Masters Running

Monday, 10.3.16 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Nice 11+ foggy miles yesterday, Haller. Did you get the lawn mowed? I think I've got one more mow before I exchange the lawn mower for the leaf blower.

Congrats on getting more rain. Leslie.

Good job on your 11+ mile 'taper' run, Evanflein. Maybe that back-aching yard work the day before helped?

Good to hear from you, TSelbes.

Congrats on your run around the lake, Stumpy.

DD and her friends are killer cute and very happy, Holly. You can do my hair anytime! (It would only take about 30 sec...) Good 12- miler, but could you be ramping up too quickly? I (and you!) would hate to see you regress. Don't worry about Portland - think more long-term.

Smart running/tapering, Enke.

Great 20-mile course preview, WC! The distance would wear me out, even without the ups and downs.

Congrats on the great time in the Run With The Fishes, Tet! Yep - you're ready for Portland.

Congrats on your 15 years as RD of the Autumn Leaf Run, Mariposai. Any race with you at the helm is a great race. Good 11-miler ahead of Portland.

Yikes, Jlynne - the "Tough" part of the name of the race is true enough!  Congrats on finishing - I don't think I'd be able to last that long in those conditions.

Congrats, Steve, on fixing the backward plumbing, getting recognition at church as someone who knows a thing or 2 (or 3) about running, and on getting to the coffee pot before the office burned down.

SRD for me today, which is good because I still have a few lingering aches from my 'not-race' yesterday. I have a morning meeting and two evening meetings today, so it is back to the rat race. For those keeping score, with about 4 hours left in the 1st Seacoast Half Marathon entry auction, the high bid is $306.99 - wow!

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Some great running yesterday, including excellent racing for Jlynne (Tough!) and Tetsujin (Speedy!)

Just 2 miles for me today, plus about 15 minutes of weights and core.

A friend sent me this in a text today:

WAKE UP.

KICK ASS.

BE KIND.

REPEAT.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

66F

3 miles (walk breaks in between each mile)

mile 1: 9:33

mile 2: 9:09

mile 3: 9:21

Ralph, Tricia, Marty, and I ran through Skipwith this morning. Marty and I discussed public education and Ralph and Tricia rolled their eyes at us I think. I am not a good listener.  But we were nearly on the same page when we finished.

Holly, thanks for sharing the photos. The girls looked beautiful and I loved your DD's hair style. Excellent.

Wildchild, 20 miles. Wow. And belated congratulations to your gaining a son-in-law.

Marj, I had visions of unity and peace as I read your post...

We might see a hurricane this coming weekend. Whoopie.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

p.s. Jeanne is one tough mudder.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Jay - thank you for the summary!!!

RCG - nice to see you!

Can't remember if I posted this weekend, but I raced on Saturday and finished my 5K in 27:05, took a day off, and then ran an easy 8 this morning. Looking forward to the Hartford Half on Saturday.

Hally Trails!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Dave59

I hit the ARC trainer at the gym this morning.

Since I have far exceeded by high-deductible this year I decided to see a chiropractor about my sore back.  They had time to see me today and get through the initial evaluation.  I have an adjustment scheduled for Wednesday and a massage (myofascial release) on Thursday.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

I love how Jlynne took Tag's advice. You know, this: " Just have fun when you go run run run. Chase a squirrel, pee on things, roll in smelly stuff and don't worry about it."   --In the spirit of the advice, in the tough mudder.    I think there should be an RA meet-up where Tag gets to be on a Tough Mudder Team.

So exciting, so many folks getting together this weekend! Looking forward to following it all, along with Chicago, where lots of folks from here will be running.

Loved the image of Jay turning off the course to pick up the paper and saunter into the house. I'd have been scratching my head!

I got in 17 yesterday, with a bunch of bridges. (Then spent some time following the President of the Dominican Republic and also learning about new streets in Boston  .)  6 easy this am.

Glad you are ok Dave, and also glad the Homecoming Weekend was a success, Holly! What Erika said back a day or so ago.

Yes, COngrats, Mari. Hope you have fun this weekend and can relax.

Barb, am reading Run right now. Ann Patchett is a favorite--I started reading her when her first two novels came out.  Happy you are also a fan!

And Monday morning, here on the east side, is over, just like that <snap>

grins, A

OH, and also, our local running shop owner, Rachel Lee, is in Hawaii for the Kona Ironman competition this weekend.  She's in her late 40s; once the swim's out of the way, she should start going up the ranks.  She did an Ironman in Maryland last year, came out 17th in the swim and ended up winning her division.  4:05 marathon time after the swim and bike.  She's from Cape Coral, FL if you follow tris.  Really down to earth great person.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I ran the Ridgefield Half Marathon on Sunday. I finished in 1:38:31 which got me 7 out of 66 in the 50-59 AG. One thing I want to know is why other people look so good and happy in their race pictures. See here is my DW coming into the finish.

Then there is me. I look like I am an extra in a horror movie who is running from werewolves and about to be eaten. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

I don't know, Twocat. People like your DW drive me nuts. Like Wildchild, too. Always looks good in race pictures. I look more like you do, just like I'm hating life and about to die or kill someone. Good race for you though. A sub 1:40 half is a great time!

So... my cat Emma has tapeworms. Gross. And to think she sleeps with us!  Poor kitty, too many voles for her own good. And she threw one up on the carpet yesterday evening.  So, off to the vet today for some de-wormer meds. I couldn't get a "sample" from her for analysis beforehand, but on the way home she pooped all over in the carrier so I had plenty to choose from and dropped a baggie off at the vet's on the way back to work. They must love me. It's a damned good thing that cat is so sweet, I tell ya.

So, I lost most of my running opportunity today to the vet trip, so now that the work day is done I'll head out for a few miles. Considered making it a rest day, but it's too nice out for that and these days won't last!

Twocat - must be all those Zombies that have caught you over the years.

Lovely photo of your wife.

SRD for me, and I took that literally and had a 2 hour afternoon nap, what a treat.  I think being awake half the night while my daughter was having a stomach virus thingy going on made me a bit tired.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

p.s. Jeanne is one tough mudder.

Indeed she is!!!

Mr.s Twocat is always gorgeous no matter what she is doing. I just love that girl.

Twocat, the difference is, you are working hard...the rest of us are out there for the fun!

No running today. Taper time1

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

One thing I want to know is why other people look so good and happy in their race pictures. 

Then there is me. I look like I am an extra in a horror movie who is running from werewolves and about to be eaten. 

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I can't see the pictures for some reason...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I can't see the pictures for some reason...

They were there yesterday.  Did TC shut down his FB?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Head Procrastinator

Jay - thank you for the summary!!!

RCG - nice to see you!

Can't remember if I posted this weekend, but I raced on Saturday and finished my 5K in 27:05, took a day off, and then ran an easy 8 this morning. Looking forward to the Hartford Half on Saturday.

Hally Trails!!!

She said hally trails Smile

I can't see the pictures either. But I am sure you look mahvelous Twocat.

OK, I take that back. Mrs TC looks mahvelous. You.....look  um.....determined.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats