Masters Running

Sunday 4-29-18 The Daily (Read 39 times)

Some dandy racing this weekend, including Mike's 3 OA!!

Yesterday did my last "long run" in the Forest with a new friend - 8 miles - and I felt like I was struggling on almost every climb.  Hard time catching my breath, etc.  Headache the rest of the day and just felt drained.  This morning, I just feel pooped, so I'm ditching my 4 miles.  The thought of getting out there is mentally exhausting.  Instead I'm doing some housework and yard work.  The Hub is gone all day.  He's the speaker at a meeting where he was in rehab and I was summarily uninvited.   It's all good.  The sun is finally out, I get the house to myself for few hours (which never happens) and I can just piddle around and do what I want.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

congrats MikeE - 3 OA  

Ha! I knew it!  Congrats, Mike.

Congrats, Paul, too. Better weather helps.

Dave--I was thinking of you when I saw that draft lottery last night.  Better days are coming for you.  (But I don't buy that Caps prediction for a minute.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello, again, everybody!

Yep, Tramps, I had a hell of a day.  2:58:53...I think...it was under 3, that’s all I care about.  Luckily, a guy admitted that he cut the course...which was very easy to do...and was disqualified...which bumped me up to 3rd.

I’m sitting at the Philadelphia Airport.  I don’t board until 5:20.  I really do like receiving awards—but this trophy is a little embarrassing to be carrying around.  I wish I had a bag to stash it in.  One lady asked me if it was the Stanley Cup.  Not quite.

Okay—that’s it from me.  I think I’ll try to find a quiet place to sleep...I only got 3 hours, last night.  See ya!

Great job, Mike, and I time that I only dreamed of when I could even have marathon dreams.

Tramps, all the local fauna seems to be getting more tamed these days. You can get astoundingly close to many of the deer before they move, and I thought a squirrel at the park this morning was going to come over to sit in my lap! This might be the same pair of ducks -- or related to them -- that seem to nest in our immediate vicinity every year. They just happened this time to pick a spot a bit too close.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Great races for Mike, Bioguy and PFriese!!

I never got around to posting yesterday - 8 miles with Sole Sisters, but I totally bonked after 5 .... not sure if it was lack of fuel or my legs were exhausted from Friday's workout and cleaning but I had nothing in me the last 3 miles.

Spent the next few hours in the ER with Steven - he has pneumonia again!!  Tested negative for flu altho I don't think those rapid flu swab are very reliable. They sent him home on strong antibiotic and I have to say after 3 doses he is looking much better!! Think we both have some PTSD from 2 years ago when he was intubated for 9 days with flu/pneumonia!! So thankful it doesn't look like we are heading down that road again!!

Today slept in then volunteered at a church reception following our Men's ACTS retreat. Love being part of it all and seeing the joy in their faces after a weekend retreat!!

No workout today - no mojo for it!! 

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Great races for Mike, Bioguy and PFriese!!

Indeed!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quickadder

+1 to all the comments about our great racers.

Got my trail shoes out for the first time in months and did a lap of the trails in our local park plus some unintentional off-trail exploring along the river bank. Temperature was 83F, but I was deliberately running early afternoon as I'm trying to decide if I'm going to run the Danimal 50K there in October when the temperature is likely to be similar to today and there is an 8 hour cutoff, strictly enforced. 9.6 miles today.

Sightings of 2 armadillos and multiple squirrels and more people (many with leashed dogs) on the trails than I can remember seeing on a regular Sunday.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

ya know, for a bunch of old farts, we have some pretty fast runners here! Congratulations!

I have been doing laundry since 9:00, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming. I'm now on about my 6th load of laundry with another yet to go. How can a family of 3 have so much laundry?!  Ok, I'm also doing all the bedding, including comforters, etc. so I guess that makes a difference. 
                  no running for me today I guess because I underestimated just how much housework I am behind on. . . and I have a guest coming this weekend so can't have it looking like the housekeeper has been here in months. 

Tammy

. . . and I have a guest coming this weekend so can't have it looking like the housekeeper has been here in months. 

Your guest probably couldn't care less. 

Mike - Picture, please, of the "Stanley Cup."

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike!  I was at the Philadelphia airport right when you were. We boarded at 5:05.  I was Southwest.  We should have met up to say hi.  Congratulations on a great time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Woohoo, awesome job on the race, Mike E and *snork* on the Stanley Cup reference. Yes, I think we'd all like to see it.

Nice job, Paul! You just keep cranking them out consistently. Wow...

Tammy, now don't go making your houseguest feel self-conscious! As she said, she doesn't care, although I understand the urge to clean up a bit. If I had house guests coming this weekend I'd have had to start a month ago!

Holly, when I feel like that I take it as a strong message to take a day off. Or two.

Trying to post snow pictures but so far not really working... I just don't know why that doesn't work from the mac.

Made it to Jacksonville, FL today. What a long day. They have a 5k tomorrow at 6 a.m., which is 2 a.m. my time so not sure I'll be up for it. If I do, I'll just jog/walk it to get to know a route to run later.

..howdy.......

did 60-min on uneven trails

HH 3-4s (so packing 14-lbs extra weight)

.........foot slid around A LOT in the new trailboots

and

bunions we especially unhappy

but was drenched in sweat when I finished, so Good Work-Out

hitting the pool at the Y monday

................Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....