 50's. I ran the 50k while Jack ran the 50m. It went well. The course was changed a little bit for the better but made the loop 16.5m so I ran 33m and finished just under 6hrs. 8th female overall and 3rd master. Jack finished 2nd overall and 1st master. Was a nice weekend and my last big run before the 100. After VT, Jack has entered the Burning River 100 in Ohio-big road trip for us, never been to Ohio before. It's the USA Track & Field 100m Championship race so hopefully he'll have fun and do well.

Time to get back to work-have a great weekend everyone!

Kelly

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Hey Kelly!  I posted a "Howdy Do" over on the Trail Runners Forum.  Nice to see you're still alive and kicking.

Cindy - Chris Gerber, an RA Trail Runners Forum poster, is participating in Hardrock.  I just looked and no bib numbers have been assigned yet.  If in that mass of humanity you figure out which one he is, say "hey" to him.  Have fun!!!!

Arla - Wanna just come all the way up to Ashland for a little run tomorrow??

Jim - Come to Northern CA and visit the redwoods/mountains.  It's beautiful here.

SRD for me.  Leave at noon for the 3-4 hr drive to Ashland with the obligatory stop at Fred Meyer somewhere along the way.  I have my list ready - no sales tax in OR.

I won't be taking my laptop *shudder*, so in case I don't get the chance to get back in here before I leave, have a great weekend, and see ya'll on the flip side.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Good Luck Leslie!

Queen of 3rd Place

GOOO Leslie!

Kelly - congrats on the good work on your 50K and best wishes for Vermont. 100 mi in heat - be good to yourself.

Jim - sounds like your season is heating up. Corn to Mexico?

Interesting day yesterday, battery died in the Bay Area so I didn't get as far as expected. Decided to make it to Geyserville in Napa Valley for a mud soak and a couple of easy runs among the grapevines. This afternoon I finally got into cooler temps just south of Leslieland, in fact I'm having a coffee and cookie at Old Town Coffee and Chocolates in Old Town Eureka. Cute area! I actually had to put on another layer of clothes! Heading inland to follow the Klamath R. for the rest of the day, into Oregon tomorrow.

Arla

Ex runner

Hi folks!

Hi Kelly!  Glad to see you Smile.  Sounds like you're busy as ever.

Arla, sounds like you are adapting well to your modified trip plans. But what's a beer drinker to do among all those grapevines?

Hope Leslie is doing well!  Great pics of WS100!

Jim, I'm jealous of your IRC, but glad they were there for you.

Hey to everyone!

Sweatfest of a 4 miler this morning.  Humidity was 91, but temp was ONLY 80.  No wind makes it where my sweat won't even cool me down.  Also walked 3 with dog, and then neighbor.  Dreaming of the cooler fall temps and sproinky runs!  Tomorrow will be a pool day. 

Progress Trumps Pefection

Arla!  Dang it!   PS - Bon Bonier Ice Cream next door to has GREAT ice cream.

This is going to be short and sweet, folks.  Made it through the run. I had a much harder time this year than last and came in about 40 min slower.  It was hot, but there was still a lot of snow and a lot of little creeks/runoff, so kept my Coolmax bandana full of snow, and I had a hard time with elevation/headache/dizziness.  Will provide more details later, but suffice to say I'm really tired.

Later -

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance