Masters Running

It's Friday!! When the temps are high day 8/13/10 (Read 521 times)

SteveP

Steve .

you are right about trombone players.....my brother was one....something  about emptying all that spit out of the bottom really grossed everyone out.

"Hey Babe, wanna come to my room in Mom's basement and polish my brass?" Never seemed to be a good pick up line.....After 42 years, I finally gave it up.

SteveP

Tet - if I'd only thought to take a picture of the first wipe out.......it was much better.....whole knee covered in red.

<<sekrit.........soaring eagle park........issaquah plateau.......sekrit>>

unfortunately I have not made it up to cougar mountain yet this summer but now that you bring it up, sunday would be a good day for it.

I've got 2 big bandaids packed in my fanny pak ready for my next gravel kiss.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Easy on the trombone players. Here's one one my favorites, Craig Harris:

YouTube - CRAIG HARRIS 

I first saw him in the '80's, playing with Sun Ra. I've seen him in several different venues, either playing the 'bone or a didjeridoo. Fun stuff.

7.6 miles easy.....5k tomorrow. Walt.

I'm too tired to look over the thread, so will peruse it later.

Got in my longest ever treadmill run this morning.  Got up at 4:30 and put in 2:40 = 15 miles, including some "climbing," then I did about 15 min of core work.  I was the first person in the fitness room, so I commandeered the only big fan.  Heh, heh.  It wasn't horrible running on The Mill, but it wasn't fun either. Such is life, though, and I got it done.  Now I just need to fit in 10 more somewhere. (Well, actually 15, but I'm thinking it's gonna only be 10.)

So got a phone call this morning from The Hub.  He got in a car accident last night.  In town, there's a sort of sharp corner going from Broadway to 5th Street.  The guy in the lane next to him (3-lane road) came over into his lane.  The Hub, trying to not him, ended up hitting the meridian, then bounced across the 3 lanes and hit the sidewalk on the other side.  Airbags deployed and everything.  He's not seriously hurt, but he's sore.  From the damage he described, I'm pretty sure they'll end up totaling my poor car.   I love that little car.  A 1999 Nissan Altima.  Almost 110,000 miles on it.  I probably could've gotten another 100,000 out of it easy.  Oh, and the guy who caused the accident?  Never stopped, so our insurance has to cover everything.

Okay - this ended up being a novel.  I gotta get cleaned up for the reception.  Have a safe and happy weekend, friends.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

(((((Leslie and Hubby)))))

You're much more than a running buddy to us...Novel any time you want

SteveP

I used to play the trombone.......

I rest my case.

Vista

(((Leslie's Nissan Altima)))

(((ugly ferrets everywhere)))

Maniac 505

Leslie,  so sorry to hear the wreck,  Tim may chime in (he is the expert) but I can pretty much guarantee,  if the air bags went off on that car (even if it is a fender bender) that car is totaled,  as I recall,  it will cost over $1000 to replace each air bag!

Enke,  hope your knee is healing OK, 

Timbo:  recovery means take it easy,  but we all know, you don't know what that means

I have had to put in 14 hour days the last two days,  have to get up at 4:30 in the AM for work (sorry,  unlike some of you,  I can't get up at 2:30 to go for a run)  that means I missed my runs the last two days

I don't know how many miles I will get in before the midnight marathon.  once again, my training is lacking,  I have no worries about finishing the nevada run, but I am not getting in the training I want to have for twin cities in the fall.

We will see,?"??

Dave

Maniac 505

Hi Renee,  once again,  I just missed you

Mariposai

dave, don't worry. YOu will do just great in Nevada and twin cities is still far away.

go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

.....After 42 years, I finally gave it up.......

...I love it........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....