Masters Running

Saturday 7/24/10..Runs and such (Read 527 times)

Still, any run is better than no run.

You got that right

((( Denise )))

Dave59

Last day with my foot wrapped.  Tomorrow I am allowed to put on a regular bandage and try wearing some sandals.  I  tossed my old sandals because I wore them to the hospital a few weeks ago and stained them with what was coming out of my foot, so I went out an bought a new pair today.  Of course, since it is July, all the fall and winter stuff is in stores now, but I did manage to find one pair in my size.

I knew people running the Bix 7 today.  Ryan Hall won it and was the first American in 19 years to do so.  Storms with 70mph winds ripped through last night and knocked down a lot of the expo tents in the streets, but today was mostly a problem with the heat.  A 41 year old man died on the course.  There were probably previous medical conditions involved but it is always so sad and tragic when that happens in a running event.

Marathon Maniac #957

A 41 year old man died on the course.   

Always sad to hear that.

Erika - good luck tomorrow!

DH and I are going to a comedy club tonight with another couple.  I haven't been to one of those in years - should be fun. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

around the safety of my friends i finally broke down and sobbed - so thankful to have friends i have that comfort level with and so thankful to all of you and everyone who has kept us in their prayers and intentions.

{{{hugs}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

5 mi this morning. It was 81 ºF with 93% H.  Felt pretty good.

Too hot to try for my Mom to go to the beach. She was unsteady when she got up, and gee, a 1/4 mi walk across the sand on the hottest day of the summer probably wouldn't have been the best plan. She was a bit miffed.

I had a small accident with our beach chair cart coming back from the beach...it fell over onto my calf and then scraped down my achilles (owwww), leaving a scratch but seemingly nothing more.  (HOPING)

Stay cool Masters!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

{{{Denise!}}

Erika  - Good luck tomorrow!

The roofers have been here the last couple of days, and the cats are not impressed.  Chico's been hiding under the bed all day, even though we left the door to the garage open so they could get in and out of the house.

13.75 miles in the woods this a.m. in 3:45.  I wasn't too into it, and the fact that Karen kept stopping to talk to people didn't help matters.  With the third stop, I finally told them I had to keep going 'cause I was getting cold.  We probably spent close to 15+ min talking to people.  It's hard to get the legs going when you stop and talk.   We hit the hills pretty hard and my legs are tired.

Tomorrow, 10 are on the schedule, then we're going to the Crabs baseball game.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday -

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I had to keep going 'cause I was getting cold. 

Whew, it's been a while since we've heard THAT one around here......

SteveP

Gotta love KY Tom White. I'd have no problem living in Ashland.

Fun fun fun Nancy.

It takes a special breed of cat to Ump, Sarge.

Soccor Mom Coaches are kewl!

Yeah, Hallar...Tag was a handful when we got back....Oh My GoshAfter 7:00 PM, he and I went oput for 1.5 miles and he ran like he had something to prove....It was a bit too hot for that.

Denise, I really like your friends.

Have fun Erika!!!!

I agree with Holly...Poor guy and his family.

SteveP