Masters Running

October 2019 Masters' Miles (Read 29 times)

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

50 miles for me in October.

No races.

I need to run more.

Paul

Tramps

Somehow I missed this thread earlier...

October was an odd month with a long vacation without bikes but with hiking, so...

68 miles "running" (but that includes some hiking miles)

and just 101 miles cycling.

Be safe. Be kind.

113.8 miles for October -- surprised me so I went back to make sure I hadn't double entered any runs.

That's the first time I've been over 100 for quite awhile. Maybe that's why I had a little achilles tendonitis????  Feeling better now so going to take it easy for November!!

Thank you MilkTruck -- hey I signed up for Maine Coast Marathon May 9 .....any interest?? they also run a 1/2 same day!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck!  I figured I'd better get in here before I forget, again, like last month.

I'm pretty sure I only ran one race...the Atlantic City Marathon where I took 1st in my age group and just squeaked under 3 hours with a 2:59:59.

OCT: 161

YTD: 2029

I remember running 2002 miles in 2002 and thinking I would never run that many miles in year again.  This group has really rubbed off on me.

That's all I got.  See ya next month!

BTY

Zero running miles in October, but 4 miles of swimming.

I stumbled upon an app on the US Masters Swimming site this afternoon, and my brain officially exploded.

The "Go The Distance" fitness app has about 2500 swimmers from around the world logging their swimming distances over the course of the year.   The 50th percentile performers are between 147 and 151 miles, averaging around 13-14 miles per month.  I can relate to them, because I'm going to swim around 20 miles in November and have swum 10 to 14 miles several times in the past year. 

The top 1% of performers have logged between 877 and 2,647 MILES through November 22nd.   Swimming between 80 and 200 miles per month?  I'm a fairly strong swimmer and I swim at a pace of about 2 miles per hour.  That would be swimming for 40 hours to 100 hours per month.  I can't even get my brain around it - because it exploded already. 

Brian

an amazing likeness

+ October delivered 0  prime runners from 18 entries....We rolled a goose egg for the 3rd time this year!

+ Quickaddr runs the median on the nose and logs a 50K as well! Give that runner all this month's prize money!

+ YOY average is down from 147 to 122mi, despite more entries in 2019, due to no 200mi runners in 2019.

Runner Oct '19 Prime! Notable Notes
              BTY -- . 4 miles swimming
              evanflein 185 . 1AG Baltimore Marathon
              RunnerKSA 174 . Highest mile month in ages…take that July!
              anneb 172 . HM mid month
              SubDood 170 . Twin Cities 25yr marathon annivers…only shed 7min!
              milktruck 165 .  
              Mike E 161 . 1AG & sub-3 Atlantic City marathon. 1 to go!
              rmcj001 144 . 1AG 5K, sub-4 Chicago, pacing friend HM
              coastwalker 144 . 3AG 10K
              Quickadder 121 . Logged in only 9 runs. First 50K race!
              TammyinGP 116 . Over 10K elevation gain…a lot of climbing
              deez4boyz 114 . 1st month over 100mi in a while…coming back
              Opie 90 . Lighter miles, grateful for each one
              Dave59 80 .  
              Joe618 69 . Battling flu bug for weeks
              Tramps 68 . running, hiking + 101mi cycling
              Healthrunner 54 . (aka tom1961)
              pfriese 50 . quiet month
              average 122 . .
              median 121 . .
              #prime   0 .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.