Masters Running

Amica (Newport) Marathon - it was a bit windy (Read 350 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Wow!  What a difference two years makes... we ran this in 2007 and were beat by the heat and humidity!  Incredible.

This was fun to read because it was such an adventure!  I love adventures!  And I am proud to know you and La T.  You are powerfully strong women and SO VERY FUN!

Congratulations on running 26.2 in a NOREASTER!  Ever So Cool!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

Like I said before, you took on what is almost my worst marathon weather fear (I think the same conditions in about 35 degrees would be my very worst conditions), but in spite of that you still finished pretty darn strong – amazing toughness and perseverance – great job!  And my PW is slower than that, in better conditions...

Although we didn’t have those weather conditions at Columbus, we had the same split with the half-marathoners at mile #13, where they turned to run down to the finish line and we continued on, and I agree that that is sort of cruel – even in good conditions, by mile #13 it is tempting to make that turn and be done already....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow!    simply WOW!!!     What a fitting was to become a Maniac!   Congratulations on sticking it out PDR!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Terrific RR of a terrific race.  You and your DH continue to amaze and inspire me.  WTG, you maniac, you!

However, I think there's something wrong about the photo of you and that more-adorable-than-ever baby.  I still can't believe you're that child's grandmother when you look way more like you could be his mom or even older sister!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

unbelievable, just unbelievable.

Welcome to the maniac world dear sistahh. You have earned that "ugly" singlet in one tough way.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

"It was a bit windy..." How funny is that??? You are something, girl. I think a lot of people would have bailed on this race, but not you. I loved the picture of you guys crossing the finish line. Was there one dry spot on your body?  Think about how all of your future marathons are going to seem like a walk in the park after this one!  Remember that Helen Reddy song? "I am woman, hear me roar!"
              dangulo01

Congratulations on running the marathon in such dreadful conditions!  I ran the 1/2 marathon and I have to tell you that as I walked back to the car with my husband, shivering, lips blue, I could not believe that there were people out there running another 13 miles!  We drove out of the parking lot, past marathon runners who were just beginning to brave the second half of the route and I was in complete awe of all of you!  What a feat!  you should be very proud of yourself!  Congratulations!!