Masters Running

Friday (I Was Here Before coastwalker) Daily 1/15 (Read 34 times)

Definitely thumbs up to the store owners Tammy!! So glad they did the right thing!!

Henry - nice job on the hill!! I need a Boston run soon!

Dave - you need a better alarm clock 

20 minutes on the arc trainor, 1.2 miles on the treadmill, then upper body machines and core work.

Tomorrow planned on running to the Fudgcicle start (3miles), run the race, run home and add on to get my 10 done, but the forecast is tickling my wimp measure -- will have to see how much rain I really feel like running in when I get up in the morning!!

Nite all

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Where were all the anti-horseplay lifeguards from this summer when 6-yo GS was climbing all over me at today’s first of four-days-in-a-row-swimming pool sessions, clinging to my back as I scraped along the rough rubber latex ferro-concrete bottom to emerge two hours later with road rashed knees, feet, elbows, etc. as if I'd been in a Tour de France smash up.

A couple weeks ago, my daughter asked if I could help my grandson build a pinewood derby car.  Ryan and Eric both went through Cub Scouts, so, a few years ago, I went through 8 years in a row of having to build pinewood derby cars...a couple of those years 2.  And, I can't just build a simple wooden car with 4 wheels attached...oh, no...I have to go all out...and the pressure that I always felt was rediculous.  But every year, our cars won at least 1 award for Best Looking Car or Fastest Looking Car or Best Paint Job....or a combination of them.  I was so relieved to be done with all of that....and, now...I'm building another one and that same pressure is back and just as strong.  I went over to their house, last night, to get started, thinking I only had until next weekend to get it done...which really isn't enough time with everything else I have going.  So, I was really relieved when my daughter informed me that I actually have another whole week before it is due.   Anyway...my grandson thought he was pretty cool to be using the jig saw to cut out the first couple of pieces...we have a long way to go.

Our scout troop used to build the real soap box derby cars in the fifties

but I never had any experience with the Pinewood derby miniatures.

So I get back from the swimming pool to find item no. 3 on tomorrow’s agenda:

. . . 1. Cub Scout Basketball (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
      . . . 2. Logan Playdate (1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
      . . . 3. 4:00 p.m. - finish derby car (paint / weights)
      .. . . MIKE EEEE! Help!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

It's so much easier to get through the day when you love your work, right Dave?

I agree. I spent 13 hours at work today, but I am always amazed that I still come back home refreshed and ready for more. I love the work I do.

Now it is time to get ready for a three day weekend. I know it will involve some playing in the snow.

Tamster, the benefit of living in a small town. Sorry about your car, though.

taperboy, I never knew that you were a Boy Scout. My sons are Eagle Scouts

Cheers to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck tet!