Masters Running

40's On the getgo ~ It's Independence Day !!!! (Read 383 times)

Happy 4th of July, Everyone! Safe and Happy BBQing, Fireworking, Traveling, and last, but most especially not least - RACING!!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

You too Leslie!! Smile ...kickin' about whilst DH sleeps in...he's such a workaholic...I'll get him up in time to tie his running shoes & head over to the 5K....the sun is shining, the haze is lying over the front range...it's already up to 65*F/86%H!!! Shocked on the way to upper 90's! I know, I know some of you folks out there are giggling @ me, but when I'm used to 6%-11% that's a huge difference! Anyway, should be a clear beautiful night for fireworks displays....(somebody is shooting off right now very close by - 7am!) I chatted w/the various people on the TRR...looks like I'll be able to do both to some degree..apparently my confusion wasn't random..they're still working out the kinks, as it were....as for charging fees, we'll figure that out as we go...I may be doing 'course spot work' @ one of the control stations + helping w/tents & gear....which apparently nets me lots of gear & shwag(?) so far, RD asked me what size shoe I wear! Wink GoreTex is one of the sponsors. Don't know if Mairead gets to go w/me or not...7 days @ the Continental Divide!! avg el. should be around 10,000+ Smile it's my plan to start spending much more time @ the mtn house before that & the Georgetown HM training run in 5 wks.... May the 4th be With You! C
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Happy 4th to all you 40's out there! Can't pretend to keep up w/ you guys this week, but I can see several racers, among them Kelly with a big ole 50 miler, and Mtnck w/ a fun 5K. So here's to smoking finishes for all! Smoking fast, not smoking anything else....oh, you know what I mean Smile To those in the "keep on keeping on" mode, way to go on that as well. Jewels, when I had my hip issue, I was advised by a very wise trainer to rest my leg or risk not being able to run again. I listened and rested and it worked wonders...5K PRs the following spring, etc. hint, hint...Wink However, this week has included zero running, and just walking my doggie charges has been exhausting. Cold got a-hold of me good, as did a couple of 11 hour days on the accounting job. Owner of the little CPA firm I work for has been out of town, so I've been sort of in charge, and being in charge is overrated Sleepy Spoiled clients with cash flow problems wanting to know where they stand all the time as month ends and books need to be closed...not a good combo. At any rate, I think the cold is on the ropes, but now hubby has caught it just in time for the weekend. So much for our planned painting project. I did hire a major flower bed cleanup and tree trimming done yesterday, and it made a world of difference. Oh, but this is supposed to be about running. I'm thinking a Monday morning run/walk is in order, as I start over....again....on the base building. Katy's paw is ready for action, so maybe she will join me, and I can blame my slowness and need to walks some on her Evil grin.
        Progress Trumps Pefection

flatland mountaineer

A quick Hi at all of ya. Grant NE firecracker 5k. Lynda PR 33:23 3rd place AG Jim PR 23:51 3rd place AG behind my winter running class mates Jonathan 18:05, Mark 20:ish Dad completed his 1 mile and wanted to go again!! Hi ho Hi ho its back to work we go, Lynda wants to go back to work.........not. Wink Wink

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Hey Awesome job Jim & Lynda!!! Congratulations on the PR's!! Woo-hoo!! LoneTree's Firecracker 5K: 9am 80+*F 86% Humidity! Shocked no PR for me..32:19:10 (Doug chose to run right beside me the whole time so, same time Confused ) ..went out too fast.... Roll eyes trying to get around all the walkers who'd lined up towards the start....& then just kept going - waay to far up the long steady hill up to halfway point, back down @ same grade ~ 350' rise...now, mind you I run this same loop frequently...but reversed...not that that matters...but I usually pace the first mile MUCH better.... Embarrassed I really really gotta work on that!!!!! Back to fencing till fireworks time......
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Top 'O the World!

Okay then, everybody must be still partying! Big grin neighborhood professional fireworks show aborted minutes into it...they lit the gully on fire! too close to several homes....one of two of these shortened professional shows last night...just too dry here!! going to push the 100* mark again today...but w/lower humidity! Tongue yesterday hit 97* 5.48 reeaal easy miles w/TNT group @ 7am (pretty sore feet from all the walking in Crocs yesterday!).....definitely a reverse progression! w/u mile @ 10:13 pc , did a couple more @ that pc, then settled in w/one of the slower/struggling newbies (ain't it fun that I can say that! Wink ) & chatted w/her all the way back in @ her pace - 12:20 run/walk ...hey! that's where I was just a few mos ago! {{{{continued Great Holiday Weekend Vibes to All! Smile }}}}}} C
                Just a quick bump. Gotta get the ready for the party. . . . . pray for me!! Big grin Wink

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance