Masters Running

Thursday April 19th - running? (Read 56 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

It was a tragic day in Boston on Monday, but look what happened on this site.  All these familiar runners from a distant time popping in to say hello.  That makes me feel good.

Trying to return to normal (whatever that is).  Ten miles on the treadmill, while Wlaking Dead Season 2 played in the cardio cinema.  That was tough to stomach (literally).  Like the zombies, I hacked up a lung, but it's all good.

mrrun

It was a tragic day in Boston on Monday, but look what happened on this site.  All these familiar runners from a distant time popping in to say hello.  That makes me feel good.

+

Biked in to work today and extended the ride to go past the Church where the interfaith service is going to be at 11.  There were over 200 people waiting in line to see if they could get a seat.  there were police standing at alert every 2 feet for a couple of blocks.  I wasn't exactly sure where the church was then I saw a car with NYP - New York Police in front of me, so I followed it (traffic moves slowly on these roads) and then saw a cyclist turn down a street and followed him - Eureka - no parking Thursday signs everywhere.  Fortunately, this will be on the internet, so i can follow from work....

Healing runs/walks everyone!

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

pssst--hey, Holly--the 10 day forecast calls for a low of 45 and a high of 62...and partly cloudy...

C-R

Morning All.

2 easy miles this morning and a 20 min Insanity workout. Just started these and really like them. Although they are hard. Now sitting in BWI waiting to go home so I can turn around and head to TN. Ugh.

Ribs - I'm impressed with your road warrior stuff and still be able to run as well as you do.

I had a great run last night around BWI (literally - there's a nice path) and it seemed that all the runners I encountered were a little more in tune to each other and had an easy wave or smile. Perhaps this was just me projecting but for all the tragedy, there good in people will show. On here, with the first responders, with the folks at the Bruins game last night (saw that on ESPN and gave me a lump in my throat) and so many other places. I'm racing a HM on Sat in my home town and looking forward to seeing my runners club friends. Especially those that made it back from Boston just to give them a hand shake, smile and understanding nod.

Time to fly. Have a great day everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Hey All,

I'm still around.

I've been finding it pretty hard to say anything about the recents events.

I should be back to my 40 - 50 mpw soon. All I need now is a swift kick in the rear. I let some bad habits creep in and my belt got a little longer.

This weekend I'm doing another "Gravel Grinder" a 75 mile bike race on the gravel roads of Western Illinios. Grumpy Grind.

These events are like the Trail / Ultra events of the running world. They bring out quite the cast of characters. Viewing Pleasure.

Mariposai

It looks like Holly and MikeE will have perfect weather condition for their marathon!

Econo, you are right, many people will start doing marathon or will be back at it as a result off all this.

10 miles last night with a few at MP. This was a zombiesleks run...I got caught by two groups of mean zombies...Sad.

Today was 4 easy miles to recover. The bright sun coming up the mountain made the whole valley to sing!

Hey guys, the big news is that I am going to have a slumber party with Enkephalin and her kids at their cabin this weekend!!! I can't wait.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PBJ I am trying to get through this season's Walking Dead during my elliptical workouts, about half way through at this point.  In my case, it is because my DW gave up on the series and I want to potentially switch satellite services and when I do I figure I will lose my saved programs.  The Walking Dead is the only one left on the DVR I care about.

I am still off from running.  Heck, off from anything other than being a couch potato!  My left leg has finally recovered to the point where it is more or less propelling and catching me on command.  My right . . . well the calf is still upset with me.  I figure another few days before it forgives and forgets.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hey All,

I'm still around.

I've been finding it pretty hard to say anything about the recents events.

Same here. Rest day today. 17 days until my marathon In CO. Keep on keepin' on, my friends.

King of PhotoShop

Got home last night, and will be until next week's trip to Philadelphia for a one-day workshop, and I am going to make the most of it, with sleep, relaxation, very little running and just allowing my body to recover.  I figured out it's time for a good rest and recovery, with nothing on the horizon to plan for.

Two reflections on last week:

One is how enjoyable the Saint and I found speaking to Ilene's husband Fast Forward.  He is a great conversationalist, with a good sense of humor and very engaging.

The second was my disappointment at not getting to see PBJ after all these years.  Maybe one day, but I hope you heal up soon Joe.

I walked 2 brisk miles with my RP in the rain this morning. She brought an umbrella!  Then I stretched at the Y.  I may do that through Saturday.

Spareribs

C-R

All I need now is a swift kick in the rear. 

Hey Slo - <1:30 and dropping it again this weekend.

Also going for sub 19. Race you to that one.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Slo

Hey Slo - <1:30 and dropping it again this weekend.

Also going for sub 19. Race you to that one.

Suddenly my coccyx hurts.

C-R

Suddenly my coccyx hurts.

Lowest time in either or both buys beer before Monkey

Slo

Looks like I'm doing the Monkey again this year.

Actually, after last year, I think this will be an annual event.

By the way Norm...you're on!

C-R

boogidie.boogidie boogidie  (that's southern NASCAR talk for all you Yankees)

Anyone else is welcome to join in the fun  All brews will be payable in Nashville in November

A

Looks like I'm doing the Monkey again this year.

Actually, after last year, I think this will be an annual event.

By the way Norm...you're on!

dg.

one more +1....

I know i"m not around much either, but it made me feel good too seeing who showed up.     Like someone said, (sorry, memory fails & no time to look..) in many ways we really are a family.  

I don't know how well I'll manage to keep up but I'll give it a try.   I'm already behind on reading the dailies.

Just a couple of comments for now...  Ribs, I didn't know about the framework, or context, for your run this year....     I'm sorry.   Thanks so much for sharing with us.     Thanks Joe!!!

Kevin, me too.     I keep seeing something else that makes me tear up.    It's usually just before I have to answer the phone at work.

Twocat...     talk about being behind...   when I was around you were fighting (& fighting hard) to beat an awful series of injuries.   And now I see you aced Boston.    oh my.    : D

I don't suppose I should have been, but at first I was  surprised to see how many of us had similar reactions to what happened as far as our own goals.   I've been discouraged for quite a while, & have a clump of back issues I hadn't been aware of, on top of the SI problems I've had forever.       But in spite of never having been within light years of spitting distance of a BQ, I woke up Tuesday determined to at least to give it my very very best.       Right now I'm on a 4 mile leash per my excellent PT dynamic duo, and so 4 this morning, 4 Tuesday.   

So many wise words from all of you.    Hopefully we can (as a nation) have increased awareness of the actual reality of what so many in the world face more or less daily.

I'm glad some of you liked what I quoted.... thanks for expressing that.   I really liked it too.... I'll let Todd know.   I think it would mean a lot to him.     And those who pray can throw in one or two for his son Matthew!

hi everybody Smile

edited to correct a bad choice of words!

p.s.  hi Tselbs!