Masters Running

Wednesday, 6.22.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sorry about the foot injuries and resultant sulk, TW. Don't worry - you've got plenty of support here.

I'm jealous of your extra hour's sleep, Stumpy. Some day...

Good 5-mile foot 'mute, Tet.

Nice run for you too, Marj.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARIES, Holly, Twocat, Evanflein & Mike!

I hope it was only a cleaning, Aamos. Nice early 8. Great shot of Brooke Sweat - congrats to her for making the O team!

A good 5 for Tselbes too.

Great news (relatively speaking) from the sports doc, Holly. I hope she's right.

When was the last time you did intervals, Twocat? If it has been a while, I'll bet that is the culprit.

Good job squeezing in a run, Evanflein.

We had a good trip to Brooklyn & Long Island. Our 87 year-old aunt is becoming more and more dependent on other people and hates losing her independence. On one hand, she says she's ready to cash out, but on the other, she says she's afraid. We feel so bad for her for being stuck in that situation. Gratefully,, her kids and friends are doing as much as they can to allow her as much independence as she can handle.

7.2 fartlek RW miles in delightful 57F temps this morning, under a near-fool moon before the sun crept up. It took a lot of work to get some speed going in my quick segments, but I finally go there. I need to do that once a week or I'm just going to gradually slow down. I may slow down anyway, but I'm not going to go easily.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back, Jay.  It was pleasnat this morning, wasn't it?

4 miles for me just after sunrise.  Not fast, not slow, just felt good.  I'd be more than happy if it was in the 50's every morning all summer long.

Popular week for weddings, apparently.  Happy Anniversary to all!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

2 mile walk this morning for me in 75 degrees.

That's it, time to get back to work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein it is not a subscription. It is rule #1 in the running rule book! What is with this group! Get copies and read it! 

Mike E happy pre-anniversary!

Holly S. because $$! It seems nobody wants to look at guys playing volleyball, or anything else in speedos. I guarantee that your half of the species started spending money to see them in speedos they would be wearing them in very, very short order. (Yes, pun intended! )

stumpy77 you are a guy and you have to ask why they put the men in broad shorts and the gals in thongs? 

coastwalker under a full moon?! This time of year! How early did you start! 

Ran 6 this morning with my old training partner. Way back when, I stopped running for a couple of years due to my hamstrings. Then I returned and she had stopped. Well, it appears she is starting up again and I am running so we are back to running together and making plans for future runs. Next Wednesday it looks like I have a running partner for another 6 mile run.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

stumpy77 you are a guy and you have to ask why they put the men in broad shorts and the gals in thongs? 

Trying to avoid the trout slaps from the female contingent around here.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I admit that I was a bit shocked at that photo Amy posted, yikes! Now I know why I don't like volleyball.  So sorry about being on the DL, tomwhite.  You too, Holly, but I know you both will persevere. You too Deez and anyone else, oh yeah, Henrun.  Say, didn't dg have issues too, and she ran a tough relay, nice comeback!

Well Monday was the start of my 12 week Half Marathon plan for Sioux Falls.  Monday was a rest day but I ran 3 miles since I was busy yesterday. We had a big thunderstorm last night and after a fitful 5 hours of sleep I finally decided to get up at 3:41.  I got ready to go run but before I got out there it started to rain again and I really didn't want to run in the rain and in the dark (plus there is that stinkin' rule!).  I did get mostly packed for vacation up north though. The coolers and stuff to throw in the truck and boat won't take too long to get ready.

We had a strange turn of events recently.  DD#1 owns a house in town and she finally received an offer on it.  That sold last Friday, yeah!  Then MrStarr was going through our 4-plex apartment building (built in 1893) with a contractor to repair some cement work in the basement.  He is the "builder" half of Johnson Builders and Realty, where MrStarr used to sell real estate. He is a good trusted friend as well and advised us to sell it,  We decided that was a good idea and didn't want to own The Money Pit anymore. Well, we met with the "realty" half yesterday and they made us an offer which will get us out of the ongoing issues, including vacancies, repairs, etc.  They want to do an inspection themselves (MrStarr is a Home Inspector, ironically) tomorrow. Another ironic tidbit is that the building used to be owned by these two brothers' grandparents.  I sure hope it all works out, just one less worry right now.

MrStarr asked me to go to his cardiology appointment today over my lunch hour and we have Celebrate Recovery around 6pm so probably won't get to run today.  I am just hoping to stay awake today!

Happy Anniversary to all the RA couples!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Five sunny morning running miles.

amy - my computer doesn’t show
                the feet part of the picture

but I hope there's no thongs

there foo.

Is a beach VB'er just as good

at regular VB and vice versa

or does sand and attire

make a difference?

ps rogue relayers - love the progressive
                installment narrative rendition  RR idea..
                was that our opie there too?
                thanks for posting here.

{{{ WC}}}

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sayhey! MM#130

tip toeing in...shhh, but found a way to watch the Cleveland parade while I work......so happy for Cleveland!

Just a 10K this am.  And one swifter 10K last night after work.  Just enjoying our lower humidity while it lasts.....as is DH.  On his bike.  Oh, and I couldn't run with him; it's a racing bike and that's what he likes, the speed.

Maybe my hometown heroes have been besotted by all the moon business.  Maybe it'll be good tonight (they're on TV!)

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

I ran 2 before work yesterday and 3 this morning.  I was going to run 5 but I over ate last night and I was lucky to do anything today.  I was stressed from work and Cindy was out for the evening, so I got a pizza and ate twice as much as I planned to.

Since moving to WV I have been trying different places to get my haircut.  Today I went a locally owned barber shop and salon. (I thought it said saloon, but alas, it did not.)  The guy really zapped me good but Cindy didn't laugh when she saw me so it must not be too bad.  I did like the way he shaped up the beard I started growing last month.

I think I'll be much faster in my next run.

mrrun

Nice runs and walks this morning.  No running yet for me as DD & grandkids were here for an overnight.  Went to the dig at the Old North Church and found the usual suspects of ceramics, shells, bones (bird, cat, etc).  Before we arrived others found an intact bone die from 1800's - just tried to copy it but for some reason wouldn't work

have a fun rest of the day,

marj

Holly, I'm glad you've got a diagnosis.  It doesn't sound too bad.  Twocat, happy anniversary.  Starr, good news your daughter's house sold and you got an offer on your apartment complex.  Twocat, good job on the speedwork.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and almost calm.  I got in 3 miles at an 11:16 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

evanflein it is not a subscription. It is rule #1 in the running rule book! What is with this group! Get copies and read it! 

Good job on unloading properties, Starr! When that's what you want to do, it sure is nice to get it done. When is the Sioux City Half?

Dave, I frequently seem to eat way more than I planned to. Not sure why, other than I'm just a natural glutton. Good thing I run as much as I do...

Holly, glad to hear you found a doc who practices more conservative medicine. The rush to test and image is a big driver behind our health care cost crisis.

I can't believe it's been a month since Green Bay. It feels like it was just a week or two ago. My legs sure feel that way. I'm trying to put together a loose plan for fall whether it's marathons or just travel. With Equinox in mid-September, I'm thinking a mid-October to mid-November something might be nice. Then again, we do want to go to New York in December, mainly just to play and go see HallyBarb. Anyone else thinking of non-Portland fall stuff?

Much nicer day today but a pretty brisk wind so I had a headwind on my outbound run this afternoon. That means a nice tailwind on the way back, which is always fun. 6.1 miles total.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 10 miles, tonight.  I was supposed to do the 6 miles in the middle at marathon pace...I managed 2...then struggled for the last 6 miles.  I don't know why I think I can just go out and get right into intense training after taking 3 weeks off.   I'll try it again next week.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Happy anniversary to the love birds in the group. June is a perfect marriage month it seems like.

I have enjoyed the Rogue Relay pictures and report. Fun RA family time.

Holly, be careful. Even waking or biking can aggravate your knee and make your recovery time longer.

I did run 5 miles today in a total new trail run, it is surprising that I can still find new running routes.

Cheers, tomorrow is Boot Camp day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Lots of good vibes going out.

SteveP