Masters Running

Excitement still in the air - Tues Master runs and RR's (Read 529 times)

#artbydmcbride

Earth's crust contracting and expanding! (happens to me in the middle of races often)

Runners run

Renee the dog

Got my 4.5 mi in at base pace (ok, a little faster towards the end. I doubt Matt Fitzgerald's going to hunt me down and shoot me...) Kids and I will do our drills (I think high knees are on the agenda today (!) in a little bit). I have found that 1/2 a clif shot with caffeine are the holy grail for me when I'm racing or running 10+. Totally takes the edge off. So, for me, that makes sense...I'm more comfortable, therefore I can relax and put forth a better effort.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

19k total after work 2k w/u 15k tempo in 1:03 2k c/d This run felt ez even after a 100k week and 56k in the last 3 days, so maybe I will be okay for the Ottawa marathon...need to stay healthy and keep loosing some pounds. They are coming off so slowly....must be my sweet tooth. Take care everyone. (Time to read some race reports). Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

If I take in too much caffeine, I am definitely joanzen, which is why I do half caf. As far as I've been able to tell, sodas don't do the same thing, although I don't drink much soda and can't imagine drinking two whole sodas before a run. Yuck! Nono - I've used Clif shots in the past, but I don't think any of them had caffeine. Will have to investigate. May just be the shot in the arm I need when I feel like I'm losing it. The other thing about drinking coffee that would make me faster - the need for el toilette. Big grin

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

There was lots of Boston related excitement yesterday. We were busy, too, so I've got to catch up on the reports. evan, you were smart, but I still feel bad for you. You'll be back stronger than ever. Holly, those were neat pictures and thoughts of your kids and their runnning. Also, it's good to hear your husband is back to work. CNY, I hope your husband bounces back quickly. Nice long runs for fatozzig, spareribs (including speedwork), srlopez, and Tall. Good job on the speedwork for Holly. This morning, I was on the other side of the state at my mother's. The temp was in the mid 30s, it was raining lightly, and it was a bit windy. I got in 5 miles in about 50:30 for a 10:05 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I have decided that I will no longer track Erica on line when she's racing. The only 2 times I have, she DNCed (did not chip) and DNF. I'm sorry, I didn't mean any harm. Tongue

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

slow and easy 3 miles for me this evening. It's turned summer time on me...85F Welcome home Bostonians.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                xor

Say, for you Masters types who were considering Seattle rnr in June but hadn't yet registered... ...well, we'll now call you SOL because you are too late. Is closed now. 25,000 people registered. Mind you, at the race that actually IS called "The Seattle Marathon" in November, participation in the various races is usually in the several-thousand range. This is going to be a very big deal. woohoo! Unless you didn't register and wanted to register, in which case it is boohoo!

Took two days off after Saturday's long run (tired Sunday, torrential rain and still tired Monday), and have a weird schedule the rest of the week, so I pushed myself for what I think is my longest run on a school/work night so far - 6.5 miles in the spring sunshine. Felt pretty good the whole way, but I'm having some slight issues with my right AT, so I'm going to see my podiatrist/favorite cheerleader on Friday for a check-up. Holly - love the pics of your kids and your thoughts about kids & running. It seems to me that they look so good at it because they don't think about it the way we grown-ups do, they just run because it's fun, plain and simple. I'll spare you the music educator's comparison to how we destroy kids' innate musicianship . . . . Roll eyes Tammy - from snow to 90 degrees? Yikes! And I'm complaining about having a little frost on my car in the morning last week when it was in the 60s in the afternoon. Nono - "ever useful child-sized wheelbarrow" is the line from today's daily that gave me the best giggle! Have to do a presentation at school tomorrow evening, so I've packed my gym bag for between school and the talk. Tentative plan is to put in a few TM miles, but I may just stretch, lift, and hit the hot tub. Wink Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Never underestimate the ability of an engineer to make a simple thing complicated. Tongue
                      Yep, I can relate to this. I bet Teresa can, too!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Say, for you Masters types who were considering Seattle rnr in June but hadn't yet registered... ...well, we'll now call you SOL because you are too late. Is closed now. 25,000 people registered. Mind you, at the race that actually IS called "The Seattle Marathon" in November, participation in the various races is usually in the several-thousand range. This is going to be a very big deal. woohoo! Unless you didn't register and wanted to register, in which case it is boohoo!
                        and...are you registered?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai, I saw a Bob Cat today on the woods road that I want to show you and Econo in June. Very neat wild animal! Hope you still plan to come down this way for a nice beach run. Ribs and you guys who are talking about form: I am all the time thinking about form as I learn to run. Just think, after only 50 years, I had forgotten how to run Confused What do I do with my arms? Am I slumping again? (probably). How high should my legs kick? CAN I kick? I have noticed that if I tell myself to get the legs up. I fell twice when I first started 8 months ago - should have had my feet further off the ground. I stumbled over sticks. I'm very interested in reading your advice. I had a great run/walk today the longest I have done - possibly 8+ .It started with a steep rough woods trail. Up hill. Probably only 1/2 mile or so. Then a C25K routine - I am only on week 3, but was easier today, so will go on to week 4 before too long. Next I did a great long - maybe.. 4 miles is long for me- run/walk on the Forest Service road .I knew I had over done when I reached "the end", and only then realized that I had to get home. Didn't plan well,but had a good time, and didn't have to do too much for the rest of the day. I was out there for about 2 1/2 hrs. I'm glad I did it. It was fun! I'll take it easy tomorrow.
                          SteveP

Thanks for the pictures Holly!!!

SteveP