Masters Running

"Can't think of a good reason to finish" - Bayshore 2010 (with pictures!) (Read 639 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Bill - thank you for sharing this.  No one can make the choice in a race to finish or not to finish but you, and I don't fault you for your decision one bit, but it was nice to hear the whole story behind the day.  I'm glad you still had a great time with the weekend (I love the pictures!), your family, and a great meet-up with RAers.  You're one big sweetie, my friend, and whatever you decide to race in the future, fulls or halfs, I hope you end up racing where I am again....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Byll, I'm really glad you wrote this. 

I hope all of the Bummer's have faded.....

Running and the determination that it takes are way up there on the list of Very Important Things to all of us here, but they're not the only things that matter.    Your reasons, especially considering possible dehydration & your fatigue later, make a lot of sense.   You've got the toughness for the times and circumstances that call for it.   This reminds me of MS's thead on KR about marathons and mindsets.  I think it's a very valuable post.   Among other things it encourages health, quality of life, and celebrating the entire range of our running experience.   Including way cool gatherings like we had in Traverse City!  

Thanks for your report, and for the pictures.      It was Chamber of Commerce weather, wasn't it?    So happy you and your family had such a great time.        And that you keep picking races in places where I can be there too : D.  

see you in a few months! 

#artbydmcbride

Nice report, Bill!  {{[Bergere}}}   I hope you always find good reasons to run....   Wink

Runners run