Masters Running

Happy New Year 1-1-14 (Read 41 times)

deez4boyz congratulations on a new PR!  Yes, a great way to end the year!

Day after day I think to myself I have to figure out how to start the daily given coastwalker's schedule.  Then, I go back to sleep.  But here wildchild has found the answer; move to Thailand!  Wahoo, I figure yes how much easier can it get.  So I tell DW, "Honey how about we move to Thailand so I can start the RA master's daily?"  I figure she will see what a great idea this is and jump on board.  But to my surprise she said no.  Well actually, she said a lot of other things too but no sort of sums it up.    So, I thought I just picked the wrong place.  Maybe eastern Europe then?  (Western Europe is too close to coastwalker's time zone for me to have a reasonable chance of ever starting the daily.)  Somehow though this did not go any better and I am pretty sure the word divorce was uttered at one point.  Perhaps, I should think about having as a new year's resolution to stop thinking places to move so that I can start the daily.

In running news:  Off for 8 today.  If it is not snow much tomorrow morning I will shoot for another 8 then.  Otherwise, my next run will be on a treadmill this Friday.  Right now the weather forecast is brutal!  There is a nor'easter approaching and it will not only dump snow all over us but bring in evanflein temperature levels.  Well, evanflein late fall or early spring temperatures but still pretty dang cold in my book and way too cold to run outside!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Mariposai's pizza party sounds like a lot of fun. We haven't done fondue in ages, but it sure is good.

Denise, nice time for your 10k! Woohoo, and you were concerned about having given blood recently. Not a problem, obviously!

Carolyn, have fun in Thailand! I think we were at some of the same places in Bangkok you described. That was a wonderful trip, and I still have some skirts and dresses handmade there.

Twocat, your wife is a patient woman. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

10.1 miles today, outside in just about IRC for winter running conditions. I sure wish we'd have more days like this here! It was 16° when I left, and it did get noticeably colder by the time I was finishing. My chin did get cold, but not too bad. Otherwise, the footing was great on the freshly plowed bikepath all the way. Only a couple of slippy spots where there is still ice from the freezing rain we had earlier. It was so nice to get out in the bright sunshine, even though the sun set while I was out there and finished in the darkening twilight. Tomorrow will be a bit colder and we might get snow, but I might try to get outside again because I have the day off work and it'd be a shame to waste it!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too deezie, there’s a lot more inspiration here than just running.
        Congratulations on another goddess December PR.  Wow.
        Jay, I used to count tour de france cadences up to 220 sometimes

on the super hors.  Is cycling good x-training for race-walking?
        No particular reason wildchild but can you arrange a Japan stopover

to visit your friends?  <<<(I'm going over there tomorrow)>>>
        Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Happy New Years all.

Tet - have fun in Japan.  Looks like Sue and I will be moving in July, so still some time to run a couple of marathons (Ave of the Giants).  I may also being going over for a couple of weeks late March early April.  I sent you a friend request in face book earlier today.  Yes, I have that picture.

Erica - Sue, Josh and I visited some friends that were stationed in Japan about 25 yrs ago for a few days while traveling to Korea on a shopping trip while stationed in Guam.  She is very excited about our new adventure.  We plan on doing some traveling while there too.  Makes the western pacific islands a shorter and cheaper flight.

Started my training for Ave of the Giants today.  7 miles easy paced run and 24 minutes high energy cross training.  Lots of squats, planks, pushups, jumps, etc.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

MM #7877

Got in 14.something miles today. Kinda like the idea of 14 miles to start 2014.

Philippians 4:13.