Masters Running

Tuesday ~ End of April (Read 50 times)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

40 minutes of sunny, lake-trail running with some hill repeats in the middle.  I have very suddenly become very slow.  I'm going to write it off to the volume I'm adding, but it's frustrating even though I know what's happening.  Ah, well.  This, too, shall pass.

Succumbed to peer pressure and registered for an idiotic cycling race at the end of the month.  One which will include probably 15 laps of a short course where the spectators crowd into "Crash Corner," because that is where all the action is.

Oy, vey.

Biking through tulips sounds wonderful.  Did you refrain from inhaling???

Epsom salts?  I gotta get me some of those.

Some fantastic racing this weekend.  You Masters rock!

Holly, I always gain weight after a run.  Excess fluid/salt retention.

2Kitty is feeling good AND had a feel good story.  Sweet!

Stumpy, stay off the foot.  You're gonna do just fine at the marathon.

Got my orthotics back today and they feel a lot better.  The over-the-counter ones - those suck.  I told my PT today I refuse to wear them.  They're terrible.  I'm praying like crazy that I can try and get some slow miles in by Saturday.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm still stationary biking it.  Did 30 min yesterday with 2 min steady, 3 min sprints, followed by about 40 or so min of strength training.  Today is was an hour of biking.  I managed over 3 hrs last week, and hope to get at least that if not more this week.

Shorty and I will be going through some hard things over the next few months related to what happened in 2011.  He and I are fine - more than fine - but suffice to say the roller coaster ride is not over.  We could use your prayers as we tackle this next issue.  Thanks ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

We had our local run for the Boston injured tonight, at the clock in downtown Flint. This has been the local meeting place for runners in Flint for some 16 yrs on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Tonight they placed a plague there that says your not done until you touch the clock so about 250 of us did tonight. I got a little over 4 miles this evening at a fast pace for me given my state of fitness and my weight. Probably only 1 more run before weekend, and possible 5k Saturday Quatro deMayo Run well all

Mariposai

40 minutes of sunny, lake-trail running with some hill repeats in the middle.  I have very suddenly become very slow.  I'm going to write it off to the volume I'm adding, but it's frustrating even though I know what's happening.  Ah, well.  This, too, shall pass.

Succumbed to peer pressure and registered for an idiotic cycling race at the end of the month.  One which will include probably 15 laps of a short course where the spectators crowd into "Crash Corner," because that is where all the action is.

Oy, vey.

See how she brings sparks and spice to our daily. I love this girl and I have never met her in person...hummmm...when is Victoria marathon ???

Marathon Derrick, it is so good to see you again. Have fun in your 5k. The Butterfly family is looking forward to our 3rd and probably last for a few year "Blomsday Posie family race". This is a 12k race.  The reason why I say that it will be a few years until the four of us can run this race all together again is because our oldest son has been assigned as a Peace Corps Volunteer to Macedonia.

A bike ride around the tulips field must be magnificent. We do have a large tulip field in WA State,

https://www.google.com/search?q=tulip+field+washington&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=T5iAUZ3EM8-QyQG0poCoBA&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=635

but I am sure it does not compare to the one Henrun and Marj are enjoying.

Spareribs, great blog! My DH and I always look forward to your blog postings.

Lesley, my prayers are with you and Shorty. HE will guide you through this one too. Stay strong, sistahh.

Hey, where is DG? I so enjoy her postings too.

Well, I did run a 10 miler this afternoon between meetings. I could have run 12 miles if I wrote my meeting time correctly Roll eyes.

So, Holly  has become a world traveler on us. Enjoy your seminar!

Hi Erika! Just because I am missing you my dear friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Bushrat Runner

Went to swim today, ended up not making it very far. Was talked into an early race, and that pretty much thrashed me for the rest of the workout. Was fun. But I am soooooo slow...got completely worked over.