Masters Running

Scale back goal thread - August 13 (Read 408 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - for what it's worth, I thought you were at about a perfect weight at Seattle.  I didn't see an ounce of fat on you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Erika - for what it's worth, I thought you were at about a perfect weight at Seattle.  I didn't see an ounce of fat on you.

I'm not sure I've seen an ounce of fat on any of the boomer goddesses I've had the pleasure of meeting in person.  And the rest of you, your pictures look pretty good, too.

I've discovered the secret of rapid wieght loss--use a different scale   I used the scale at the camp this Thursday and was at 184.  The lowest I've hit at home recent ly is 187 and that was after arun.  Pretty sure the one at home is more accurate, though.  Damn.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

I'm not sure I've seen an ounce of fat on any of the boomer goddesses I've had the pleasure of meeting in person.  And the rest of you, your pictures look pretty good, too.

I don't think there is a boomer godess here that I can't lift over my head

SteveP

dg.

I've discovered the secret of rapid wieght loss--use a different scale   I used the scale at the camp this Thursday and was at 184.  The lowest I've hit at home recent ly is 187 and that was after arun.  Pretty sure the one at home is more accurate, though.  Damn.

Kevin, do pictures when we're 18 count?  ;-)      hey I like those scales with those little turny dials.   instant fine tuning.

Steve.....   with a forklift?    Smile

thanks Holly, Nono (what made you decide 113 was your perfect weight?) ,  Tramps....  I think like you I'd like a weight where I run well ( ifn that ever happens) but where I don't have to watch every bite.  I'm sort of at that point now as far as staying around where I am with just reasonably paying attention to what I eat, but am not sure I shouldn't bump it down a little.   I haven't been running long enough, or had enough experience esp. without injuries or other health issues, to ever have been able to isolate the weight variable. 

Divechief, good point about the Raynaud's.   I didn't realize weighing more was a factor but of course that makes sense!  Mine is terrible... even this summer on cool mornings, i've come home from runs, been in the shower & noticed my hands were white. 

Erika I've never seen an ounce of fat on you either. 

Stevep... uh oh.   gabby seems to be back.  

Renee the dog

Nono (what made you decide 113 was your perfect weight?) , 

My thighs look not fat.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!