Masters Running

A "P.S." to Perch's Report (Read 215 times)

It was so great to see Steve and get a big hug at the start. He has the Best Smile. We had a lot of fun running together and gossiping about everyone here Wink. Good to meet Jesse, hope to hear from you soon on your impressions of the race. I just wanted to add to the report that this time when I was nearing the finish, DH was there waving and upright, so I sprinted around the track to the finish, YAY! Afterwards was fun, too--I'd met some NC runners (Ellerbee and Raleigh/Cary) at past races in Delaware and Tupelo, so had fun introducing Steve to some of his fellow racers. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Amy! Congrats on your 2nd place AG finish! How about a real RR instead of a P.S. on Perch's report, though? Cool that you guys got to run together for a bit, and that you got to meet triple J! And so wonderful to hear that DH was at the finish line cheering you on. Glad he's doing well.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Congrats on a fine race, Aamos. That's great that your husband was there to cheer you to the finish. TomS
          nice work Aamos - congrats on the AG finish!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

In an obviously failed ploy to get you to write a RR, I posted on the daily that you were probably dead last and were too embarrassed to write a report. So you won something huh? Not a surprise to me. And great to see Daniel cheering you in, good for him. love, Spareribs
              O people! Perch did such a good job, there was nothing left for me to add, and I'm not as good with graphs and charts and splits as he is. And I didn't even wear a kilt or running skirt, even. Undecided Dull girl. Oh, except, I met several more members of the Mangum Running Club, from North Carolina, and had had dinner with them. They're a hoot--they put on a narathon in June that starts at 6 pm--one of my buddies from our running club ran it this year and had a terrific time. Here's a paragraph from their website: MARATHONERS BEWARE: This is not your normal marathon. This is all rural, not a city marathon. The course is not certified. You will be in the middle of nowhere all the time with no porta-potties, no splits, no mile markers, no spectators, and late in the run possibly even no other runners. There are only 6 houses on the course and they have dogs. Aid stops are over 5 miles apart, so you will need to carry a water bottle. If you decide to quit, there are no pick-up vans, so you will either have to walk to the aid station or hitch a ride with somebody. The race will start at 6 pm and the temperature will probably be about 85 degrees with little shade. Darkness comes about 9 pm and there are no street lights. You will need a light for the reasons cited in the waiver. If you need to be catered to every couple of miles along the course or worry running in the dark, perhaps you should not come. We really have seen everything listed in the waiver except the polecats and they are there too. The drop out rate among veteran 50-milers is usually 40% or so. Think long and hard before you enter this event. If Lao-tzu were to give advice about this event he would say, "Come with no expectations and you will not be disappointed My new running goal is to get back to that part of the world so I can hang out with them some more! grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #957

2nd AG, huh? Another awesome run for you - great job! But of course the best news is that your DH was there to cheer you on to the finish. Glad he's doing so well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Aamos is so durn modest Big grin So glad to see your DH again and that he was there for you at the finish. This marathon is two for two where I was lucky enough to run with Boomer Goddesses.... and they both left me in the dust Big grin

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Always nice to hear from you Amy. Come on back to Michigan someday -- we can use the cheering up!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Awsome Amos, I love the Marathoners beware. It makes you want to prove them wrong. I am sure you would. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down