Masters Running

Grandfather Mountail Marathon - I did it! RR (Read 319 times)

huskydon

Perch, You did a terrific job, congratulations! I was intimidated, just looking at the elevation profile. Very nice you could meet up with other friends, too. huskydon

Marathon Maniac #957

Excellent job, Perch! And then you drove 3 hours home - wow!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Steve, I knew you could do it...fantastic time for a tough uphill course! Did they provide you with any interesting food at the finish? Great Job! You know that I'm going to give Grandfather a shot one of these days. Big grin

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Anticipation of the unknown is scary. "it’s beautiful!”. I wilt in the heat I can feel even the slightest hill when I run
          It's not too often that our faster runners put aside the formal training plans for the fun of it just to see what happens but you did your perfect challenge to perfection and found out that challenging events can be part of training too. I hope you have many more. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

munchkn883

WOW, Perch! No way I would even think of attempting that one! Congratulations!!
              Great going, perch. You took on a tough one as evidenced by the elevation chart and it's reputation. In spite of that you beat your goal by a bunch and enjoyed yourself. It was neat you got to see jjj and Aamos. Congratulations. TomS
                Great running and congratulations! I am getting to know this area since Appalachian is a client and the hills are not easy at all. Impressive running and you are clearly strong and recovering well. You also approach your racing and training with precision and yet we can all "see" your grin while you run. Marvelous Perchcreek!