Masters Running

Saturday, April 4th - it's the weekend run and what have you. (Read 449 times)

evanflein

Excellent run, Mariposai! How'd those 8:30 miles feel? Enjoy your taper now! Welcome home Twocat. Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I sure hope you can get an answer soon. Not having a definitive diagnosis has got to be really hard. Ok, all you gardeners, lawn mowers, lawn feeders, etc... I really don't want to hear it. Give me another month. I'm still dealing with this: That's the bike path on our road, about a mile from my house. Someone plows it regularly which is really nice, but it's not always done when I want to run on it! Downhill is easy, coming back up on that snow is a little harder. 9 hilly miles today, 8:28 avg pace. I feel pretty good about this run because I tried to take it pretty easy; didn't push it hard at all and got a pretty good average overall. Of course, being a hilly route my individual miles were all over the place, but they averaged out nicely. Smile
    Mariposai

Mariposai, you are one tough runner, now relax. It is all easy from here on in. Spareribs
      Cry just when I started liking those surprised spicy list of workout I have been receiving from you. Thanks ohhhhhh wiseone.......you have done your job....now it is up to the athlete to put it into good useBig grin go SKIPAZ go...he is doing his 100 miler right now. erika, that picture is glorious for the eyes, but what a nightmare for the runner. go hollyyyyyyyy goooooooooo

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Erika, it looks like that here, too. Sad We got about a foot of snow at home so far, and it's still snowing lightly. I had to drive DD to Boulder very early for her ACT test - we weren't sure how much longer the drive would take in the snow, so we left at 6:30 am. [Yawn] Anyway, I had 4 hours to kill while waiting for her, so I did the grocery shopping, then did a long run on the Boulder Creek bike path - 11 miles at an avg pace of 11:15 or so. Boulder only got about 3 inches of snow, and the bike path had been plowed, so it wasn't bad. Temp about 32 degrees, and it was really pretty with all the wet snow clinging to every branch and blade of grass. It always snows more here in the spring than in the winter, because the warmer air holds more moisture. We need the moisture badly, so we don't really mind. (Plus, we got away for a week in sunny California!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I saw SkipAZ in Umstead this evening and he sure lookef good at mile 70 being paced by his DS. Go Skip!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Ok, all you gardeners, lawn mowers, lawn feeders, etc... I really don't want to hear it. Give me another month. I'm still dealing with this:
            At least the sun is out Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

go SKIPAZ go...he is doing his 100 miler right now.
              100 miles - wow.....kind of makes my little run today seem like a walk in the park.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

Ok, all you gardeners, lawn mowers, lawn feeders, etc... I really don't want to hear it. Give me another month. I'm still dealing with this:
                I hate to rub this in but I'm planting potatoes today. After that if I have time I'll tune the mower up. Heh.

Not at it at all.