Masters Running

Sunday 1 Feb first run in the new month (Read 394 times)

Nice run there Byll....feeling tired and still cranking out that pace. I am really super impressed by some of those well-paced runs today, well all of them! I woke up dreading the idea of doing 12 miles, so I didn't. I thought maybe 8 so I could hit 40 for the week, and I could have done 8 no problem, but I decided to let my body do the talking and not my ego. So I stopped after 6. Ah, imodium, don't race without it! I had an unpleasant "problem" during my first 10K and will not do a race again without imodium. Everyone will be different. I take it about 1 1/2 hours before gun time. I used to occasionally take it before long runs, but I've stopped that habit and just make sure I am always within 2 miles of a park bathroom or close to some woods. Hot days seem to make things worse.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

spacityrunner

Did 30 min in the pool today. First swim since July and it made me sleepy A couple hours after that I pounded out 3.05 miles in 35 min. Nice and warm and breezy...won't be like that on Tuesday when I run next....oh well. Very first run and swim....I think I like it Big grin

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

I woke up dreading the idea of doing 12 miles, so I didn't. I thought maybe 8 so I could hit 40 for the week, and I could have done 8 no problem, but I decided to let my body do the talking and not my ego. So I stopped after 6..
        this is the POST of the day, the week, of the month....... You are one smart woman dear Enke.......still thinking on Wenatchee?????? I left the house to scope for a dry place to run my intervals this week. I think I found a place just about 2 miles from my house...just have to check for safety at dawn. You know how much I envy you folks who have a training partner. Anyway, 6 easy miles with dAAve mix to keep me company... erika, when is your next marathon?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Afternoon all, I ran the Mardi Gras Marathon today. Goal of sub 4 hours. Chip time 3:58:51, new PB. I'll post RR on Monday or Tuesday. Paul
          busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I had planned a long run this morning, but just felt tired. I managed 11 on the treadmill. I wished I had waited 'til the afternoon as the weather was gorgeous and inspiring. :-P
            -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
            also on Twitter
              Mariposai, I am still thinking about it. Wenatchee that is. I have my cardiologist appointment this week so I will see what he says. Maybe I could just do the half if I don't feel ready for the full.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Yay, Paul, way to go on the PR and breaking 4 hours! I ran two slow snowy miles with the dogs, 20° and thankfully not windy, then took DD to the rec center and we ran 3 miles together on the indoor track. Peppier than I expected, maybe because we were running barefoot. 10:10, 9:30, 9:05. Then some weight machines. DH called from the airport while I was out running, and had the following conversation with DD: Mom ran 10 miles yesterday? Yup. And she's out running now? Yup. And she's running with you at the rec center later? Yup. Audible eye roll Roll eyes Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Afternoon all, I ran the Mardi Gras Marathon today. Goal of sub 4 hours. Chip time 3:58:51, new PB. I'll post RR on Monday or Tuesday. Paul
                  Congrats Paul on the PB. We'll you be running the Beacon?
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  TammyinGP

10 miles today. Got home in time for halftime and now off to watch the 2nd half of the game, and have some pizza.

Tammy

evanflein

Mariposai, I was going to try to fit in a marathon in mid-March, but work and travel are going to get in the way of that. So... nothing on the books till Boston in mid-April. Seems so far away! Congratulations on your PR, Paul. That's wonderful! Sub-4 marathon, woohoo! Will look forward to that RR. After yesterday's run outside I wasn't really enthusiastic about doing more of that. And it was colder today... -19F where I got dropped off by the lake behind campus but bright and sunny. Still... I did most of the same route I did yesterday, just skipped the last out and back loop and stopped at 8 miles. Mile splits: 8:21, 8:32, 8:47 (not sure what happened here), 8:31, 8:37, 8:33, 8:31, 8:25 Finished the run on the treadmill after a 15 minute drive home, quick peel off of the cold weather gear and a potty break, then 9 miles in the basement. First mile at 8:45 (sort of a re-warm up), next three at 8:34, last 5 at 8:20. I was very ready to stop... Total for the day of 17 miles, wrapping up a 27 mile weekend and 52.1 mile week for me, and some incredible entries on the "more miles than degrees" group!
                        Just got home from a super bowl party Got home in time to see the end then off to bed. 4am comes earlier the older I get it seems. 8 miles today in great weather in about 1:17 You can tell all us Michigan people are tired of the cold and snow. A 35 degree day and we get all gooshy about it. Big grin Tselbs, we could have run together today sounds like we had the same run. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Rest day, and The Hub decided to stay home with me instead of going to a SB party. Surprising, but very nice. Had munchies, grilled a tri-tip and sliced it up for sandwiches, GREAT game - all in all, a great day. He's now asleep on the couch, and I'm off to take a shower and hit the hay, myself.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance