Masters Running

Trial Run (Read 433 times)

woooohooooo MARATHONER!!   great report!!  i felt like i was right there with you .......... so glad you had a positive experience on your first marathon and looking to do another -- hope it's Boston and we get to meet!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

denise

to sum up:

I finished, upright, mobile, & with a smile on my face.

I can't wait for the next one.

What a perfect summary, dg.!  I'm so glad this was was a positive experience.  Congratulations!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I'm in awe......Great report and another motivation for me to someday attempt what you've now accomplished.

Helen

CassadAAmius

Fabulous report, Debbie. I'm really happy for you. Enjoy your accomplishment and rest well.
            The fact that you can't wait to do another one speaks volumes.  It seems like just a short time ago you were plagued by injuries and now WOW, you are a marathoner!  You did it right and next time you will get all those little details sorted out and have an even better time.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Rindaroo

Loved your report!  How cool to do your first marathon in your hometown, and most of all the part I love the most is that you finished uninjured Smile  You know how nervous you've made me...lol...  but I'm so glad you were able to train and make it to this point, and to do it!   I'm in awe, you inspire me.

SteveP

Now there's a RR that is impossible to read and not smile !

Dad's and Daughters......so cool that your Dad was there to watch.

Good friends, family, weather....what more could you want ?

Congratulations on your huge accomplishment !

We're all very proud of you Deb.

It would have been kewl to see the looks on your famliy members' faces when they finally recognized you. Sweetest RR I've read in a while.

SteveP

dg. congratulations on your first marathon!  I think an invisible guardian was with you to let you know your battery was about to die the day before the race!  Those last miles read better than they might have felt.  But your splits were good all the way through.  Great job.  Well all but for that trying a new thing at the race which, like, a million zillion people have posted through the years and is in the magazines and books is a pretty dangerous thing!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Congratulations, Dg!!  I've been wondering how thing went, and so glad to "see" you smiling!

Don't know if anyone has said anything or not - but those sandwich size baggies with the slide closures, perfect for carrying goodies in, with an easy open/close.  My hands, especially my thumbs, refuse to work when they're cold.  Trying to unlock a locked car with no useful opposable thumbs, interesting, to say the least.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

YAY dg//................you Marathoner you.......

VERY solid on the splits................I'm glad this was a Good One for you.

You earned every bit of it.

ps

your turn.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Renee the dog

OK, I got back from Disney World yesterday.  Finally, after combing the forum up and down, I found this report! Good title to bury a race report, dg!!   But, I was hopeful, and there it was!

CONGRATULATIONS on a fine marathon outing!  SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool to have as much family interaction as you did on course!  I think you did a great job!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I had to save this for the weekend so I could savor every word, and it was worth the wait, dg.

Super A+ report!

With your permission, I would love to use this with the 1st timers I meet with each year at our local Y.  It's that inspiring and fun to read as well.

Congrats! 

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles