Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 10/04 (Read 493 times)

"The sun doesn't shine on the same dog's butt every day but we sure didn't expect a total eclipse." (Steve Sloan - former All-American Collegiate Quarterback)

The quote has nothing to do with running, I just thought it was funny!

Erika - 32.1 miles run, 1.6 miles walked, 40 min. pool running, some ab/core stuff and token swimming. (Only 32.1 miles.  Is someone becoming a slacker? )

Eliza - ran 2.5 and walked 2.0 and learned an enormous lesson - not doing NOTHING the rest of the day or the day after my next long race. (Tuff week, Eliza.  Hope you are feeling better!)

Evryday - 3 miles and back in the black hole. (Ev - Come out of the black hole!  Come out of the black hole!)

Nono - 37 mi running, 4.5 mi bike riding, 10 min stength/stretch. (With some kind of weird moaning . . . )

Carol - 6 miles running, 4 miles walking, 2400 yards swimming, 29 miles biking (I can't even comment in normal text!)

pfriese - 50.9.  (Our quiet, consistent runner.)

dg - 44.6 miles running, 25 minutes ellipticalling, 1 hr. 45 minutes strength training. (Um - And who ran their longest run yet?? 20 miles?!?  Way to go!)

fatozzig - 33.2 miles, plus lots of driving

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm makin' up  my own schedule this week.

Mon - Rest ------------------------------------------- Done

Tues - Decided to Rest Again ------------------ Done

Wed - 3 miles --------------------------------------- 3 miles.  Felt really good

Thurs - Wait, are we suppose to be running or something???

Fri - This not running thing could become a habit.

Sat - 7 feel good trail miles

Sun -Slug-O-Rama-Bama

Total: 7 running miles, hours of laziness

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

"The sun doesn't shine on the same dog's butt every day but we sure didn't expect a total eclipse." (Steve Sloan - former All-American Collegiate Quarterback)

The quote has nothing to do with running, I just thought it was funny!

This doesn't mean I have to run in a thong does it?  I might have to opt out.

M - rest, and drinking, and then a health check up*

T- rest

W- 8 mi run

T- 10 min slideboard

F- 4 mi run

S- 4 mi run

S- 6 mi bike ride, rescue 2 5 yr olds from the undertow in my clothes, run 1.25 mi

Total: 10 min slideboard, 6 mi bike, 1 rescue, 17.25 mi running

ITB and sinuses are taking me down!!!!! 

*Welcome to tourist town America...our long time waitress is going to nursing school, so we all complied.  Even after a Manhattan and 1/2 botte of red, I'm still 110/70.  I laid a bet I was that before she did it.  And I nailed it.  Oh, when will I learn to bet on my half marathon times.???? Crap, I don't even have a :30 deviation over the last year.......<sigh>

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Monday.......3miles...........6miles

Tues............3miles..........3miles

Wed.............6miles..........no run

Thurs...........rest..............no run

Friday..........rest...............6miles

Sat...............5K race........5K (3.1) 

Sun..............3miles.........no run

18.1 Total  (climbing evr so slowly out the dreaded black hole)

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Leslie, thanks for keeping us straight!  I'll skip the fancy fonts this week since they don't seem to be helping my speed.

Monday - 12.3 miles biking, 3.1 miles running, 1 mile walking

Tuesday - 2.5 miles running, 1 mile walking

Wednesday - rest day, icing the footie

Thursday - 15 miles biking

Friday - 6 miles biking, 1000ish yards swimming

Saturday - 21 miles biking

Sunday - rest + house cleaning

Totals:  54 miles biking, 5.6 miles running, 2 miles walking, 1,000 yards swimming

Was hoping to ramp up the running a little this week, but my right arch is telling me it needs some TLC, so it will be a heavier biking and swimming week.

Eliz, ((((hugs)))), hope you can get some rest and feel better.  Flu stuff is nasty this year!

Woohoo!!! Paul has a new 1/2 marathon PR.  Those consistent miles are paying off for you!  Congrats!

Progress Trumps Pefection
            evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. Interesting quote... And a Happy Slacker I am, too! Not sure what I'll do this week. Finally got my garden stuff done though, so nice to not have to worry about that anymore this year. Less than 2 weeks to RVM, and I'll be traveling most of next week.

Nono, you would be fun to hang out with!

Monday: Total Rest Day

Tuesday: 6 miles, 8:17 avg pace; .25 mile walk; 5 minutes of stretch/flex/core stuff

Wednesday: 5.5 hilly trail miles; .3 mile walk c/d; 5 minutes of that stretching/core stuff afterwards

Thursday: 5.2 miles, 8:19 avg pace with a couple tempo miles; .25 mile walk

Friday: 15 minutes (1.62 miles) Elliptical; 22 minutes ab/core/flex stuff

Saturday: 5 mile tempo run (7:48 avg), then 2.2 miles uphill to home (8:30 avg); .35 mile walk; hours of yard work!!

Sunday: 14 miles at 8:09 avg pace (geez!), .3 mile walk

Totals: 37.9 miles running, about 1.5 miles walked, some elliptical and ab/core stuff, more yard work

This doesn't mean I have to run in a thong does it?  I might have to opt out.

Um . . . thanks for the visual??

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Um . . . thanks for the visual??

Waited all day for someone to chomp on that... LOL!  I read your quote last night as MOON not sun, 'cause my son had just gone on and on about the moon before I read it.  So, I wrote that as Renee...then before I posted read your quote again and realized I read it completely wrong. The husband and I had quite a laugh over that (remember, we had been drinking) and then I decided to post it anyway and from me.  We were cracking up thinking how stupid my comment was given the actual quote!

Remember, we live on a sand bar and it's the off season...we're easily entertained.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Monday - coherent enough, in spite of low-grade fever, to safely drive home from NJ; walked an untimed mile from the garage to home after dropping off my car for inspection

Tuesday - lost my mind and didn't take a sick day; back to school night, too, so I was at work until 9:00 p.m.; wrote sub plans for tomorrow as XT

Wednesday - home sick; walked untimed mile to pick up the car; felt worse at the end of the day than in the a.m.; taking off the rest of the week; can't remember the last time I missed 3 days of school

Thursday - was finally able to get a doctor's appointment; diagnosis = bronchitis; fever down all day; drugs starting to kick in

Friday - home sick still, but managed to do laundry, go out for lunch, and go to the grocery store - oh, and also to do some schoolwork; could there be a WALK in my future tomorrow?  

Saturday - drove to the shore; random walking in Atlantic City - shopping and dinner

Sunday - survived church - sang surprisingly well for all of the gunk still in my chest; walked about 2 untimed miles

Summary - sick all week, hoping to get back out there tomorrow

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Waited all day for someone to chomp on that... LOL!  I read your quote last night as MOON not sun, 'cause my son had just gone on and on about the moon before I read it.  So, I wrote that as Renee...then before I posted read your quote again and realized I read it completely wrong. The husband and I had quite a laugh over that (remember, we had been drinking) and then I decided to post it anyway and from me.  We were cracking up thinking how stupid my comment was given the actual quote!

Remember, we live on a sand bar and it's the off season...we're easily entertained.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

Nono... we're all easily entertained.  Big grin

I'm early I'm early!  

Thanks for doing this Leslie!   

& editor....aww, thanks. 

Carol I hope your arch is ok.

Eliz, get better!

Planned    Actual
                         M rest  rest
                         T  9 miles base pace     9.25 miles, 10:06 pace
                         W mixed intervals mixed intrevals!.  too zoney to post the details. 6.15 miles, 9:37 pace. later, 15 min. core strength stuff.  time is runnng out!
                         T  non impact cardio, core workout  26 min. recumbent bike.. (was told this targeted lower thigh muscles, stabilizes knees) back raises calf lifts upper & lower body weight machines stab. ball reverse crunches side planks russian twists.
                         F  2 mile w/u c/d recovery pace, 8 miles 1/2 MP, 2 miles c/d

12.07 drowned rat miles, 9:50 pace

i habba code

did some core somethings later

S  core/resistance workout fitzgerald's core workout & a few other things
                         S   2 miles recovery pace, 10 @ mp (?!), 2 miles recovery pace

14.14 miles , pretty much followed the plan. 9. 38 pace. fuel breaks off the clock, sure helps the pace. ;-).    15 min. pt etc in the evening.

totals:  41.6 running miles, 26 min. on the recumbent bike, 2hrs. 10 min. strength training.

Leslie when you're early you make me all dizzy.

or,... maybe it's the 3 cold fighting tincures I just took.   the elderberry & eleurthero look ok, but the super-echinacea "contains certified organic (phew! Wink ) grain alcohol (45-55%).  uh oh.

Paul,  congratulations!!!

Erika, happy travels.. .  you always travel close to your marathons.  maybe just because you do both a lot.

Nono... 

pfriese

Thanks again Leslie.

M - 9.4 miles

T - 5.1 miles

W - 7.4 miles

Th - rest day

F - 4.7 miles

Sa - 4.7 miles

Su - half-marathon + 2 miles warm-up/cooldown

Total - 46.2 miles

New PR in half-marathon!