Masters Running

40s 50 60s+ On the Run - w/e 06/05 (Read 648 times)

Boy, it's awful quiet in here today (queue the crickets . . . )

Have a great weekend, friends -

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

I've never been in here before....there is a certain, ummmm, eeriness to it  . Is that you LESLIE LESLIe LESLie LESlie LEslie Leslie leslie..................ok, no one home.

Boy, I better get to bed

TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

flatland mountaineer

Wishing Arla a nice LR/Marathon at R&R San Diego.

Leslie congrats on running the hill.

Been busy trying to catch up from last weekend. We might catch a little 5k semi-locally tommorow.

Hiya to the rest of the gang.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Good luck to Arla and Timbo tomorrow!!

Hope you get to the 5k tomorrow, Jim.

Yes, Tim.  It's Me, Me, Me, me, me, me . . .   We're usually chattier.  It's been an off day for some reason.  Come back and visit us again soon.

Okay, bedtime.  I have an early 5:00 a.m. alarm so that I can get to the trails by 7:00.  Nitey nite.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Lynda and I did a little 5k in Ogallala this morning. I am still not used to this warmer weather but clouds rolled in towards the end to save the day. It was a variation on the route we did in November before Vegas but this one was more fun with some climbs and loops. I am not quite where I want to be yet but "I can see it from here!"  Got part of my entry fee back in Chamber bucks good at most of the local biz places for 2nd AG (really small race).

Off to haul some more fertilizer then a wedding this aft and party tonite.....

Have a great weekend folks!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hey folks!  Sounds like good times were had at the BB Smile.  Nice that they timed that so Cindy, Doug, Lynda and Jim could enjoy  it together.  And some AG swag at the Ogallala 5K for Jim as well!  Arla and Timbo, have fun in your respective races.  Stumpy, the yoga has been eluding me too.  Gotta get back to it.  Joe, how's Buddy these days?  Jewels, are you still on school break or back at it for the summer?  Leslie, hope your legs were feeling better on your trail run today.

Back after a week in beautiful North Carolina.  Spent the first night in Charlotte, then drove up to Winston Salem to go to a short track car race (anyone watch Madhouse?....that's where we went), and then up through NW North Carolina and southern Virgina (had to add a new state since we were so close) in route to Asheville for 5 nights.  No running....but a lot of sight seeing, walking, and eating.  Stayed in the most beautiful cottage and just relaxed and hung out together.  After 22 years of marriage + 5 years dating, my husband is still my best friend and the love of my life.

Meanwhile....back to real life....supposed to hit 100 here this weekend.  May have to utilize my gym membership a bit more to escape the heat.  Swimming sounds pretty good about now. 

Progress Trumps Pefection

jfa

Jim + Cindy and Spouses, nice going in Boulder. That sounds like a blast and you guys have some fun together. Jim I'm happy that your equipment malfuntion is not setting you back too much.

Cindy- how was your time at BB? What's going on this summer?

Carol- that's really nice that you had some good vacation time.The Carolina's are beautiful. I'm dealing with the heat here too.Poor Buddy's grounded when it's 90* + and humid. I can tell by the heat- meter/dip stick thingy  that hangs from his mouth. When it's over 3" long while resting , I'm sorry, no running today for you mister.

Leslie- way to kick that hill's ass. You showed it what for alright. When reaching the top of  the largest hill that I run regularly , I give it that sucker the double finger . Glad to hear of the return of sproinkiness to your legs.

Arla- hope your long run went well. I don't know how you could prepare for the humidity without actually getting in it some how. A vacation by the NJ shore would help. I think your idea to just take it very easy is a wise one. I'm sure that everyone there will take it into account. Who knows, maybe you'll get one of those days that I remember that were just crystal clear and perfect.

Hiya to Everyone

Busy catching up on my runs after socializing last weekend. I'm my log's biotch though ,so I had to keep my weekly streak going. Heat here has been bad but the gym helps. Today I was chased out of the woods by deer flies. I forgot the darn bug spray and now have a couple cherry sized welts from those blood sucking demons.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!