Masters Running

Sunday Morning Coming Down...... (Read 359 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{PDR’s knee}}}

{{{Slo’s head}}}

{{{TomS}}} – just because…

Francesca – simply, you rock!

CNYrunner – nicely done!  Judging from all the shorts and singlets in the photos, it looks to have been fairly mild weather for it.  (or those are some hardy folks)

Jlynne – nice racing!

Erika – I asked DH about some of his wine favorites, and he gave me 3 that he likes a lot: Legado Munoz merlot, Guenoc cabernet sauvignon, and Red Diamond cabernet sauvignon.  Do you have any suggestions for him?

3 recovery-paced miles for me this morning on the TM (10:31), followed by an hour of weights and core work. 

Dinner last night went well, and I have been grazing on the leftovers all day.  Would someone please help me with the cake and gingersnaps before I eat the rest all by myself? 

Oops.  Too late….

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Dinner last night went well, and I have been grazing on the leftovers all day.  Would someone please help me with the cake and gingersnaps before I eat the rest all by myself? 

Oops.  Too late….

I will I will!!!...  sigh.   missed it by that much. 

On the Sunday morning sidewalk,
        Wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
        'Cos there's something in a Sunday,
        Makes a body feel alone.
        And there's nothin' short of dyin',
        Half as lonesome as the sound,
        On the sleepin' city sidewalks:
        Sunday mornin' comin' down.

Gotta love Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson (sp?).

Francesca - You are incredible.  {{{Virtual leg massage}}}

6 "easy" this a.m. in beautiful, cool conditions.  Although I was again reminded why I prefer running predawn - too much traffic when the sun comes up.  However, a fair number of the drivers were willing to give way and didn't try to crowd me into the parked cars, so that was a nice.

My Pops is coming over this afternoon for a late Thanksgiving dinner.  New Yorks, grilled carrots and potatoes, toasty roasted garlic bread, and root beer floats for dessert.  Mmmmmm!

Have a good one, folks.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Turkey Tetrazinni for the Hall house today also.

Francesca,

2 marathons in two days. I am simply in awe. I am also curious. hmm. I love challenges, as if just one marathon is not enough. 

Tom,

we could have run together today. Speaking of that I look forward to running a race with you soon. You are in much better running shape now than last year . Maybe one during the winter?

6  miles 55:00 in the rain. I was working on my wood flooring in the basement and passed on all the early morning sun. I got out just in time for the start of the rain. No worries though I hardly noticed until the end when the deluge really started.

Ok I am really jonesing for some ginger snaps now. I guess I need to get My DW to make some. (one of her specialties)

Fun runs for everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

wildchild

Carolyn

I wonder how Francesca did on that 2nd marathon?  Can't wait for the RR!

PDR, take care of that knee. Smart to cut your run short today.

Karin, congrats on a good race yesterday, without a watch! 3rd in AG and very speedy.

Jeanne, nice race for you, too.

Sweet that Woods Lady and Maraposai got to run together yesterday. Any pictures?

No leftover turkey here - my sister is stuck with it.

I took Tazzie and Ladybug out for about 8 miles on a clear and chilly afternoon. 29° and sunny, so it was nice at the start, but on the way home my hands started to get really cold, even in gloves, and I pulled my shirt sleeves down too.

One more day in November,  then it'll be time to tally up the monthly miles. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Eliz, if you've done 6, you only have 20.2 more to do. That should help.

Just found out DS2's team beat an undefeated team for their last game! This other team was leading their bracket, hadn't even been scored on in prior games. This little rag tag team from Alaska comes along and beats them 2 to 1. Ha Good for them. It's the first game they've won the whole tournament, so they won't advance, but what a way to end it for them! 

Erika,  I bet that made her feel all better!  ;-).    How cool for DS2's team!     

and hugs to you.   I've been in a bit of the same thing, am pulling out a bit.  At least the last 4 runs have gone better.

Eliz, hang in there.  It's probably just part of the process.  If you want to you could make your log public (I know, look who's talking! ) and maybe someone would have some ideas that might help. 

hi everybody.   I think I'm zoned out on virtual ginger snaps, but whatever the cause, I don't have it in me to catch up right now.     WTG to all the turkey trotters!    Tammy, nice job..and I'm glad David did well.   is he happy about it?

Woods Lady...  that stinks about the race organization!  But you did a great job.  Congratulations! 

PBJ  Smile

SteveP... you too.  Smile

Holly, great news from H&R block!!

Too many great long runs to mention right now.

Francesca you are amazing.  Can't wait to hear how it went.

I'll report for yesterday & today... a cut back week so not too exciting.

Saturday.. 1.1 miles with Sadie at a 10.17 pace, then  2.01 miles with me at a 9:35 pace.   I felt good about this because it was in my hilly neighborhood, & I chose the hillier spots.   The pace was better than I expected, & better than it felt.     Although--- maybe it wasn't really.  I think I need to check the callibration on my Polar.  I checked it a little today & the results were mixed.. close, but it might be off a little.  sigh. 

Today, 25F. & foggy to start, but it ended up very nice (Carolyn we should have run together)...  8.15 miles, 9:53 av. pace as far as I know. max 8:59.  miles were 10:08, 9:41, 9:50, 9:45, 9:54, 9:49,9:53, 10:03.    Nothing hurt very much which was very cool!     Just  a few whispers.

PDR, good luck with your knee!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hello everybody!

Well I did it, and what can I say....I will certainly do it again!!!!.. 

I'll save the details for a RR which I promise I'll write soon!!

Still, I had to come into work after all the daily fun,  I can't wait  now to go home and take a nap!!!

Thanks for the kind words,

I really don't deserve them!

Francesca  

Henrun

Great use of leftovers tonight-Marj made a Pasta of Turkey and Mushrooms, Risotto Style (adapted from a chicken recipe on Mark Bittman's Blog in the N.Y. Times), served with steamed broccoli, cranberry relish and garlic french baguette. Instead of our usual red wine Marj had champagne and I had a Bloody Mary.       

Of course, we did run this morning along the Charles on a delightful mild (50) day-14 for Marj and 13 for me.

In the afternoon we sat in a local cafe, drinking coffee and watching a rally across the street for one of the Democratic senatorial candidates.

Renee the dog

Hello everybody!

Well I did it, and what can I say....I will certainly do it again!!!!.. 

COOL!!!! I love reading posts like that!

Oh, ok, back to the wallpapering....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Got a superb deal on a Christmas tree today. We went to a local tree farm to cut our own. We found a great tree for $25 and best part was it came with pine cones still attached, and they didn't even charge extra for it.

Free pine cones! Score!!

Tammy