Masters Running

Sunday Feb. 15 Runs and Workouts ... (Read 488 times)

TammyinGP

some very impressive long (and fast!) runs today! For me, I went to church and then taught this a.m., came home and DH made breakfast burritos, then I took a nap Sleepy . A nice long nap. Smile

Tammy

Mariposai

great runs around here. Like tammy, I ran, went to church, chat with my sisters in my country......amazing how great the webcam pictures are. Now getting ready to go to a fondue party. I made a delicious chocolate truffle for the occasion. It should be goodddddddddddd.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

nothing impressive here, just slow and easy 12 miles in sunny cold, and we had snow in spots. some melted in the sun today, though, and tomorrow more will go. Jlynne, poor girl, you have my sympathy. I fall down in all seasons, for no reason and have the scars to prove it. It hurts. Black eye grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
          nothing impressive here, just slow and easy 12 miles in sunny cold, and we had snow in spots. A
          Yep....that's impressive in my books.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Been painting all day so a late post 10 miles first 5 @ around 10:00 pace then 4 @ 8:30 pace and then a final 10:30 cool down mile. I was trying for 8:20s or my marathon pace but am happy all the same. Lots of good runs out there today. You guys are getting fast. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

wildchild

Carolyn

I agree with Tammy, some impressive long and fast runs today! Jlynne, hope your wrist heals up. What a bummer! It was cold and sunny here today, right around freezing. Actually a little above, I guess, since my water bottle didn't freeze. I dropped DD off at the rec center where she was meeting a friend, and ran from there over to my usual long run neighborhood, which is a 3 mile loop. I stashed my water bottle and some snacks at the start of the loop so I didn't have to carry them and ran it twice. By the start of the 3rd lap I was getting kind of cold, so I cut it short and ran back to the rec center, where I finished up on the indoor track with DD. Total 10 miles, 8.5 outside and 1.5 inside. Very slow pace today - just didn't have much sproink. The 3 mile loop is very hilly (as is everything around here) and my pace was about 12:15. Then on the indoor track I ran about 10:20 pace. The indoor track is the only flat place to run around here, but it's still at high altitude - I think the rec center is at about 9100 ft. Today was DD's first ever 4-mile run. I think the program she's on has her doing 5 miles next week, then 6 miles in a couple of weeks after that. Yay for her!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

That's great about your daughter, Carolyn. She's really sticking to the program. Wish my kids would do something on their own like that. They're such lazy butts. I agree with Tramps. When you've got it, and the day is going your way, take advantage of it! I'm working really hard to put some easier runs into my schedule because I'm usually guilty of what Spareribs posted... too many hard workouts, not enough easy stuff. Well, I think I'm doing better in that regard. Nice run, Tramps. I can't imagine that pace... except maybe for a half marathon! This was a cutback week for me, but generally I've felt really good most of the week and have eked out a few more miles than called for (usually poor planning on my part, end up too far from the car when miles are done). I felt so bad after last Sunday's run though, I had to cut things a little bit. Today I ran the trail that starts above my house and ends up in a subdivision with hardpacked snow roads. The trail was in bad shape from all the foot traffic, but it was nice to go for almost 7 miles before I saw a moving car! Mile splits were all over the place, but judging by effort and how I felt, this was a much better run than last week! And mile 2 (the hardest uphill) was 9:45 this week. Last week it was 10:09 and felt really hard. Mile splits, for what they're worth on this hilly, snowy route: 8:35, 9:45, 8:52, 9:15, 8:59, 8:04, 8:22, 8:19, 7:59, 8:32, 8:48, 8:42, 8:23, 8:33, 8:46 for the last half mile. Temps were mild, but not much sun and a bit of wind from the East made this feel a lot colder than yesterday. 49.5 for the week, so not much of a cutback except for the long run and easier paces.