Masters Running

Mustang Sally, our hero!!! (Read 414 times)

Mariposai

As Bregarcito pointed out, Mustang Sally is competing in the 2012 ITU Age Group World Triathlon Championships as AG Team members of Team Canada.\ in New Zealand this weekend.Surprised

The link for the event is here!

http://www.trijuice.com/2010/06/new_zealand_secures_2012_itu_triathlon_world_championships.htm

Here is "our star"

Remember when BQing was her highest quest?

AMAZING!!!!!

What a STAR!!!!!

Any news about her performance, please post it here! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Sweet. I miss her exploits. 

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Sweet. I miss her exploits. 

Me, too......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Which one is she ?

None of those ladies look old enough to be a Master.  Of course, this goes without saying...niether do any of the other ladies that post here!

Big grin

mrrun

Her mom is competing for Team USA in the Sprint Tri  - it's a family affair!

the Victoria Half was when we met a bunch of the folks - a memorable meet-up.

MS is on the left.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

A maple leaf never looked better.  Go Sally!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks nancy, 

good luck to both

I bet it's a cold swim though.

Any US-Canada, mother-daughter photos?.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...This is SOOOO COOL//////

............we have Got to get a RR out of it.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Very cool. Go MS!

(Thanks Mari)

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Here is the Facebook posting of our hero!

Great day of racing under trying conditions. Met my primary goal, "manage bike effort and don't die on the run."

36/80 AG, PW swim, but fine considering the body-surfing chop running directly against a tidal current. Very happy, and am looking forward to seeing Mom pick up her hardware tonight. Smile

Amazing performance Mustang Sally!!! We are so proud of you!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Thanks Nancy! 

here's a picture of Momz on the medal platform.      it is impossible to look at this and not smile all over yourself.   :-D

Mariposai

and here is our own Mustang Sally in action!