Masters Running

Is it too early for Monkey plans? (Read 384 times)

Slo

I will be arriving Friday mid afternoon. Traveling with me will be two tourist. DW and DM.

Shacking up at the no tell Microtel.

I'd like to get some Nashville site seeing in on Saturday, I Plan to follow whatever developes for a RA get together Saturday night and I do not plan on missing any of the Post Race, Post Post Race or Post Post Post Race Parties on Sunday.

That being said, I may need a ride Sunday to let the tourists take the car.

Marathon Maniac #957

Shacking up at the no tell Microtel.

Me, too!  I'm picking up OM and Wildchild at the Nashville airport on Saturday (OM comes in at about noon and Wildchild just before 3, so I will probably just wait there till then).  We will then see if we can make the packet pickup before 4, and then check in at the no tell Microtel.  Beyond that I have no plans.  You are welcome to ride to the race with us.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

What Holly said! Smile

#artbydmcbride

Oh, I am flying in Friday evening and I am also staying at the Microtel.  Smile   I may also need a ride wherever.  Maybe there will be a get together Friday night or a short run Saturday?

Runners run

Dave59

Add up all your Microtel rooms and you have one regular size hotel room. Big grin

(I've stayed at one once and liked it.  But it was small.)

C-R

I will arrive Friday night late but am staying with in-laws. There is usually a 3 or 4 mile Sat morning run in the park. Monkey man will have specific time but if I recall its usually at 7. There is a Sat dinner get together that Dallas arranges but I've not attended as I had family stuff in past years.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Add up all your Microtel rooms and you have one regular size hotel room. Big grin

(I've stayed at one once and liked it.  But it was small.)

When I stayed at this one two years ago, my room was very nice, and seemed to be the same size as any motel room I had been in before.  I was surprised, expecting it to be small and shabby.  However, it may have been "well-used" in the two years since.

There is an Olive Garden right next door, which is where we ate last time I was there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

So far, there's no pre dinner (of the 'arranged by dallas' variety).

Tip on the microtel... which is clean, but definitely tiny rooms IF you got a room with one bed... there won't be shampoo in the room.  If you are used to that nice-ity, ask at the desk.  They have it; they just don't put it out.  OR... go down the street to walgreens.

There is an RA group for monkey. You should join and see what information is being passed around.

There are a ton of restaurants nearby, though I don't recall an Olive Garden.  In the same parking lot is a place called O'Charleys, which is kind of a Bennigans/Applebees sort of deal.

There's a sports bar thingy across the street and down a couple blocks which is pretty good.

And, uh, a waffle house.  Everybody loves waffle house.

Mike E

MM #5615

NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA!

I am NOT listening to any of this Monkey talk...because I'm jealous.

Thanks!  Now my finger is sore from typing all those NANANA's.  I hope you're all happy!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mike - me too but we have so many hills around here in the PNW

that I couldn't have cared less, . . .until I read Robert's restaurant guide.

ps monkeys - be careful, very careful about sirens, . . I mean goddesses, enticing you to run,

if not race, the day before a full marathon , especially as daunting as the Monkey.. 

Maybe there will be a get together Friday night or a short run Saturday?

ps - no particular reason but did someone we've been missing move to Texas?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, you've already done a marathon in Tennessee!   Smile  But I wish you were coming, too. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

So far, there's no pre dinner (of the 'arranged by dallas' variety).

Tip on the microtel... which is clean, but definitely tiny rooms IF you got a room with one bed... there won't be shampoo in the room.  If you are used to that nice-ity, ask at the desk.  They have it; they just don't put it out.  OR... go down the street to walgreens.

There is an RA group for monkey. You should join and see what information is being passed around.

There are a ton of restaurants nearby, though I don't recall an Olive Garden.  In the same parking lot is a place called O'Charleys, which is kind of a Bennigans/Applebees sort of deal.

There's a sports bar thingy across the street and down a couple blocks which is pretty good.

And, uh, a waffle house.  Everybody loves waffle house.

BTW Monkey racers...

If you have a SRLopez;s sighting on your marathon plan...listen to him...

HE is the KING expert of all marathon

listen to him...

he is always right!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

you can say that again.

Also the master of negative splits and getting faster and faster still churning out PR’s even after ten years of running. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

You mean here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum 

Who knew?

Looking at the map, I believe that O'Charley's used to be an Olive Garden.  Cool, because I like O'Charley's better.

Mike - I will miss you, too.....

OrangeMat

MM #6177

You mean here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum 

Who knew?

Nice pictures on the front page of the group there... yowza! Thanks for the warning Tet, and now I'm even more thankful that I scheduled my flight for the day before. Wink

I really can't be thinking about this yet. One marathon at a time.... so I'l join you with all the NANANANANANA's, Mike.

breathing, breathing....