Masters Running

Tuesday, 7.19.16 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tet, I have no streaks to speak of - that's never been a goal of mine. you can take me off the Semi-DL; my ankle issue comes and goes, but is never a big enough issue to warrant special mention.

Holly, I agree with Evanflein that you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you swear off PTs forever. Many are very good and helpful, and don't rip you off. Meanwhile, I like your feisty attitude in dealing with this bloody expensive PT group. If the billing woman won't work with you, just go over her head. Show no mercy - take no prisoners! Meanwhile, good luck with figuring out DD's issue. I hope it is something easliy-fixable.

Sounds like a great time with Annabelle, Dave, except for the stuffed cat shot and hard fall. Hopefully there are no more injuries in her future!

Don't worry about the pace bunny, Evanflein, and good luck with the doc. tomorrow. There'll be time when you're foot is better to catch up to that silly wabbit, if you fall behind.

Henrun, I'm sorry if we were too hard on you on Sunday. I hope you'll come back when you're bionic.

RCG, what quick progress you are making, post-surgery! Keep up the good work. But I don't know about the binge-watching and strange eating...

Hi Fatozzig. Congrats on being lazy yesterday, and good luck and have fun in Portland!

Nice swim/run duathlon workout, Deeze. You're not alone - I'm not a dress shopper either.

Sorry about the tough situation with your son, Jlynne. I'm not smart enough to be able to help, but it seems that you got some good 'legal' advice from Tet.

I went for a much-needed and overdue massage late yesterday. She beat me up, and it hurt real good. But I feel a lot better today, so it was worth it. I went 4.4 RW miles in very muggy weather this morning. I almost packed it in after 2 because my mo-jo was a no-go. But I stretched it out a little bit more, and then did a lot of beneficial stretching when I got back.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Don't have any real idea of what kind of law Tet practises, but I want him on my side if I ever need one.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks stumps and jay.
        however, don’t tell jeanne (or amy)
        that I don’t know anything about family law,

just being a good lawyer pretending I do. .
        Five miles
        Unless it’s next to a lake for fishin’ or mountain for hikin’,
        a summer day like today is made for a five mule ‘mute.
        ps dave - you have a unbelievably tolerant angel of a DD for letting Annabell stop by again on the way back with a GF who popped her in the left eye with the stuffed cat and whose allowing her to fall on the concrete floor resulted in four hours in the emergency room to make sure her arm wasn’t broken, . . . . or Annabell can keep a pretty good secret. Incidentally, who’s takin’ her between grandparents or is she on her own already?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tet is much too humble about his legal prowess. 

Crazy busy day today; normal work, plus a 2+ hr CLE that I've organized for our county's bar members. The very confusing maze of program eligibility, time computation, etc. with Oregon Dept. of Corrections. If that doesn't make an attorney's head spin, I don't know what does.

Tammy

Henrun

Jay, you weren't hard on me. I was hard on me

By the next day I felt fine and even incorporated some rw techniques into our evening walk.

Continuing our summer of short trips we're on Cape Cod for 2 days. Tonight we're taking in a Cape baseball game-played by top college players- something I've wanted to do for years.

dg.

hi  :  )

Jay, thanks for the recap.     Except it makes it impossible to start at one point & go forward.    Last time I tried that (gave myself a cut off date)

I'd missed Rosie's dream & I can't remember what else.  

In any case.   I'm working on lurking.

Just a once  blue moon Tuesday drive by. Kicking off marathon training, using my hit and run approach, with just 8 weeks of focused training. Not like I'm picking up from scratch, as I've averaged in the mid-50s this year and had several weeks in the 60s during June. Goal is low or sub 3 at altitude, sub 3 if at sea level.  I have four choices on the last weekend of Sept, but will likely stay local in the Denver-Boulder area. One of my possibilities is in Scottsbluff Neb. looks like it could be hot there, and no trees, but the badlands landscape is intriguing. Has anyone here done that one?

Recovering from 36K of road relay in Scandinavia 2.5 weeks ago and felt like crap on Sunday's long run (at 9K feet), but after an unscheduled rest day yesterday, felt good for 15K this morning, and planning on 65-70 for the week.

Hi Erika, saw the other day that you talked to Bob and good to hear that he's doing better. After hearing about it I emailed them, saying that he's got to find better ways to get some press! (you have to know Bob, because that's exactly what he'd say to you if you were in the same situation). We miss Alaska this time of year. Hot, dry and crowded in Colorado, even in the mountains.

Holly S. the person in the billing department is paid to tell you one thing only, you owe the full amount. I vote with coastwalker on this, try to make their lives as miserable as possible if they will not be reasonable about your bill. Outside of litigation you can pressure them. Try writing a letter to every local newspaper, printed or online whatever that people in your town read. In it explain what happened and the result so far. It may get published and that will likely spur some action from the hospital in your favor. Have your boss send a letter if he can think of some grounds for potentially making their lives miserable. Write your local state and federal representatives asking for help. Hospitals are heavily government subsidised and regulated, a letter from your local elected representative can do wonders. The billing department at your hospital hopes more than anything you will hang your head and quietly pay up one way or the other. I would do everything legally possible to make sure life is not as quiet as they want.

As to quiet I have not run since Saturday. After the race the knuckle to my right big toe was sore as was the tendon (?) leading to it. Yesterday I think I found the cause. I loosened my walking around sneakers and all of a sudden my toe started to feel better! It is not quite 100% yet and based on the better safe than sorry principle I am going to keep off it until it is.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

My wife Cindy took Annabelle up to Michigan. Cindy is going to do some contract work for her old employer, so she is working on-site up there while Annabelle goes camping.

I'm in the office today and didn't run before coming here so it is a rest day.

I did a core workout last night and my right forearm and hand went numb like I hit my funny bone.  I think I have something out of place in my back. That could also be why I start feeling a pain between my shoulder blades after a couple miles of running.

I have an appointment with the doctor in a couple weeks so I'll ask him about it.  This all happened before and the doctor did a stress test and a brain MRI. Both of which came back ok. The symptoms and their occurrence was a little fuzzier back then so maybe with extra information we can figure out what is happening.

With any luck he'll tell me to take a month or more off running and I can scrap the crazy idea of running a 15-mile race over Labor Day weekend.

evanflein

Hey so good to see Roger and Dg here today! Roger, did you do that race with Jane?? That looked like so much fun. She did a 50k before the relay, right? <note to everyone else, this was a team of runners from Alaska running in Norway> Nice to see you guys here!

Good advice, Tet. And yes, always too humble. GL with all that, Jlynne.

I missed saying Hi and good work on the surgery/recovery to RCG the other day. I agree it seems after a weekend of lounging the activity picked up quite a bit. That's ok after that procedure? Take care!

Not much else to say here. Foot is feeling better but still not near 100%. It is getting better though so still not sure about the doc appointment tomorrow. They did call to remind me that I have a large deductible and they'll be collecting in full tomorrow. Like I needed reminding.... Debating going out for an easy run today or not. At least it's not raining (currently).

Hi everyone,

It seems everyone is on the mend so that's a good sign.  Tets streak may not have to go into the next month at this rate.

6.5 easy pace for me tonight. I may be forced into a back week this week. Tomorrow is a follow up at the dentist to discuss what to do with the crown they just drilled through to do my root canal. I probably will not run tomorrow because I go to bed shortly after my appointment. 7PM  and then we are supposed to be flirting with 100 degrees for a few days at the end of the week so that will make me cut back also. I have been running in the 90s the last few weeks but must admit they are far from quality. Staying hydrated  is impossible at that temp. On the bright side with all this heat training if I decide to do Badwater I'll be acclimated. ☀️🔥🏜

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Hey so good to see Roger and Dg here today! Roger, did you do that race with Jane?? That looked like so much fun. She did a 50k before the relay, right? <note to everyone else, this was a team of runners from Alaska running in Norway> Nice to see you guys here!

Good advice, Tet. And yes, always too humble. GL with all that, Jlynne.

I missed saying Hi and good work on the surgery/recovery to RCG the other day. I agree it seems after a weekend of lounging the activity picked up quite a bit. That's ok after that procedure? Take care!

Not much else to say here. Foot is feeling better but still not near 100%. It is getting better though so still not sure about the doc appointment tomorrow. They did call to remind me that I have a large deductible and they'll be collecting in full tomorrow. Like I needed reminding.... Debating going out for an easy run today or not. At least it's not raining (currently).

Yes Jane was on the team (Alaska Salmon Runners). Not only did she do the 50K on the Sunday before but a 15K trail race two nights before that. The core team had about 17 runners, and one day a family of 3 Norwegian-Alaskans each ran a short leg.

The relay was a blast and I want to go back in a couple years. We stopped off in Iceland and I'm hoping to do Reykjavik Marathon maybe even next year, along with a vacation week there.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Holly, I am with Erika and Jay.  I have gotten good results from PTs vs. MDs.  And keep us updated on DD's condition..

Glad you're good, Rosie, and Annabelle too.

Not much time: DH is off early Saturday for a family powwow and we're getting him ready to go.  Feels as if it takes a villiage.

Starr, God Bless.

I have nothing to add to what counselor tet offered, Jlynne, except a listening virtual ear whenever.

We're also considering a move, just in Ft. Myers.

6 this am, 5 tonight.

grins to you all,

A  .........sayhey Stumps, marj and henrun, pshew after that 1st, eh?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

Just a once  blue moon Tuesday drive by. Kicking off marathon training, using my hit and run approach, with just 8 weeks of focused training. Not like I'm picking up from scratch, as I've averaged in the mid-50s this year and had several weeks in the 60s during June. Goal is low or sub 3 at altitude, sub 3 if at sea level.  I have four choices on the last weekend of Sept, but will likely stay local in the Denver-Boulder area. One of my possibilities is in Scottsbluff Neb. looks like it could be hot there, and no trees, but the badlands landscape is intriguing. Has anyone here done that one?

Howdie and I am so glad to see your post here. It seems like all of us will have a great time cheering you onto your sub 3 marathon at sea level.

Yeap, I agree with Tammy, that Tetsujin is way too humble about his law knowledge.

Enkie, how is life, sistahh.

Jlynne, butterfly hugs to you with your son. You know we are here for you.

Holly, did you get your itemized bill yet? You might as well post it here so we can all shine in with your input.

Well, today saw me with 6 miles, 3 at tempo very early in the morning. Then a full day of work and a delightful tea hour with a friend who just returned from Europe after being there for 16 years. Then, it was XT, gym diva night. Then a great salmon dinner with the Easy Pacer watching a rainbow arch over the horizon. Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks, a quick read and then post...2 miles for me "sort of" running, then 22 minutes on the bike trainer.

Running in Norway sounds awesome

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."