Masters Running

Friday, July 9 Master Runs and so on and so forth........ (Read 387 times)

Renee the dog

Two lousy hours of sleep last night left me in a foul mood this morning. I was POed that the wind was coming from the North, and scrapped my morning run. (When I get pissy, I sure go down over anything!)

A morning nap and a gallon of coffee later, I did get 3 mi in on the TM.  Renee and I are planning on another 3 mi at sunset.  Have to get up early tomorrow and crank some miles out too as I'll be celebrating my nephew's graduation later in the day.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

It's sure tough starting over...but it'll get easier

.......lynden//.............hey, you know the drill....

.....and it won't be as tough as you think......the Hard Part's getting Out There.

ETA-

..nono//........EVERYTHING

looks better after a gallon of coffee...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thankie holly.  I’d heard about the dancing rock’n’roll goddesses but never saw it. 
        Wow.  Just when I was getting over missing it too.
        posie - gracias.  runnin’s just a current substitute for hikin’ anyway.
        lynden.  Sorry. What happened.  Any Seattle events on the agenda?
        Are you still in prison?
        Hi dove.  Are you still running watchless for running’s sake instead of for the clock. 
        I would guess so if you’re still aiming at the Javelina 100-miler in October.
        Thanks again for the ride from Newport. 

Just let me know when you and ds are ready for Japan.
        However, sorry I couldn’t open a recent e-mail but sent back some ideas re White River.
        In particular, if you’re still thinking about one of the White River Endurance 50-miler mountains as a training run, though the first climb up-and-down to Corral Pass (miles 0-27) might make it possible to complete the second climb up Sun Top Mountain too as happened to me on my second try, it’s very steep with a greater risk of injury (especially on the screaming, never-ending switch-backing descent sometimes over major windfalls).  Therefore, especially if it stays this hot, Sun Top might be more suited to your carefree running, if at all.  Good luck.

See SRL’s rr
          http://srlopez-maniac111.blogspot.com/2008/08/72608-white-river-50-miler.html

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Renee the dog

ETA-

..nono//........EVERYTHING

looks better after a gallon of coffee...

So true, so true. 

Renee and I did get another easy 3 mi in tonight.  Wind was from the East, so I had no reason to be annoyed.

G'night all!  Enjoy your morning runs!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Good to see that nono had her siesta and a nice run tonight.

Nite, nite nono.

Lynden it is soooo good to see you back here. Be patient, my friend...IT will come back to you sooner than you think. I am so glad you are back at running.

Ok...a disclaimer here....just because I can swim 1200m (or 200mx6 with a minute or two of rest) does not make me a swimmer.I am awful at swimming, heck, I don't even like to put my face in the water...so my style compromises terribly...who wants to look at the bottom of the pool, anyway.

Seriously...you should have seeing me tonight...the only adult swimmer there, water splashing everywhere while the young ones doing their butterfly style so beautifully.. Anyway, another 1200m done to cool off. IT was 103 here today.

I may have to modify my running plan since it is going to be mighty hot out there.

Great weekend to you all.

Holly, dg and all with ouchies....be gently to your bodies....please.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Good to see you Gordon!!!

SteveP