Masters Running

Thurs 4/9 Daily Masters Runs and Fun Stuff (Read 518 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm sure they make Batman themed yoga gear for you, Steve Evil grin Amazing what pops up when you put "Yoga" and "Batman" into google Clowning around

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I saw an article in the paper today about yoga for DOGS! No kidding. They call it "doga." Sigh. They showed a photo of a woman doing a pose like an arched cat, and the little dog was spread out on her back. I'm sure the dog was thrilled.
      wildchild

Carolyn

SteveP, I think you're lucky that you have a job that involves some physical work. My old job included some field work mixed with office work, and I really liked that, but my current job requires sitting on my butt all day. I really love running at lunch to break up the day. I understand that it's probably harder for you to run if you're tired from your job, but I still think it beats sitting all day. Just a thought. Maine, when you asked the punks who'd spit at you if they had something to say to you, imagine how they would feel if they knew you were a cop? Kinda like those Somali pirates sitting in their lifeboat next to a U.S. Navy destroyer, I'd guess. Perch, good luck getting to Boston and running it pain-free! I had a great run at lunch today. It's a cool 55° so I ran some intervals on a nearby flat dirt trail. Started with a mile warm up at 10:30, then four half-mile intervals at 4:26, 4:25, 4:32, 4:34, with short walk breaks between each, then finished up with two miles at 10:33 and 10:16.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

xor

I saw an article in the paper today about yoga for DOGS! No kidding. They call it "doga." Sigh. They showed a photo of a woman doing a pose like an arched cat, and the little dog was spread out on her back. I'm sure the dog was thrilled.
          heh. If you go to my blog, in the upper right corner is my avatar. Really, it's a picture of Tobias at the end of a doggie yoga class. He's standing in front of a doggie yoga mat. I'm totally serious.

They showed a photo of a woman doing a pose like an arched cat, and the little dog was spread out on her back. I'm sure the dog was thrilled.
            Oh, I'm sure he was!! Big grin SRL - How is little Tobias, the Wonder Dog, doing these days?

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

heh. If you go to my blog, in the upper right corner is my avatar. Really, it's a picture of Tobias at the end of a doggie yoga class. He's standing in front of a doggie yoga mat. I'm totally serious.
              funny, I was wondering what Tobias was up to when you took that picture. So does yoga help our Tobias to relax a bit more Clowning around hey, come on over to Wenatchee next week. The weather will be good and it would be a great warm up run for Mt. Si. {{{{{{{perchcreek}}}}}} yoga or pilates can help you a bunch. Great run there Carolyn...I envision you flying in that dirt path...WTG sistahh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

No, he's completely terrible at yoga. He was one and done. My beagle would be much better at the class because she's not a spaz. Her problem is that she tends to view other small dogs as food. So while she'd do the poses and listen to the instructor, she's not great at 'group dog exercise' in general. It becomes a little like an episode of Planet Earth. But without the HD cameras.

StevePMaine, when you asked the punks who'd spit at you if they had something to say to you, imagine how they would feel if they knew you were a cop? Kinda like those Somali pirates sitting in their lifeboat next to a U.S. Navy destroyer, I'd guess.
                  That's just one of the good things about not living in the town that I work in anymore, it used to be that everyone knew I was a cop, now only a select few know. Big grin Before I forget .. Happy Birthday HenRun!! Thursday - 8.04 miles - 1:01:51 - 7:42 - Avg HR 142 Max HR 151 - Sunny, windy & 60 7:55 - 7:31 - 7:24 - 7:32 - 7:27 - 7:35 - 802 - 8:04 - 0:18
                    Speaking of Cops(okay not quite)...tomorrow is my last day in the lumber industry...Monday I start as a Corrections Deputy...
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      Congrats Lynden! Hey didn't the Seattle Times just have something about cutbacks in that area? Perch!! Wow sounds like good news indeed regarding the leg. As an aside I found a research article that showed marathon runners have a 4 x higher chance of lone episodes of atrial fibrillation than controls. Doggie Yoga?? ok, you urban chic people..... SLO- great way to respond to the little jerks. Holly inspired me and I might try a one mile jog with my DS tonight. Hopefully he will make it more than 200 yards before getting a side stitch. Walt, so glad to hear your DD is making great improvements. I can't imagine how stressful that week must have been.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Happy Birthday Henrun. 26K tonight including 3x6k, first one at 3:58 pace, second at 3;58 pace and third at 4per k. Felt pretty good, tired once I stopped but that is to be expected. Time for some shut eye... Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

Congratulations, Gordon!! Is this the job you've been so discreet about for the last few months? That's great, and good to see you! Maine, good to be a little incognito in your line of work. Amazing distance and pace for you... we are tapering, right? Wink My run tonight was great, and bad at the same time. I had to drive to a dry spot, so went to where I know the 5 mile out-and-back by heart and the road is dry. Bike path along the side has been plowed for part of it, so I tried that but it's still pretty icy. Hid my Garmin under my sleeve and took off, reminding myself to take it easy and being careful on the ice. Checked my time when I got back, and my avg pace was 8:22, a full 20 seconds per mile faster than what I wanted. Good run, but disappointed that I'm so bad at pacing... still after all this time. Oh well.
                            Enke-That's the state DOC,I'll be in Whatcom County...but it looks like it's all political manuvering...we'll let all the prisoners out early and layoff hundreds of officers...then the public outcry starts...
                            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Happy Birthday Henrun!! Perch...hope things get better and we see you in Boston Our dog doesn't do yoga, but would be happy to do what ever we call it if she was involved. Congrats on the new gig lyndenrunner My run tonight ended up being twice as long as planned. I thought I'd do a 7 or 8 miler, but found out the out and back bike/running path is more of a triangle and the last part was really long. I did the first 5-6 pretty hard thinking I was going to wrap it up then it kept going and going (in the wrong direction). It turned into a looong 14 miles...glad I have time to recover and hopefully I'll plan better next week. night all!
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                              SteveP

Speaking of Cops(okay not quite)...tomorrow is my last day in the lumber industry...Monday I start as a Corrections Deputy...
                                Well done Gordon!!!! Thanks for the yoga tips!

SteveP