Masters Running

12.28.15 Four days before (Read 40 times)

moebo

Happy Anniversary to Ribs and the Saint!

Tomwhite, I have never soaked my toothbrush in Listerine, either. Thanks for the advice!

Rose, thanks for asking about the twins. They are 23 now, and graduated from college in 2014. My experience with the difference between girls and boys after college seems to be similar to yours!

DD is currently working for The Nature Conservancy as an Urban Reslience Technician. The focus of her project is to use ecological and social metrics to create a series of tree canopy prioritization maps for the city of Bridgeport, CT. She is currently applying to graduate programs and hopes to start working on a doctorate in human geography next fall.

DS has had a variety of jobs (mostly temporary and low-paying) since he finished school, but right now has stumbled on a position as a long-term sub teaching French to middle-schoolers. He likes it pretty well, and is thinking about trying to make it into a career. He is going to apply to the alternate route to certification program in our state, which would allow him to start work next year. But who knows--he has been known to change his mind...

I admit I am kind of looking forward to the snowy weather coming in tomorrow. I love running in the early morning freshly-fallen snow, as long as the plows haven't been out yet. And if that doesn't work out, I can always go down to the basement treadmill, which I actually enjoy now and then.

Oops, I posted before I could tell Tammy that I am happy she has her brother around! I have three sisters but am only close to one of them. I kind of wish we all got along a little better.

And Leslie, congratulations on the new computer! I laughed at how surprised you sounded to have gotten it going so easily.

.....'tis a sad day when I become The Voice of Reason.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Better yet: buy a new toothbrush, then start the soaking.....

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It's a sad day when I'm nore interested in toothbrushes

than in running but anything would be better than

all these meetings. Fortunately, they end tomorrow, . . . I think.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Well...the last time I checked, a ticket to Jackson, MS was up to over $500.  So, unless Tuesday really is the best time to buy tickets, I won't be doing a marathon until the New England Challenge in May.  I thought about flying into nearby cities and driving but they're all high, too.  I think Atlanta was in the $300's but, after paying for a rental car, I don't think it's worth the 6 1/2 hour drive.  We'll see.

Tonight's scheduled run was 10 miles with 6 x 1 at 6:42 with a 1/4 mile recovery between each.  With the marathon plans seemingly coming to an end, it was pretty tough to even think about going out into the cold wind and, when Debbie asked if I'd through some steaks on the grill--I came real close to just calling it quits and grabbing a beer.  But--I went ahead and took off for my run.  I ended up doing my 1 milers in an average of 6:30.  So...it was a good run...and I enjoyed my steak a whole lot more than if I hadn't gone.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mike - check if Delta still has the $806 promotional to Japan for a homecoming marathon over here that weekend.  It's gunna happen eventually, you know.

ps holly - I kind of chuckled at your comment but it came true to day from 0am - 6pm.

Good thing I must have been hydrated from Monday's extravaganza like happenede when, after a morning marathon super hydrated me,  I made it to Narita Airport and across the Pacific Oceanl.l

Fortunately, tomorrow's is supposed start a New Year's break after lunch.

we'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)